Play-by-play announcement

Play-by-play announcement

Postby KB24 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:52 am

Am I the only guy who was disappointed by Joel´s replacement? Damn :mad1:
He killed the game IMO. He has no emotions or he doesn´t make you like he has. I´m sure Joel (as annoyingas some think he is) would AT LEAST start screaming and making some great emotional compliments. The guy at 79 points acts like Kobe just hit the 15 point mark :bang:
I´m really pissed at this play-by-play announcement. Neither Stu did anything special to make this game look special. I mean I know you are speechless but they didn´t get loud. The most I heared was "yes sir" or "Kobe hits it again"....WTF

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby KB24 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:54 am

Chick where are you? :man6: :man6: :man6:

This new moron will now go down as the commentator of this game with a terrible performence.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby epak on Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:01 am

Eh. Who cares who the announcer was. I was busy watching Kobe and listening to the fans chant MVP.

Btw, if chick were there, u'd here:

Chick: "Smash Parker passes to Carlos Brown. Back out to Kobe who swings it to Slava Vujacic. Back to Kobe for a 20 foot jumper... good! That's 76 points for Kobe Bryant."

Stu: "Number Eight!"

Chick: "Shut up, Stu, I'm talking... Ko-------be. Woe. This game is in the refrigerator. The lights out, the jello's jiggling. The butter's getting hard, and Kobe is the all-time highest game scorer in Lakers history."

Stu: "The dagger!"

Chick: "Marge, unplug the phone, the whole world is going to talk about this performance..."

Jerry West:
"You give the same amount of shots to everybody else and they're not making that many, I know it. Players are jealous of greatness. Kobe is a unique talent and a unique person." (after Kobe's 81 points)
epak

Postby RenePerezz on Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:52 am

Bill McDonald? he sounded alot like Joel anyway. I liked him.
RenePerezz

Postby borri on Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:56 am

epak wrote:Eh. Who cares who the announcer was. I was busy watching Kobe and listening to the fans chant MVP.

Chick: "Smash Parker passes to Carlos Brown. Back out to Kobe who swings it to Slava Vujacic. Back to Kobe for a 20 foot jumper... good! That's 76 points for Kobe Bryant."

Chick: "Shut up, Stu, I'm talking... Ko-------be. Woe. This game is in the refrigerator. The lights out, the jello's jiggling. The butter's getting hard, and Kobe is the all-time highest game scorer in Lakers history."

Chick: "Marge, unplug the phone, the whole world is going to talk about this performance..."

HAHAHAHA GREAT STUFF THERE MAN!!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

God how i miss Chick butchering player's names!!!!!....Smash Parker, Carlos Brown, Slava Vujacic...CLASSIC!!!!
borri

Postby ki1983ng on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:01 am

it might be jus me but i miss paul's loud voice in those situations
ki1983ng

Postby KB24 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:03 am

ki1983ng wrote:it might be jus me but i miss paul's loud voice in those situations
:man10: :bow:
ya really that Billy boy was screaming "yes" and it sounded like he is crying or immitating his grandma. WTF
We needed someone with energy. Stu and Billy Boy have no energy.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby UGOTOWN3D on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:19 am

Actually the announcers for the Raptors sounded more excited than I expected.

"Folks , I hope you're recording this ..... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????"
UGOTOWN3D

Postby KB24 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:20 am

UGOTOWN3D wrote:Actually the announcers for the Raptors sounded more excited than I expected.

:bow: I saw the game with Raptors announcement and the guy said are you kidding me AT LEAST 3-4 times in a row. They looked more excited than our own guys.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby ki1983ng on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:21 am

UGOTOWN3D wrote:Actually the announcers for the Raptors sounded more excited than I expected.

was it the guy who always says,i mean shouts, 'that was SICK,WICKED AND NASTY!'....for almost every dunk etc
ki1983ng

Postby gill on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:54 am

C'mon now. It couldn't be worse than the Canadian announcers we had in our broadcast. They were all over Steve Nash's jock saying how he should stay as the reigning MVP since they are still winning without Amare (I'm pretty sure Shawn Marion has had a huge hand in that as well). When Kobe exploded for 60 and then onto 81, all they had was praises.
gill

Postby jimbo327 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:44 pm

It was hilarious listening to the Toronto announcer in retrospect.

Here's something they said in the first half: "I don't care if Kobe scores 66, as long as Toronto gets the W"

I find that quite funny. I didn't know the game that I downloaded was the Toronto broadcast.

And they kept repeating: " Are you kidding me???"

hahahaha
jimbo327

Postby Frank The Tank on Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:02 am

Just for the record it is not Stu's job to scream and yell like a maniac. Its his job to give perspective and analysis. That being said, you are right about Billt Mac. The dude was dull. He is really more of a baseball guy and it shows. The thing that has me stumped is why Joel has been missing games lately? Does anyone know what is going on? It seems like they are looking for a replacement or somthing. :man3:
Frank The Tank

Postby Kobe2006mvp on Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:05 am

Joel said last wk that the toronto game was the last one he is missing due to the football playoffs. Thank god we have him back for the rest of the season. Those last 3 announcers were horrible.
Kobe2006mvp

Postby hdtvset on Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:24 am

epak wrote:Eh. Who cares who the announcer was. I was busy watching Kobe and listening to the fans chant MVP.

I feel so bad that Chick missed this game. :cry:
hdtvset

Return to Kobe's 81