Is 81 points dangerous for this team long term?

Is 81 points dangerous for this team long term?

Postby Savory Griddles on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:26 am

I was thinking last night, Kobe has to do this type of stuff. It's either he takes shots at a 60% clip like he was shooting tonight or he passes to Kwame or Sasha. But what happens when the Lakers get that seond option, whoever it may be? Will Kobe have the "go it alone" mindset so entrenched in his mind that he won't be able to snap out of it?

I am not trying to be a downer. Tonight's performance was nothing short of amazing, but these types of games are now becoming commonplace with him and that may not be a good thing in the long run. If Kobe doesn't get some help soon and he has to continue pulling games like this out of his butt, will it adversely affect his outlook on the game?
Savory Griddles

Postby BlingDynasty on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:34 am

Kobe has already proven he's about winning. Put another scorer next to him and Kobe will get him the ball.
BlingDynasty

Postby UKUGA on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:53 am

Was scoring 62 in three quarters dangerous for the team long-term?

IMO, it was not.

Same for 81.
UKUGA

Postby UGOTOWN3D on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:02 am

Not as dangerous as Lamar's 8 points.
UGOTOWN3D

Postby Klewfish on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:02 am

You notice in the aftergame interviews all he said was, "all i really cared about was the W", i would have been sick as a dog if we lost this game. All he cares about is winning, not personal statistics. On the other hand his view of winning is with him carrying the full load of a majority of the shots. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I think he is all about the winning, and would gladly incorporate a worthy #2 option
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby Startrex on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:05 am

UGOTOWN3D wrote:Not as dangerous as Lamar's 8 points.

:man9: :man9: :man9:

Post of the day!!
Purple and 24K Gold
Startrex

Postby b8 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:08 am

if kobe doesn't get some real teammates then he will have to score 80+ per game to win.
b8

Postby Savory Griddles on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:29 am

I don't think you're understanding my post. I'm saying for the long term. Like next season, let's say we trade for KG. Not saying we will. I know we won't. Just an example. Will Kobe be so used to going it alone, that when help does arrive he won't know how to use it? You can say he'll welcom it or he'll adjust, but it's not going to be that easy IMO. It's like when you live alone and then you get married. There's a huge adjustment period. Some never get adjusted because they did it their way and were able to be successful doing so for so long.
Savory Griddles

Postby venturalakersfan on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:33 am

UKUGA wrote:Was scoring 62 in three quarters dangerous for the team long-term?

IMO, it was not.

Same for 81.

I don't think you can consider a few weeks long term, so the effects can't be known at this time. The only adverse effect I can think of would be a potential FA not wanting to sign because he might not get his touches.
"Just to be safe, 5% of Americans bring their passports when traveling to New Mexico."
- David Letterman
venturalakersfan

Postby Senator Kobe on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:36 am

So what? It's not like we are going to win a championship with the current roster...

Just let him break every single record out there, thanks.
What? Nevermind...
Senator Kobe

Postby venturalakersfan on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:38 am

Senator Kobe wrote:So what? It's not like we are going to win a championship with the current roster...

That's a pisspoor attitude. It is about winning, not records. The best thing about last night was that the Lakers ended a losing streak.
"Just to be safe, 5% of Americans bring their passports when traveling to New Mexico."
- David Letterman
venturalakersfan

Postby no_dont on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:00 pm

The dangerous part is that LO seems to be having more and more consistent bad games. If you look at the stats he almost had a triple dub. We all saw his act however. he had 1 pt in the 1st half. Kobe HAD to score 81. he is getting no help. his roll started the defensive intensity. LO has been a no show more than he has been a show. stats dont tell the story
no_dont

Postby Savory Griddles on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:32 pm

venturalakersfan wrote:

IMO, it was not.

Same for 81.

I don't think you can consider a few weeks long term, so the effects can't be known at this time. The only adverse effect I can think of would be a potential FA not wanting to sign because he might not get his touches.

I know a few weeks isn't dangerous, but I'm asking, if this continues, will it be dangerous?
Savory Griddles

Postby Senator Kobe on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:33 pm

venturalakersfan wrote:
Senator Kobe wrote:So what? It's not like we are going to win a championship with the current roster...

That's a pisspoor attitude. It is about winning, not records. The best thing about last night was that the Lakers ended a losing streak.

I appologize for having a realistic attitude.

btw Kobe is going to be our only bright spot after the season is over.
What? Nevermind...
Senator Kobe

Postby venturalakersfan on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:43 pm

I think making the playoffs will be the Lakers bright spot after the season is over.
- David Letterman
venturalakersfan

Postby Senator Kobe on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:54 pm

Truely is a sad day that making the playoffs is the bright spot Laker fans look forward to.
What? Nevermind...
Senator Kobe

Postby KB24 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:32 pm

Kobe is surrounded by scrubs that need to step up. What I know is that Jackson is a master of mind games, that he eats, breaths and sleeps unselfish basketball and that he always prefers a team with balance. Thats why I think he will get it done. Right now he can´t do anything because Kobe is SOOOOO good. I mean when you are down by 14 at halftime, trail by 2o after halftime and your star SINGLE HANDEDLY OITSCORES the opponent by double digit numbers, you have to calm down and enjoy it. But this performence is not going to happen every night.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Alleyhoops on Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:33 pm

venturalakersfan wrote:

IMO, it was not.

Same for 81.

BINGO. What do you think Bosh was thinking after the game (aside from being ticked that his team lost)?

a) This guy has won championships, knows what it takes to win and wants to win so badly, I want to be a member of his team

or...

b) This guy has such a will to win, he can't help but take matters into his own hands. Do I want to be a part-time contributor, part-time spectator on a team with him?
Last edited by Alleyhoops on Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alleyhoops

Postby lakerfool on Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:37 pm

wait, we had a team around him the whole time? that's news to me
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby Senator Kobe on Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:41 pm

lakerfool wrote:wait, we had a team around him the whole time? that's news to me

Hehe, we have what's known as Offense Decoys.
What? Nevermind...
Senator Kobe

Postby BDG on Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:45 pm

Startrex wrote:

:man9: :man9: :man9:

Post of the day!!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GCMD on Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:46 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10:

You get a SOUL CLAP for that one!
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

GCMD

Postby SKKG on Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:57 pm

Man, I'm tired of people accusing our team of having no talent. Would people trade Odom for Big Z? Would people trade Mihm for Gooden? Keep in mind, without the team defense, Kobe's performance wouldn't have mattered much.

Right now, there's a fundamental flaw with our starting lineup. It starts with Kwame, who can't hit an outside shot. And that clogs the paint for everyone.

No matter how much they move the ball, they can't find any gaps, and inevitably, it comes back to Kobe, who isn't affected because he can shoot over people.

There are two solutions to this problem. Kwame develops an extremely consistent jumper, or wait till Bynum developes into an anchor and we shift Odom to PF permanently. It appears that the latter is much more likely.

Now This is the Real Charlie's Angels!!!
Brother God, You Are Truly Blessed!
SKKG

Postby kwamejoke on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:24 am

:bow: :bow: BEST COMMENT !!!!!!!!
Mitch is the General Murder of lakers.

Caron > kwame BUT caron + chucky < kwame !
kwamejoke

Postby B-Scott on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:37 am

Superstars are supposed to carry there team if there teammates are struggling. So its not bad for the team.

Bad for the team would be if we were down by 18 points,and kobe intentionally kept passing to Kwame and Lamar,even though they kept CLANKING,and let his team fall down by 30.

He won't have to do this every game,but there will be games where he has to carry us. So its not bad for the team in my opinion.
B-Scott

Next

Return to Kobe's 81