DETROIT NEWS: 'MVP? Bryant, hands down'

DETROIT NEWS: 'MVP? Bryant, hands down'

Postby d.James on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:06 pm

Chris McCoskey, Beat Writer for Detroit Pistons wrote:Chauncey Billups may be driving the best team in basketball, but the best player in basketball is undeniably Kobe Bryant. And last I checked, the MVP was an individual award.

There just aren't enough words to adequately describe what this guy is doing. The numbers speak fairly loudly, though. Start with his 81-point performance Sunday. I watched in awe as Tracy McGrady rang up 43 on the Pistons, despite some pretty heavy pressure. I cannot fathom what 81 points must've looked like.

MVP? Bryant, hands down

Hi, my name is d.James and I'm a recovering Kobe Bryant Hater. :man12:
With expectation comes responsibility. Respect is earned. When opportunity arises, preparation will calm nerves, inspire confidence, and help you to realize the moment. Where there is failure is a blueprint of how to improve. To fail to learn, even with talent, makes you ordinary. To learn from all experiences is to learn to become the best.
www.facebook.com/loudaboutbasketball
d.James
Clublakers Rep: Pistons

Postby d.James on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:20 pm

More goodies from the Detroit News:

Kobe, Kobe, Kobe

"Phenomenal, amazing," Saunders said about Kobe Bryant 's 81-point outburst against Toronto. "I told our guys yesterday against Tracy that on the bench I was going crazy trying to hold him to 43. And yet Kobe gets twice that."

"You will never see my 80," Billups said. "I'm not in that kind of shape to score that much. When I had 56 (in High School), my shoulder was so tired I had to ice that thing down. It takes so much energy to score those kinds of points.

"Think about it, you're not making every single shot. There's lots of trips you miss and still got to play defense. No way I could do that."

"I can't imagine getting up 40-something shots," Dale Davis said

Kobe, Kobe, Kobe
With expectation comes responsibility. Respect is earned. When opportunity arises, preparation will calm nerves, inspire confidence, and help you to realize the moment. Where there is failure is a blueprint of how to improve. To fail to learn, even with talent, makes you ordinary. To learn from all experiences is to learn to become the best.
www.facebook.com/loudaboutbasketball
d.James
Clublakers Rep: Pistons

Re: DETROIT NEWS: 'MVP? Bryant, hands down'

Postby nameant on Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:00 am

d.James wrote:Hi, my name is d.James and I'm a recovering Kobe Bryant Hater. :man12:

:mhihi:
nameant

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:24 am

Thanks for nice finds, it's great to read good things about Kobe from other cities.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Return to Kobe's 81