Kobe's "Offensive Line"...

Kobe's "Offensive Line"...

Postby GCMD on Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:27 pm

I think that what's getting lost in all of the Kobe hoopla is that Mihm and Kwame HAVE been setting pretty decent picks...they are REALLY learning how to get and KEEP Kobe open...

Granted, Kobe could probably take on 3 defenders and still score but to do so would take an ENORMOUS amount of energy from him and he would not be a very efficient scorer...

Not to mention, Kwame had a VERY good rebounding game last night...I think he had like 10 rebs in the first HALF! He's definitely starting to compensate for his "midget" hands...

Mihm has shown to he can score in the post pretty efficiently, currently at 51.5%! Not bad for a softy!!!

How about some love for Kobe's "Offensive Line"? They aren't the best out there but they aren't steaming piles of dung either...
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

GCMD

Postby AussieLakerFan on Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:32 pm

:bow:
AussieLakerFan

Postby lakaboy42 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:45 pm

that postgame interview was awesome
Out
Shaquille O'neal

In
Lamar Odom
Jordan Farmar
Pau Gasol
lakaboy42

Postby JSM on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:56 pm

yeah, they are a good offensive line, but just like a real line...they can't catch. If that was their only responsibility--to block for Kobe--I'd be thrilled with them. But they need consistency on offense and a slew of other things.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby GCMD on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:57 pm

jsm0331 wrote:yeah, they are a good offensive line, but just like a real line...they can't catch. If that was their only responsibility--to block for Kobe--I'd be thrilled with them. But they need consistency on offense and a slew of other things.

No denying that...

Kobe needs to have room to operate...the easier shots Kobe can take, the more the D has to concentrate on him...that leads to forgetting all about Mihm and Kwame...

So in a sense, Kobe could make his teammates better scorers by scoring more himself...
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

GCMD

Return to Kobe's 81