Kobe interview @ 81 on ABC

Kobe interview @ 81 on ABC

Postby Cleansed on Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:47 pm

Posted by CMONKEE over at Lakersground (credit to him)

Bibby : [when I heard]Kobe has 81 tonight, I was like "In a video game?"

J-Oneal : 53.. i said he's gonna have 80...hope he breaks 100, he deserves more credit

Dave Thompson: I was pretty amazing, my daughter called me in the morning and said "dad, kobe just passed your 73". i was a 'lil dissapointmented, but after he scored that 62 in 3 i knew it could be done

Jack Ramsey [Wilt's vs. Kobe's] It approaches it, but it doesn't equal it; there's only a couple teams avg. 100 pts . I don't often get surprised at what Kobe does, but that did make me raise my eyebrows

JA Adande:
...the important thing is that they're winning these games... it'd be different if it was a loss, but he's doing it in the context of winning these games... MJ's 63 is one of the most revered games but they lost in that game.

Carter quote... (kids, etc.)

Dave [relating to Carter quote] I don't think there's anything wrong scoring 81 pts in a winning performance; but [you can't look to put up stats in losing games?]

Ramsay A little surprised (that such high scoring is happening under Jackson), but Michael played for Phil, and the Tri is flexible enough for [high scoring]

JA Adande [on media responses to Kobe] (Kobe's)Still getting criticism, but lets forget about past and enjoy performances we're seeing this season

Pippen: Wow. Its amazing to sit back now after so much time has expired and see what people are still saying... its hard to compare what he's done w/ any other player.
[Kobe & MJ] we're looking at 2 different players, 2 different eras of the ballgame, going to have to say this performance is the single best performance in the history of the game(?).
jordan time - game was more physical, a 'lil tougher, big guys can toch you; we're seeing a different game; there's no comparison.
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby KB24 on Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:11 pm

thnx. :jam2:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Showtime is Magic on Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:58 pm

I was pretty amazing, my daughter called me in the morning and said "dad, kobe just passed your 73". i was a 'lil dissapointmented, but after he scored that 62 in 3 i knew it could be done

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:14 pm

Showtime is Magic wrote:
I was pretty amazing, my daughter called me in the morning and said "dad, kobe just passed your 73". i was a 'lil dissapointmented, but after he scored that 62 in 3 i knew it could be done

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
:man10: :man10: :jam2:
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby DMK on Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:48 am

Good post man :jam2:

I like bibby's comment and DThomps also.. haha one day Natalia will say to the kobster..."hey daddy, lebron just did -so and so over your record" and then kobe will show her his 7 championship rings

:mhihi:

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Return to Kobe's 81