Bryant Becomes Part Of NBA History Scoring 81 Points

Postby DMK on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:01 am

Ice Laker wrote:Wow!! What a player :bow: :bow: :bow:

A certain song with Tina Turner comes to mind......


Simply the....

Yea, that one :mhihi:
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18883
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby Frank The Tank on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:03 am

GuRu wrote:
borri wrote:
GuRu wrote:You set 'em straight Realm :man9:

This must be painful for you. :man10: :man10:


Not naming names....but I've noticed alot of our resident closet anti-snitch-devilers are awfully quiet tonight.... :man12: :man12:


theyve been quiet for weeks. Kobe is averaging 50 for the month and were winning. Its not much fun to eb on this forum when their number 1 priority is to hate on a player, not be a fan of this team.

Here is to hoping they stay away for a long time.

You guys know who you are.
agreed.
User avatar
Frank The Tank

 
Posts: 4811
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:20 pm

Postby High IQ on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:06 am

damn. it's insane. kobe is the greatest in decade. hell he is top5 in nba history. if not the greatest. go kobe. he must get MVP this year. if he will not I'll fly right to the NBA head office and throw a rotten egg to it. I don't give a bleep. :jam2: :jam2:
User avatar
High IQ

 
Posts: 12779
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:05 am
Location: Riga, Latvia

Postby Ice Laker on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:10 am

DMK wrote:
Ice Laker wrote:Wow!! What a player :bow: :bow: :bow:

A certain song with Tina Turner comes to mind......


Simply the....

Yea, that one :mhihi:


I think we should rename the song to "The Kobe Bryant song" :jam2:
User avatar
Ice Laker

 
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 4:07 pm

Postby DMK on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:13 am

Ice Laker wrote:
DMK wrote:
Ice Laker wrote:Wow!! What a player :bow: :bow: :bow:

A certain song with Tina Turner comes to mind......


Simply the....

Yea, that one :mhihi:


I think we should rename the song to "The Kobe Bryant song" :jam2:


Or change the lyrics....

"..Simple the Kobe... better then all the rest"
:man10:

ok , so it doesnt rhyme...but it makes sense no? :mhihi:
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18883
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby KB24 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:14 am

A torronto fan on RealGM summed it up. Sorry it was too funny.

I feel like a coloradoan schoolgirl :man10:
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55531
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby GuRu on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:25 am

Its had a little more time to settle in......

81 points. All by one player in a competitive game. 81 points. Kobe has done 1000 things that have left my mouth agape, but never anything like this. 81 points. We were down 20 at one point, and Kobe singlehandedly won the game for us, no question. 81 points.

You could take every player to every lace 'em up in the history of the NBA. Jerry West, Magic, Michael, Elgin, Dr. J, Larry Bird, Kareem, Chucky Atkins....take the whole lot of 'em, living and dead. Take them all to a basketball court and have them all take a seat on the hardwood.

Youve now got every player to play professional basketball sitting on a court in front of you. You ask all the players who have won a championship ring to stand up.

Youll get quite a few.

Everyone sitting again....then you ask every player who has ever hit game winning shot in the playoffs to stand up.

Youll get some guys, but the numbers will be smaller.

Then ask the guys who have ever won a scoring title to get on their feet.

The group is smaller

Players who have won an NBA MVP award?

Elite

Anyone who ever scored 60?

A handful

Then ask all the players who have ever scored 80 in a single game to stand up.

Two men rise to their feet. Wilt, then Kobe...

wow





Just watching the game and experiencing that was amazing. As Kobe scored more and more in the 2nd half you started to wonder just how high he could go. The announcer was calling out names after each bucket...

Kobe with a turnound J..............bye bye career high

Kobe with another free throw.........cya Shaq

Kobe with a 3!!...............eat my dust Jordan

Kobe with another jumoer..............peace out D-Rob

And another..........see you later Elgin Baylor

Its as if Kobe was just running through an NBA house of legends and knocking over pillar after pillar.

What a game, what a player!

ImageImage
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
User avatar
GuRu
Better Than You
 
Posts: 30127
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:21 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Ice Laker on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:36 am

DMK wrote:
Ice Laker wrote:
DMK wrote:
Ice Laker wrote:Wow!! What a player :bow: :bow: :bow:

A certain song with Tina Turner comes to mind......


Simply the....

Yea, that one :mhihi:


I think we should rename the song to "The Kobe Bryant song" :jam2:


Or change the lyrics....

"..Simple the Kobe... better then all the rest"
:man10:

ok , so it doesnt rhyme...but it makes sense no? :mhihi:



Or..

"Kobe Bryant....better then all the rest.
Better then Lebron James.
Better then everyone etc....."
User avatar
Ice Laker

 
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 4:07 pm

Postby High IQ on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:40 am

excellent post Guru. thanks :jam2:
User avatar
High IQ

 
Posts: 12779
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:05 am
Location: Riga, Latvia

Postby KB24 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:11 am

OK lets play this game

WHAT IF Kobe would have scored 101


I don´t want to even think about it because I can´t think about it. Its flat out insane.

BTW Kobe´s dunk was "a little disappointing". I hoped he goes for a windmill. Not that I want to find something negative but at that point (the energy of the crowd was really high) he would have send Staples to heaven with a windmill. damn
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55531
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby RenePerezz on Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:23 am

DMK wrote:Kobe Bryant - The newest Greatest Show On Earth

Good reads all around.

Cant wait for PTI 2marrow



me either :jam2:

by the way I wore my full length Kobe clothes today and was getting some love but then one guy said that it didnt matter that Kobe scored 81, he was hating on Kobe really bad which ticked me off.
User avatar
RenePerezz

 
Posts: 2310
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:22 pm

Postby High IQ on Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:37 am

KB8@CL wrote:OK lets play this game

WHAT IF Kobe would have scored 101


I don´t want to even think about it because I can´t think about it. Its flat out insane.

