Bryant Becomes Part Of NBA History Scoring 81 Points

Postby The Nugget on Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:59 am

GameCockMD wrote:
mvp wrote:What's crazy is if Kobe played 3 or 4 minutes more in the 2nd quarter, and made those threes that he missed toward the end, and didn't get called for that one charging foul (which would've been a three-point play), he would've eclipsed 100 points.

Anyone think 81 points will stand as Kobe's career high?


I hope we never NEED 81 from him again to win a game...

Couldn't had said it better myself. This team looked horrible before Mr. Bryant went insane! However, I wouldn't really rule it out of the picture. :man12:
Image
User avatar
The Nugget

 
Posts: 7860
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:35 pm
Location: Southern California

Postby trbo823 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:01 am

WOW...Simply amazing
LAKERS: We use Division and Conference championship banners as TOILET paper while other teams hangs them from their Rafters.
User avatar
trbo823

 
Posts: 870
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:55 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby GCMD on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:06 am

The Nugget wrote:
GameCockMD wrote:
mvp wrote:What's crazy is if Kobe played 3 or 4 minutes more in the 2nd quarter, and made those threes that he missed toward the end, and didn't get called for that one charging foul (which would've been a three-point play), he would've eclipsed 100 points.

Anyone think 81 points will stand as Kobe's career high?


I hope we never NEED 81 from him again to win a game...

Couldn't had said it better myself. This team looked horrible before Mr. Bryant went insane! However, I wouldn't really rule it out of the picture. :man12:


I wouldn't either but if it does happen, I hope that it is a night that the TEAM can share in it, not just HOPE that Kobe bails them out again...
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

Image
User avatar
GCMD

 
Posts: 11124
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:24 pm

Postby Tactical on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:26 am

Someone asked Dirk Nowitzki if he could top 82. "I don't think that would be good from a team standpoint," Nowitzki said.


Why does Dirk need to be such a hater? Scoring 81 on 61 percent shooting is bad from a team standpoint?

You know what I think is bad from a team standpoint, Dirk? Choking in the playoffs every year.
User avatar
Tactical

 
Posts: 2176
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:32 am
Location: Seattle, Washington

Postby DMK on Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:00 am

Kobe Bryant - The newest Greatest Show On Earth

Good reads all around.

Cant wait for PTI 2marrow
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18873
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby DMK on Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:09 am

Anyone who just watched the beginning of Sportscenter.....

WOW!... if justice can be done to that kobe did tonight... Stuart Scott BRUNG IT!

At one point he said something like "This is FOREVER, like.... thats ever happened" - when kobes name was put between wilts 100 and 73 point games on the top 3 all time list.

Im still in awe.
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18873
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby Realm of Shadows on Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:27 am

LO7 wrote:
Someone asked Dirk Nowitzki if he could top 82. "I don't think that would be good from a team standpoint," Nowitzki said.


Why does Dirk need to be such a hater? Scoring 81 on 61 percent shooting is bad from a team standpoint?

You know what I think is bad from a team standpoint, Dirk? Choking in the playoffs every year.
You're attacking like he said Kobe is too selfish and should have never shot that much. He said from a team (everyone contributes) standpoint its not good. He didn't say Kobe isn't a team player, they asked him about Kobes history DAY. Sheesh, cut the crap with the Dirk hate already.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
732
User avatar
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo
 
Posts: 21776
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:13 pm
Location: USC by way of Los Angeles

Postby KB24 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:40 am

I´m really at loss for words to describe this performence.
You can´t say it. Thats probably the greatest single performence you´ll see IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE so take it for what its worth. In 40 years you can tell that to all the little kids and they will be amazed how blessed you are to see Kobe Bryant, one of the goats
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55502
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby TalkieWalkie on Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:45 am

Image
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
User avatar
TalkieWalkie

 
Posts: 3950
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:00 pm
Location: John Celestand's old apartment

Postby extreme on Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:51 am

I don't know what to say really ...
Image
User avatar
extreme
ClubLakers Rep: Belgium
 
Posts: 3925
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:11 am
Location: Ypres, Belgium

Postby DMK on Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:25 am

January, 22nd 2006. I sat and watched Kobe Bryant pour 81 points into an NBA game in a Los Angeles Lakers Win over the Toronto Raptors.

