ESPN.COM "EXPERTS" REACTION

ESPN.COM "EXPERTS" REACTION

Postby japanezehomeless on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:37 am

my first post but im daily checkin out this great site...anyways i hope no one has posted this but i came across it from espn...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime ... ime-060124

its sad that people like legler can never give kobe the credit he deserves.
japanezehomeless

Postby nameant on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:42 am

haha wow. tim legler is pathetic. this guy might've scored 81 points in his entire career. seriously, does he think what he says means something? :mhihi: all i can do is laugh. :mhihi:
nameant

Postby SKKG on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:46 am

The fact that we're even seriously entertaining the possibility of scoring 100 is just mind-boggling. I guess this does prove that Kobe is the greatest scorer in the history of the game.

Now This is the Real Charlie's Angels!!!
Brother God, You Are Truly Blessed!
SKKG

Postby nameant on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:48 am

Bucher: He's carrying the team to the playoffs, where they have no business being based on the talent they have. He's setting a standard of excellence and effort that if Lamar Odom and Kwame Brown get anywhere close to matching, they will be immensely better players for it.

very well said. :bow:
nameant

Postby Showtime is Magic on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:48 am

nameant wrote:haha wow. tim legler is pathetic. this guy might've scored 81 points in his entire career. seriously, does he think what he says means something? :mhihi: all i can do is laugh. :mhihi:

what a hater. He is funny yet so stupid. :mhihi: Oh yeah and he has 2,182 points in his whole career. NOW Kobe has 1,402 which would mean is on track to reach Tim's career total THIS YEAR :man10:
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby BDG on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:50 am

Anthony and Bucher were the only guys who were spot on there.

Ric Bucher wrote:A selfish player is someone who pursues his own glory at the expense of everything else, including winning. I've never known Kobe to do that. Ever.

Great quote.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JJigga3000 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:52 am

The difference in Kobe and MJ is they are two different People. People in a few years will be comparing the new rooks to Kobe. IT's funny how one guy said if it was anybody it would be Lebron. Yet Lebron has yet to win a Playoff series. When I read those comments I see how Kobe has a lot of work to do, to repair his image. Funny Jordan stiffed some women he had an affair with, yet no one says anything about it. Kobe is falsly accused of Rape, vindicated yet people still wanna call him a rapist and not let it go. The NBA truly does have it's favorites.
JJigga3000

Postby KB24 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:21 am

nameant wrote:
Bucher: He's carrying the team to the playoffs, where they have no business being based on the talent they have. He's setting a standard of excellence and effort that if Lamar Odom and Kwame Brown get anywhere close to matching, they will be immensely better players for it.

very well said. :bow:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby KB24 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:21 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Anthony and Bucher were the only guys who were spot on there.

Ric Bucher wrote:A selfish player is someone who pursues his own glory at the expense of everything else, including winning. I've never known Kobe to do that. Ever.

Great quote.
:bow:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby borri on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:29 am

One appalling difference between MJ and Kobe is that MJ NEVER EVER was criticized for taking a god awful amount of shots in his career. While Kobe is constantly and consistently burdened with this stigma.

Frankly I just don't get how these "so-called" experts (besides Anthony and Bucher) fail to admit that our current roster is not exactly a blue-print for success in the NBA.

I guess it's just easier to toe the BSPN company line than to actually think INTELLIGENTLY about what you are about to say.......something Leglar is absolutely incapable of doing as he is just to damn blinded by his daily bottles of HATERADE.
borri

Postby BDG on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:51 am

Ah by the way, welcome to CL.

:beer:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Return to Kobe's 81