BTW Kobe´s dunk was "a little disappointing". I hoped he goes for a windmill. Not that I want to find something negative but at that point (the energy of the crowd was really high) he would have send Staples to heaven with a windmill. damn

if he scored 101, I'm 100% sure that it would take clublakers.com forever to load in 2 weeks. :man1:
User avatar
High IQ

 
Posts: 12779
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:05 am
Location: Riga, Latvia

Postby LakeShow09 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:01 am

missmyzte wrote:Absolute history tonight!
I admit I almost turned the game off in the 3rd, but stuck with it. All of sudden, Kobe was going crazy and the Raptors never seemed to score again. Absolute history.


Yeah I was about to go to bed at halftime (It was almost 11pm here), but I stayed up.. Thank God!!! :jam2:
User avatar
LakeShow09

 
Posts: 10423
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:20 am

Postby dog_attitude on Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:18 am

Jugador Mas Valioso del 2006. That's It...
"CON TEMOR A DIOS, Y SIN MIEDO AL HOMBRE" - Daddy Yankee
User avatar
dog_attitude

 
Posts: 302
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:55 pm
Location: Puerto Rico and Proud of It

Postby The Nugget on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:43 am

dog_attitude wrote:Jugador Mas Valioso del 2006. That's It...

Yo lo creo.
Image
User avatar
The Nugget

 
Posts: 7860
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:35 pm
Location: Southern California

Postby gardog on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:25 pm

valakefan wrote:Meanwhile the other Lakers were wondering why the even bothered suiting up because Kobe was in full ballhog mode tonight.There's no "I" in TEAM but there is a "me."Should be his motto.I love The Lakers but I'm just sick of his ego and ballhogging.


The rest of the team shot less than 30% while Kobe shot 46%. That's not being a ball hog. That's a great player doing what it takes to win the game. You obviously just hate Kobe and don't know much about B-ball
gardog

 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:20 am

Postby gardog on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:25 pm

valakefan wrote:Meanwhile the other Lakers were wondering why the even bothered suiting up because Kobe was in full ballhog mode tonight.There's no "I" in TEAM but there is a "me."Should be his motto.I love The Lakers but I'm just sick of his ego and ballhogging.


The rest of the team shot less than 30% while Kobe shot 46%. That's not being a ball hog. That's a great player doing what it takes to win the game. You obviously just hate Kobe and don't know much about B-ball
gardog

 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:20 am

Postby BIG O on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:34 pm

GuRu- that was one great post. :jam2:
User avatar
BIG O

 
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:35 pm
Location: Emerald City area

Postby gardog on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:41 pm

Zhengi wrote:Kobe only had 2 assists!!!!! What a ballhog!!!!!!!

Kobe is God!!!!!!!


When the rest of the team is shooting 30%, where do you expect the assists to come from?
gardog

 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:20 am

Postby c.Lin on Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:03 pm

gardog wrote:
valakefan wrote:Meanwhile the other Lakers were wondering why the even bothered suiting up because Kobe was in full ballhog mode tonight.There's no "I" in TEAM but there is a "me."Should be his motto.I love The Lakers but I'm just sick of his ego and ballhogging.


The rest of the team shot less than 30% while Kobe shot 46%. That's not being a ball hog. That's a great player doing what it takes to win the game. You obviously just hate Kobe and don't know much about B-ball


Kobe shot 61%. Honestly, I agree. Kobe has a scorers mentality and is often chastised for his shooting. However, last night, his team was getting murdered. He'd had enough and completely took over the game. When your best player catches on the fire of all fires, why not ride him? You'd be stupid not to. Of course, in the long run, the team needs to work together to create consistent play, but having a guy like Kobe on your team gives you the support in knowing that you're never really out of a game.
User avatar
c.Lin

 
Posts: 5249
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: South Bay

Postby High IQ on Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:44 pm

game No 666...
:guru:
User avatar
High IQ

 
Posts: 12779
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:05 am
Location: Riga, Latvia

Postby nameant on Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:20 pm

cant wait to see how all the haters criticize this performance. we know they'll have something to say. woody paige even went so far as to downplay kobe's 81..saying it wasnt the biggest story of the day. that the NFL matchups were. :man10: i dont even get the slightest bit upset at the haters anymore. it's just downright funny. they may not appreciate kobe now...but when it's over they'll understand.....
User avatar
nameant

 
Posts: 25328
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:30 pm

Postby DMK on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:23 pm

High IQ wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:OK lets play this game

WHAT IF Kobe would have scored 101


I don´t want to even think about it because I can´t think about it. Its flat out insane.

BTW Kobe´s dunk was "a little disappointing". I hoped he goes for a windmill. Not that I want to find something negative but at that point (the energy of the crowd was really high) he would have send Staples to heaven with a windmill. damn

if he scored 101, I'm 100% sure that it would take clublakers.com forever to load in 2 weeks. :man1:


Spontanious human combustion releated deaths would occur all over the world... especially in LA,and miami :man10:
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18883
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby TalkieWalkie on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:24 pm

haha...FSN replaying it...I started recording the 2nd half on DVR
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
User avatar
TalkieWalkie

 
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:00 pm
Location: John Celestand's old apartment

Postby BDG on Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:53 pm

Wow, I'm watching the replay and just realized something.

In the 4th quarter, Kobe scored 20 points in a span of under 6 minutes (that's half a quarter, y'all).

At 6:01 to go he had 61 points ... finished with 81 at around 43 seconds remaining. :man4:
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40952
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

PreviousNext

Return to Kobe's 81

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.