Happy Birthday 81 ;)

Happy Birthday 81 ;)

Postby KB24 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:31 am

In exactly ONE WEEK we are celebrating another year of Kobe's amazing performance.

Will the NBA ever witness another performance on this level?

81 points in 39 minutes on 28/46 shooting? 7/13 from downtown?
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Re: Happy Birthday 81 ;)

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:49 pm

Honestly, we won't. People can argue this was better than Wilt's 100, because Kobe isn't a dominant post player. He was shooting jump shots and shot less free throws. And plus, in 39 minutes?!
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
User avatar
Heavier Than Heaven

 
Posts: 8013
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:51 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta CANADA

Re: Happy Birthday 81 ;)

Postby KB24 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:06 pm

^ya Kobe played only 39 minutes in that game.

BTW I also think its better than Wilts 100.

1. The pace was MUCH higher at that time
2. Wilt took 63 shots to get to 100 points.
3. His team was leading through out the game and the only goal was to get him his 100 while he plays against players 5 inches shorter than him.

Kobe had to do this in THIS era, the defensive schemes are a lot more advanced, the scouting reports are as detailed as humanly possible etc...in a much slower pace that is. Kobe's 81 IS IMO the greatest performance of all times.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Re: Happy Birthday 81 ;)

Postby DarthRekal on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:19 pm

KB24 wrote:^ya Kobe played only 39 minutes in that game.

BTW I also think its better than Wilts 100.

1. The pace was MUCH higher at that time
2. Wilt took 63 shots to get to 100 points.
3. His team was leading through out the game and the only goal was to get him his 100 while he plays against players 5 inches shorter than him.

Kobe had to do this in THIS era, the defensive schemes are a lot more advanced, the scouting reports are as detailed as humanly possible etc...in a much slower pace that is. Kobe's 81 IS IMO the greatest performance of all times.

agreed just wana play devils advocate.. and say Wilt COULDNT create his own shots like Kobe could.. and there werent rules to PROTECT shooters (hand checking etc), also NO 3ptrs..


its hard to compare if you havent WITNESSED both but for our sake i say this one only cause i saw it.. :man10:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
User avatar
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster
 
Posts: 21607
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:44 pm
Location: In The Refridgerator

Re: Happy Birthday 81 ;)

Postby LOAllStar2011 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:28 pm

Heavier Than Heaven wrote:Honestly, we won't. People can argue this was better than Wilt's 100, because Kobe isn't a dominant post player. He was shooting jump shots and shot less free throws. And plus, in 39 minutes?!


Kobe is actually a pretty dominant post player at least for a guard, nonetheless both Wilt and Kobe's performances were historically great. I didn't get to see Wilt play so it's unfair for me to say who's performance was better.
LOAllStar2011

 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:03 am

Re: Happy Birthday 81 ;)

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:48 pm

KB24 wrote:Will the NBA ever witness another performance on this level?


I won't say never because I believe anything is possible, but I think it's going to be many years before we see another performance like the one Kobe put on when he scored 81. I certainly don't see anyone who's currently playing who can do what Kobe did that historic night.
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

Image
User avatar
mamatheregoesthatman

 
Posts: 7812
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:47 pm


Return to Kobe's 81

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.