Scottie is starting to annoy me

Scottie is starting to annoy me

Postby nameant on Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:55 pm

dont get me wrong I love Scottie. growing up outside of Chicago obviously this guy was a childhood hero...but he is going overboard with some of his comments lately. if you go by what he says, nothing is impressive nowadays b/c the "new rules". hell, we might as well not even play anymore if we're going to play by these rules. right? :nono2:

"It's hard for me to say, because the game is so open now. There are no hard traps in today's game. You can't touch guys. You can't give a hard foul. Tony Parker is leading the league in points in the paint -- I never thought a point guard could shoot that high of a percentage. But obviously he's getting to the hole a lot.

The rules [limiting contact on the perimeter] have really changed the game. When Michael Jordan used to score 40 points, that was a huge headline, national news. Now 40 points doesn't even make you pay attention to SportsCenter. Fifty points is not even shocking. I think I've seen more 40-point and 50-point games in the last few years than I've seen in my whole life."

"My hat's off to [Bryant]. Eighty-one points is a great accomplishment. But I could never compare what Kobe has done to what Michael was able to do.

Against some of those Piston teams we played, those Knick teams, a layup wasn't always a layup if you know what I mean. If I think back to some of the defenders [Jordan] played against like Joe Dumars or Alvin Robertson or even John Starks, there's no way those guys would let Michael Jordan go through them like Toronto did."

he needs to give it a rest. rules always change, it's part of basketball. every era of basketball is different. he's making such a big deal about the "new rules" on the perimeter..has he seen the 81 point game? Laker fans will be the 1st ones to tell you, Kobe has been scoring (seemingly) 90% of the time by a jumpshot. I can see if Kobe shot 30 FTs..but he didnt.
nameant

Postby okay on Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:04 pm

He'll never let it go. He looks at himself as an "old timer" and all the kids today are spoilt.
okay

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:08 pm

almost half of kobes free throws came from being fouled shooting a jumpshot
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby jimbo327 on Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:38 pm

Toronto did play some crap defense, but Kobe were launching three's from like another zip code. Give Kobe his props because some of his shots are like triple head fake and the jack the shot up with a hand in his face. And driving left and pull up for a fading left 3 is very very difficult, I don't remember Scottie ever doing that.
jimbo327

Return to Kobe's 81