David Thompson hating on Kobe?!?

David Thompson hating on Kobe?!?

Postby KobegirL on Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:25 pm

Is Mr. Thompson kind of hating on Kobe or mad at him for breaking his 73 point record by saying this:

"I think my game was better," Thompson said in a telephone interview Monday. "I shot a way better percentage than (Bryant) did.

"I didn't have three-pointers and I was playing against better defenders."

I mean even if it does have some truth to it, Why even say it? To me it's like a little kid telling his brother "my toy is better than yours :man13: " lol But whatever maybe it's just me.
Oh but he did try to clean it up by saying:
"Kobe's a great player . . . ," Thompson said. "For Kobe, a guy who's in a position to go for it, it was a great performance."[quote]

What do you guys think?
**~**KB8~ THA BADDEST 2 EVER PLAY THA GAME**~**
KobegirL

Postby banks38 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:41 pm

Honestly, i dont really care because he actually played the game and had a game similar to Kobe. It would be different if it was some geek in an office writing the article, who had never played sports. However, it was someone who actually put up a huge number(73) as well, so im not going to call him a hater or anything. Its his opinion and hes entitled to it. So honestly, i dont really care what anyone says about Kobe because their opinions are just that.
banks38

Postby KobegirL on Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:58 pm

Yeah, i understand what u mean, eveyone is entitled to their opinion. I guess i just hate to see people try to justify or explain why Kobe isn't as great or isn't as legendary (as who ever) I mean, just let the numbers speak for themselves.....Thompson is now THIRD in most pts in a game and MJ is no longer the greatest human scoring machine! They need to just face it :jam2:
**~**KB8~ THA BADDEST 2 EVER PLAY THA GAME**~**
KobegirL

Postby banks38 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:24 pm

However, i do see your point how it can get old how Kobe does get so much negative press. Even though he isnt a media darling, it still is hard for me to fathom downplaying 81 points. Like Vincey Wincey Carter saying how its bad for kids to score 81 points...ya because it is so much better to quit on your team :bang:
banks38

Postby MitchKupcrap on Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:49 am

Only hardcore NBA junkies and historians even know who Thompson is. Ask the general NBA fan and they'll have no clue. Kobe will always be mentioned with the all-times greats and Thompson will just be a footnote in the record books.
MitchKupcrap

Return to Kobe's 81