Reggie Miller Sticking Up For Kobe on PTI

Reggie Miller Sticking Up For Kobe on PTI

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:49 pm

Giving him MAD PROPS saying he could never score 81 and what Kobe did was AMAZING. Saying that Kobe isn't up to Jordan yet and needs to do something to revolutionize the game. He was saying everyone is hating on him because they are jealous. He loves how Kobe wants to win.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby TalkieWalkie on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:50 pm

Recap please!
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Postby polypro127 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:51 pm

Said MJ revolutionized the game and the Kobe needs to do the same to be in the same breath. Said all the Kobe haters are just jealous, period. He was very impressed with Kobe and sees him as the MVP this year if he can get the team in the 6 spot or above.
"I don't know how to put this... but, I'm kind of a big deal... people know me... I'm very important... I have many leather-bound books... and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."
polypro127

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:52 pm

I agree with his assesment of revolutionizing the game. However, I think Kobe's taking the attitude of absolutely dominating the game in every aspect.

Kobe will get the MVP. Without question.

As for Reggie, that's amazing love. :jam2:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby UCLAeightCLAP on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:56 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:I agree with his assesment of revolutionizing the game. However, I think Kobe's taking the attitude of absolutely dominating the game in every aspect.

Kobe will get the MVP. Without question.

As for Reggie, that's amazing love. :jam2:

i don't think its a guarantee that kobe will win mvp. he definitely will have the numbers to win it, but the lakers have to be at least 5th or 6th in the west for him to win it in my opinion. if we miss the playoffs (which i don't think will happen) i don't think he will win mvp no matter how many points he's averaging.
I NEED EVERY MAN, WOMAN, AND CHILD ON YOUR FEET FOR AN EIGHT CLAP....
11 TIME NATIONAL CHAMPS: 1964 1965 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1975 1995
UCLAeightCLAP

Postby doggystyl3 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:21 pm

Reggie Miller is a class act. Those words from a guy who fought Kobe Bryant and still has respect for the entertainment value and level of difficulty of what Kobe accomplished. Anybody who trashes Kobe's 81 IS only revealing there own jealous face.
doggystyl3

Postby GuRu on Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:26 pm

"Jealousy and Envy"

He said it best.
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby eureca on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:26 pm

I was never a Reggie fan, but since he has retired he has giving Kobe mad props which is fine by me.
eureca

Postby Kasumi on Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:37 pm

I'm surprised, I would really expect Reggie to be hating on it but I like what he said. Very cool!
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby Punk-101 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:32 pm

GuRu wrote:"Jealousy and Envy"

He said it best.

Exactly..
Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.
Dale Carnegie

What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby hdtvset on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:46 pm

I think he is still a Lakers' fan. Will he come off retirement next year and play with Kobe? :man11:
hdtvset

Postby jimbo327 on Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:54 am

Kobe revolutionized the game by breaking any limits in our mind. No one thought 80 pts was possible in today's game. Now, people will say that 80 is doable because Kobe did it. That's how he revolutionized the game.

Simply amazing. I'm still stunned at his performance, and I've watched it 3 times already. It's actually kinda scary...especially the way he did it. It kinda just jumped out at you, you don't even expect it with the first half he had. I thought 60. But man, I'm still shocked to tell you the truth. It really opened my mind to what is possible.

81 :bow:
jimbo327

Postby KobeBryant42pointsathalf on Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:38 am

OMFG reggie is sO FING FICKLE!

i cant believe u guys are sucking up to him.

I remember earlier this year when lakers beat jazz in OT when kobe fouled out and shot 11-33 after the game with charles and kenny they were all beating on kobe so bad.

reggie was like " KOBE, AI when they shoot 30 times IT DONES LOOK GOOD, when mj did it you still stoud there amazed" and "the only player to EVER be allowed to shoot 30 times was the greatest , mj"

he ratted on kobe so much , he is so fickle.

O well

does anyone know when they show this again or if they even do, its vial and essential to me.

Did anyone cap it on video i want to cap it, when will they show it agian :bang: :bow:

please tell me someon
HoopsVibe: Kobe's 2006-2007 projection

Kobe Bryant is about to have the single greatest individual year in the history of basketball. Kobe has come to the point where he’s about to put it all together, he will be great, his team will win, and just to put some icing on it, somewhere along the way this season, Kobe will score 100 points in a single game.
KobeBryant42pointsathalf

Postby ladam24 on Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:54 am

yeah, i saw the replay and i have alot of respect for reggie, my best friend was so quiet yesterday lol, when he came to school i was like, hey man guess what, and he was like, what, and then i go, kobe scored heaps yesterday...and he said..man i dont care, he is garbage..then i said, it was 81 points..and he stopped walking and said..damn, thats crazy, i may hate him, but that is awesome..and he didnt speak i dont think for the rest of the day.

it's good living in australia because hardly anyone knows anything aboutthese thngs, so i got up and told the class and stuff, they were like "wtf". lol

KOBE FOR MVP!!

REGGIE FOR MVA (most valuble analyst) tied with greg anthony. lol
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
ladam24

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:12 am

Great comment by Reggie, props to him.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby JSM on Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:35 pm

That was a great Reggie interview on PTI. I was surprised he took that stance, but glad he showed some respect towards one hell of a player that put on one hell of a performance.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Return to Kobe's 81