1/22/2007: The One Year Anniversary

Postby Lamar4MVP on Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:24 pm

lakergourl wrote::bow: :bow: :bow:
Lamar4MVP

Postby bleed purple n gold on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:35 pm

Lamar4MVP wrote:
lakergourl wrote::bow: :bow: :bow:

…You take a player getting over 10mill a year and I will make him look like he deserves 2 mill. -Ron Artest
bleed purple n gold

Postby ladam24 on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:30 pm

Man time flys. It seems like yesterday i was getting home from school and tuning in at about 3 quarter time. I think i saw in the box score 54 points at the end of 3. That was a great feeling, i think i was standing up for the remainder of the game. Such a great day. :bow:
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
ladam24

Postby gokobe on Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:10 pm

I feel very lucky about being a witness to such greatness. Also my favourite player is the one who scored 81 points which had been topped just once in 60 years. Incredible. Thx for THIS special memory Kobe! :jam2: :jam2:
Kobe Bryant
gokobe

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:11 pm

One of the greatest games I ever watched. And one of the best things or crazy things about it, was that it came out of an absolutely horrible game which made it even better. Getting blown out by the Raptors was embarassing and hard to watch, but I refused to give up and change the channel and Kobe brought us back singlehandedly. If Kobe would have just went for 81 in a blowout from the begining it would have been awesome, but the way he did it made it even more memorable.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby The LeBrons on Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:15 pm

Weezy wrote:One of the greatest games I ever watched. And one of the best things or crazy things about it, was that it came out of an absolutely horrible game which made it even better. Getting blown out by the Raptors was embarassing and hard to watch, but I refused to give up and change the channel and Kobe brought us back singlehandedly. If Kobe would have just went for 81 in a blowout from the begining it would have been awesome, but the way he did it made it even more memorable.

You're exactly right. The guys on the Raptors channel said it best. Nobody on the team was ready to play, and Kobe refused to lose.
“That was a trip. It felt great, though. I don’t got to worry about nobody poisoning my burger now. I can eat in peace.”

- Kobe, the NBA MVP
The LeBrons

Postby kobe35ppg on Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:19 pm

Extreme Behavior
Sunday's Best
Kobe Bryant, Lakers guard: That's 81. Eight-one. Made 28-of-46 field goal attempts. Second only to Wilt for single-game scoring. Will he ever top this one? How about 90? Something to shoot for.

Sunday's Worst
Ruben Patterson, Blazers forward: Not that hideous a night (six points, three turnovers in 95-89 loss to the Mavs), but it is only right and fitting on this historic Sunday that the "Kobe-stopper" get his due.

Quote of the Day
"I couldn't even dream of this when I was a kid. There was no way possible."
-- Kobe Bryant.

• See how all 168 who played stacked up

-- Andrew Ayres

:man10: :man10:
Pau- Gasoft NO MORE
Kobe- Shaq WHO?
PJAX- "I'll smoke a cigar for Red tonight"
kobe35ppg

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:21 pm

It just makes you appreciate how special a player Kobe is and that we are truly watching greatness. I mean how many guys in the NBA right now could score 81 in a game, I just don't see any. Wade's best nights are 40, LeBron gets some 50's I believe, Arenas got 60, but 80 is just out of this world. But yes, to not give up after being down a ton, and to will you team back into a game is just to have something special. A game like this seperates him from the rest of the pack to me, it puts him up there with the greats of old (along with his other accomplishments) because there simply aren't that many players that could do something like this.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Perfecto on Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:35 pm

i was watched the game on tv and i was like :man4: :man4: :man4:

couldnt sleep :jam2:

cant wait for someone to upload the game so i can keep the game
The Perfecto O Damns! Alba l Cuthbert l Beckinsale l Spears
Johansson l Rihanna l Panettiere l Baird l Cassie l Tweedy
Perfecto

Postby Helljumper on Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:10 pm

:bow:
Helljumper