When i sit down with my children, i will describe Kobe as only someone who has seen him could... much like many tell of wilt... as a myth, as someone who changed the game right before your eyes. There will be a NEW legend in the making then, surely. And my kids will ask me storys of Kobe Bryant... and his 81 point game.

Ill simply tell them that i smiled as big as ive ever smiled, i was as proud as ive ever been proud in a sports competitor... and i seen history with my very own eyes.....
:mhihi:


...Then ill put in the DVD and show them 2nd hand
:man10: :man10:
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18873
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby GuRu on Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:34 am

You set 'em straight Realm :man9:

This must be painful for you. :man10: :man10:
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
User avatar
GuRu
Better Than You
 
Posts: 30127
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:21 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby BDG on Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:39 am

kbnickchiu wrote:http://www.nba.com/features/inside_kobe81.html

We break down Kobe's historic evening
Inside the Numbers: Kobe’s 81

By Rob Peterson

Jan. 22 -- On Sunday, Kobe Bryant, the Lakers' All-Star guard, put up numbers that had been seen once before in NBA history. Only Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point game on March 2, 1962 rates higher than Kobe's 81. So, what does Kobe's barrage look like when you break it down?

Allow us:

1.1 Bryant's scoring average jumped 1.1 points from 34.8 to 35.9.

2 Where Bryant's performance ranks all-time, 19 points behind Wilt's historic 100

5 Times the Lakers have scored 81 points or fewer this season

7 Where Kobe's 35.9 average would rank on the all-time single-season average list

10 Differential between Wilt's field goals and free throws made in his 100-point game vs. Bryant's 81-point game (36 FGs vs. 26 and 28 FTs vs. 18)

11 Kobe's point total against the Raptors on Dec. 7, 2005

12 Points Kobe scored in the second quarter

14 Differential between Kobe's second half output (55) and Toronto's (41)

14 Points Kobe scored in the first quarter

18 The Lakers' largest deficit against the Raptors

18 Free throws Kobe made

27 Points Kobe scored in the third quarter

28 Free throws Wilt made when scoring 100, an NBA-record

28 Points Kobe scored in the fourth quarter

41 Points the Raptors had in the second half

45.5 Bryant's scoring average over the last 10 games

53 Points Bryant had at the end of three quarters, tying Allen Iverson's season high for 2005-06

55 Points Bryant had in the second half, which would be good for the second-highest scoring game of the season.

.571 Wilt's shooting percentage from the field (36 for 63) in his 100-point game

59 Points scored in second half by Wilt during 100-point game, an NBA record

59.2 Percentage of team's points when Wilt scored 100 (the Philadelphia Warriors scored 169)

.608 Bryant's shooting percentage from the field (28 for 46)

66.4 Percentage of Lakers points Bryant scored

71 Former Lakers' single-game record, held by Elgin Baylor

80 Combined points of the Raptors' starters

88 NBA teams to have scored fewer than 81 points this season.

122 Highest Lakers' point total of the season
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40944
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby KB24 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:01 am

Kobe dropped points like they´re hot
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55502
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby GuRu on Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:02 am

KB8@CL wrote:Kobe dropped points like they´re hot


Youre back on the Kobe bandwagon now? :man3:
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
User avatar
GuRu
Better Than You
 
Posts: 30127
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:21 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Camilo on Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:12 am

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS :man4: :man4: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :man4: :man4:
User avatar
Camilo

 
Posts: 692
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:47 am
Location: London Ontario

Postby KB24 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:23 am

I think its safe to say James, T-Mac, AI, Wade, Carter, Arenas are all looking for a big game now...


AI says Kobe is the best in the business

When asked about Kobe's performance AI had this to say "It was an amazing night for Kobe. Just unreal. Like watching a video game. He's the best player in the game.". Asked if he will try to top the performance #3 wasnt so humble "We play Toronto in March. I'm going to go for 100." -Philadelphia Daily News

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55502
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby DMK on Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:34 am

KB8@CL wrote:I think its safe to say James, T-Mac, AI, Wade, Carter, Arenas are all looking for a big game now...


