T-Mac on Kobe's 81-Point eruption.

T-Mac on Kobe's 81-Point eruption.

Postby RJ on Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:32 pm

With the NBA buzzing about Kobe Bryant's 81 points on Sunday, Rockets forward Tracy McGrady was at first speechless and then could not say enough about what Bryant did.

"I'm still in awe of what that kid did," said McGrady, whose 62 points against the Wizards in 2004 had been tied with Bryant's 62 against the Mavericks for the most in a game by a current NBA player. "It was just a hell of a performance for him to shoot the ball only 46 times to score 81 points. But not just to be able to shoot it 46 times, but to shoot it 46 times and hit well over 50 percent. There are nights I'm in the 30s of shots taken and I've been fatigued. To take 46 and 20 free throws and end up with 81 points, I didn't believe it.

"We were on the bus and Luther ( Head) yelled out, 'Kobe's got 70-something and there's four minutes left.' I said, 'Luther, stop lying.' I hurried up and got my key and went to my room and called one of my boys to put on the game and Kobe was at the free throw line with 79 points. I said, 'Are you serious?' I don't think I could score that many in a video game."

McGrady said he was amazed at Bryant's stamina and the Raptors' lack of adjustments.

"I talked to Mike ( James) after the game," McGrady said. "He said they didn't double team him — not one time. You would think after he hit 40, send two or three guys at him. When he hit 50? When he got 70? What are you doing: playing him one-on-one?"

:man12: :man1:
[PSN ID: RJN]

{CLK} One team. One Clan.
RJ, No Scope, Nissan, CrazyLikeCatfish, LD2K, Helljumper, TXLAKERFAN
PM me to join.
RJ

Re: T-Mac on Kobe's 81-Point eruption.

Postby Lakers4Eva on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:13 pm

'Kobe's got 70-something and there's four minutes left.' I said, 'Luther, stop lying.'

:man10: @ the stop lying luther
"No need to act a fool in public
'Cause when you, ego trip you just lose your luggage"

Phonte (of Little Brother)
Lakers4Eva

Postby Lakerfan36 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:15 pm

:bow:
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby DarthRekal on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:20 pm

:jam2: ...tmac playing as kobe in a video game

LUTHER ...STOP LYING! :man10:
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby Little_Duck on Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:43 pm

Wow, it's funny how TMac praises Kobe for taking 46 shots and how it's so remarkable of what he did, and Vince bashes him for doing that.
Little_Duck

Postby MixtapeLive on Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:51 pm

dude they did double team him...i saw it with my own eyess
PROUD TO BE LEBANESE
MixtapeLive

Postby HighFlyAct on Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:48 am

DarthRekal wrote::jam2: ...tmac playing as kobe in a video game

Heh, I also don't think I can get 81 points with Kobe in NBA Live 06. Unreal.

MixtapeLive wrote:dude they did double team him...i saw it with my own eyess

Yeah, I saw double, tripled team, and box in one. They even grabbed his jersey (it was obvious) and didn't stop him.
HighFlyAct

Postby KobegirL on Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:51 pm

Little_Duck wrote:Wow, it's funny how TMac praises Kobe for taking 46 shots and how it's so remarkable of what he did, and Vince bashes him for doing that.

Beacuse TMac is a far more classier guy than vince Plus he is another superstar who has to take 20-30 shots for his team to win so he knows how tireing it can be. And to me he is the closest player in the league right now to Kobe, Vince is a good player but he's a guy who cant lead a team i mean his best year is under JKidd and beside Richard Jefferson. He's not gonna be a hall of famer so who cares what he thinks its just JEALOUSY & ENVY!!! Add Him to the List too lol
**~**KB8~ THA BADDEST 2 EVER PLAY THA GAME**~**
KobegirL

Return to Kobe's 81