Mavericks Responses To Kobes 81

Mavericks Responses To Kobes 81

Postby Mastermixer8 on Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:11 am

Mavs React To Kobe's Big Night
When news of Kobe Bryant's 81 against the Raptors spread through the Rose Garden's visiting locker room, the Mavericks' relief over outlasting the Blazers in overtime was replaced by amazement at Bryant's feat.

Amazement, but by no means shock.

That's because the Mavs saw Kobe score 62 on them just a month ago in 33 minutes of a 112-90 Lakers' rout. Mavs guard Darrell Armstrong stabbed his finger at a partial box score showing Kobe had 41 midway through the third quarter against Toronto.

"Imagine if our game had been close," Armstrong said, suggesting that had Bryant not sat the entire fourth quarter he might've had more than 81 that night.

More than anything, the Mavs were simply curious how Kobe put together the second highest scoring effort in NBA history, eclipsing all except Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point game for Philadelphia against the Knicks in 1962. Only coach Avery Johnson showed more interest in the Sonics' 152-149 double overtime win over the Suns, perhaps because the Mavs play in Seattle on Thursday. But while Johnson marveled at the Sonics winning despite only 40 points in the paint and Luke Ridnour getting 30, the rest of the team looked to dissect Bryant's performance.

"How many times did he get to the line?" asked Jerry Stackhouse (a relatively modest 18-of-20).

"How many assists?" asked Keith Van Horn. "He didn't have any against us" (two assists, three turnovers).

"He took 47 shots?" asked Devin Harris (actually, 46, making 28).

Someone asked Dirk Nowitzki if he could top 82. "I don't think that would be good from a team standpoint," Nowitzki said.

Stackhouse finished buttoning his shirt and shook his head in pure admiration. "You'd think the Super Bowl would lead 'SportsCenter' tonight," he said. "But you know it won't. It can't. Kobe will. He has to."

-- Ric Bucher in Portland
Mastermixer8

Postby Lakerfan36 on Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:31 am

i love how players act like if they shoot that much they can get 80 :man10:
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby NawlinsLakerFan on Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:49 am

:man10: :man10:

It's funny how the Mavs act like they're off the hook since Kobe scored his 80+ against another team. :man10:
NawlinsLakerFan

Postby mrand on Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:11 am

it's really embarassing what some players say about kobe's performance. we were way down at halftime and no player, really no player, showed any sign of scoring abilities. it was necessary to take over, it wasn't a blowout... how can you critzize somebody, who started a comeback by getting the momentum back just by being aggressive and scoring efficient... pure jealousy
mrand
Contributing Member

Postby KobegirL on Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:26 pm

mrand wrote:it's really embarassing what some players say about kobe's performance. we were way down at halftime and no player, really no player, showed any sign of scoring abilities. it was necessary to take over, it wasn't a blowout... how can you critzize somebody, who started a comeback by getting the momentum back just by being aggressive and scoring efficient... pure jealousy

Exactly Pure Jealousy! Ha Ha :man13: lol But really it is, because none of them have the will, determination, courage, or explosive talant to do what he did on January 22, 2006!!!
**~**KB8~ THA BADDEST 2 EVER PLAY THA GAME**~**
KobegirL

Postby LakersChamps04 on Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:59 pm

please, you know better. Never dance around the curing filter. We have it here for a reason. thanks

KB8@CL edited this post.
LakersChamps04

Postby magicmoment on Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:32 pm

Dirk's jealous... :mhihi:

he even said himself that the last game vs. the Mavs, Kobe scored 62, he was embarrassed..
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby koberulz275 on Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:02 pm

Whats stupid is that if jordan had scored 81, no one would have said "its not good for the team" and "he shoots too many shots". He would have been heralded as the greatest of all time (which he is).

People seriously just need to give this guy some props, that wasnt easy, although he made it look easy.
Let it Be
koberulz275

Postby KB24 on Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:15 am

in 2 weeks we play them again on the road. thanks my fellow mavericks to motivate Kobe to keep his average of 53 points a game this year against you.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby extreme on Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:03 pm

magicmoment wrote:Dirk's jealous... :mhihi:

he even said himself that the last game vs. the Mavs, Kobe scored 62, he was embarrassed..
:man10: :jam2:
extreme
ClubLakers Rep: Belgium

Postby polypro127 on Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:46 pm

LakersChamps04 wrote: :disagree:

Thats right! European this!
"I don't know how to put this... but, I'm kind of a big deal... people know me... I'm very important... I have many leather-bound books... and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."
polypro127

Postby kwamejoke on Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:10 am

we may face mavs in playoff. :man10:
Mitch is the General Murder of lakers.

Caron > kwame BUT caron + chucky < kwame !
kwamejoke

Postby KB24 on Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:08 am

kwamejoke wrote:we may face mavs in playoff. :man10:

If there is any contender the Lakers can manhandle its the Mavericks. I would actually think we would be favorites against them.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Return to Kobe's 81