AI says Kobe is the best in the business

When asked about Kobe's performance AI had this to say "It was an amazing night for Kobe. Just unreal. Like watching a video game. He's the best player in the game.". Asked if he will try to top the performance #3 wasnt so humble "We play Toronto in March. I'm going to go for 100." -Philadelphia Daily News

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:


Allen just being allen... the same guy who tried to duplicate kobe when kobe dropped 62... AI scored 53...against the hawks....AND LOST

Good luck AI... TOP THAT! ... haha oh and say goodnight to the scoring title... u beat out kobe pretty easy last season... this year... ehh, good luck. :mhihi:
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18873
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby KB24 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:37 am

DMK wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:I think its safe to say James, T-Mac, AI, Wade, Carter, Arenas are all looking for a big game now...


AI says Kobe is the best in the business

When asked about Kobe's performance AI had this to say "It was an amazing night for Kobe. Just unreal. Like watching a video game. He's the best player in the game.". Asked if he will try to top the performance #3 wasnt so humble "We play Toronto in March. I'm going to go for 100." -Philadelphia Daily News

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:


Allen just being allen... the same guy who tried to duplicate kobe when kobe dropped 62... AI scored 53...against the hawks....AND LOST

Good luck AI... TOP THAT! ... haha oh and say goodnight to the scoring title... u beat out kobe pretty easy last season... this year... ehh, good luck. :mhihi:

:man10:

for the first time I feel that I do not have to worry anyone beating Kobe´s carrier high or even getting too close to it.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55502
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby borri on Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:40 am

GuRu wrote:You set 'em straight Realm :man9:

This must be painful for you. :man10: :man10:


Not naming names....but I've noticed alot of our resident closet anti-snitch-devilers are awfully quiet tonight.... :man12: :man12:
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8027
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Postby DMK on Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:48 am

KB8@CL wrote:
DMK wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:I think its safe to say James, T-Mac, AI, Wade, Carter, Arenas are all looking for a big game now...


AI says Kobe is the best in the business

When asked about Kobe's performance AI had this to say "It was an amazing night for Kobe. Just unreal. Like watching a video game. He's the best player in the game.". Asked if he will try to top the performance #3 wasnt so humble "We play Toronto in March. I'm going to go for 100." -Philadelphia Daily News

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:


Allen just being allen... the same guy who tried to duplicate kobe when kobe dropped 62... AI scored 53...against the hawks....AND LOST

Good luck AI... TOP THAT! ... haha oh and say goodnight to the scoring title... u beat out kobe pretty easy last season... this year... ehh, good luck. :mhihi:

:man10:

for the first time I feel that I do not have to worry anyone beating Kobe´s carrier high or even getting too close to it.


lol nope... but iverson was probley being dead serious.... he will try to score as much as possible, it means that much to him :man10:
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18873
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby GuRu on Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:53 am

borri wrote:
GuRu wrote:You set 'em straight Realm :man9:

This must be painful for you. :man10: :man10:


Not naming names....but I've noticed alot of our resident closet anti-snitch-devilers are awfully quiet tonight.... :man12: :man12:


theyve been quiet for weeks. Kobe is averaging 50 for the month and were winning. Its not much fun to eb on this forum when their number 1 priority is to hate on a player, not be a fan of this team.

Here is to hoping they stay away for a long time.

You guys know who you are.
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
User avatar
GuRu
Better Than You
 
Posts: 30127
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:21 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Ice Laker on Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:56 am

Wow!! What a player :bow: :bow: :bow:

A certain song with Tina Turner comes to mind......
User avatar
Ice Laker

 
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 4:07 pm

Postby DMK on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:01 am

Ice Laker wrote:Wow!! What a player :bow: :bow: :bow:

A certain song with Tina Turner comes to mind......


Simply the....

Yea, that one :mhihi:
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18873
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby Frank The Tank on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:03 am

GuRu wrote:
borri wrote:
GuRu wrote:You set 'em straight Realm :man9:

This must be painful for you. :man10: :man10:


Not naming names....but I've noticed alot of our resident closet anti-snitch-devilers are awfully quiet tonight.... :man12: :man12:


theyve been quiet for weeks. Kobe is averaging 50 for the month and were winning. Its not much fun to eb on this forum when their number 1 priority is to hate on a player, not be a fan of this team.

Here is to hoping they stay away for a long time.

You guys know who you are.
agreed.
User avatar
Frank The Tank

 
Posts: 4755
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Kobe's 81

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.