my end of an amazing season blog.

my end of an amazing season blog.

Postby adobo24 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:07 am

just finished writing this after the game.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =406928503

end of the year blog.
haven't done this in awhile but here it goes...just finished watching game 6 of the nba finals and what is there to say about it. yes im bitter right now but happy at the same time. man oh man, where to be begin...sigh.

rewindin' back to june 07.

let's rewind all the back to june where things in laker land were rough. kobe being disgusted at our 1st round playoff exits in the past few years decides to call out the kid andrew bynum and wants to ship his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] out for j.kidd. kobe acts cool and calm during various interviews and doesn't care where he wants to play, even mentions that he could even play on the planet pluto. being a laker fan at that moment in time, i was already sad but to hear your superstar and the greatest player on the damn planet to say that hurt alot. [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], i was already fixated on trading kobe, i already accepted it. i had many people come up to me and ask about the situation but i didn't care. i was already picturing him in a bulls uniform and even putting a pshop'ed picture on my myspace. i was ready to rebuild and move without kobe, i follow the effing lakers period.

july 07
i dont know if this is around the time or not, but we have team usa qualifying for the olympic games. kobe still continues to swerve from answering any laker related topics and i see my favorite player playing alongside the greats in the NBA and in the world. kobe even mentions how the lakers would be with the addition of jason kidd and that gets me agitated a bit. im not gonna lie, kobe went off during those games and you can tell he was having fun, somethin that he hasn't experienced in a long time. kobe actually had teammates who can pass, score, and share the ball as a unit

october 07

i seriously can't remember anythin prior to october but here it goes. we had preseason and again it was a bit shaky. preseason came and went and the season started with some drama. home opener against the rockets, kobe was greeted by boo's which was pretty wow in laker land. the game was intense as it went to the final seconds in which battier hit a 3 to take the lead. we came back in the final seconds but it was too late because of battier. this was only the beginning of a crazy season.

the rise of kobe and bynum

as stated earlier with kobe's trade demands, bynum answers his critic and steps up. the few earlier games in the season bynum was scoring big and being consistent. i remember his first couple of games, i doubted him early and i was like wow this season is gonna be [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. i'll admit, i got owned because bynum was showing signs of he wanted to win and prove kobe wrong. he posted some monster double double and even surpassed his season total of last year in only a couple of games. bynum showed some finesse post moves remniscent of kareem and even had some monster block games. i saw some effing light flash before my eyes and i was amazed at the freaking chemistry that kobe and bynum had on the floor. the triangle was flowing perfectly. [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] i [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] loved the screen and rolls and bynum catching alley oops from fisher or kobe to throw it down. things in laker land started to look good.

first of many moves
on november 20th, i didn't think this day would come in laker land. we actually traded for somebody. wow my emotions were going crazy as i heard the news from kevin torres. of course i didn't believe it at first but being a nerd, i decide to check my laker forum and they set the record for most users online in one day at the time. things were going nuts on that website and i was ecstatic, shocked, dskjbsdjbks, you name it. we traded garbage brian cook and maurice evans for trevor ariza. i didn't know jack [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] about ariza except he was drafted by the knicks and came from UCLA. that's all i needed to know because cook was garbage. mo evans did a great job in his short career as a laker, but the nba is a business right?

early months of the season.

the bynum and kobe tandem continues to roll on...just lookin back at some games, we had some pivotal and games that went to the wire. some games for example, we had the denver game which iverson scored 48 points in 3 quarters and freaking trevor held him to 2 points in the 4th quarter. bynum stepped up and had some key blocks to prevent the nuggets tying or leading the game, then you have the best closer in the game named kobe bryant.

that fateful day.

on january 13th as things were goin so well, bynum suffers an injury that was expected to only last through march. as i saw that happen on TV, i was just speechless. i already thought this season was gonna be like last year with kobe just carrying the load like always. bynum was expected to miss about 8 weeks i believe. it didn't help at all since we were already goin for the top spot in the west and just to have this happen was horrible. i remember the next day, we had a game in seattle and kobe just went off. i hated the fact he chucked like 48x for like a bajillion points but we got the effing win in OT. i remember john ireland interviewed kobe after the game and what he thought about andrew bynum. kobe answered along the lines of, i really hope he gets well and he's been tremendous this season. that kinda opened my eyes as dude, kobe wanted to ship his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] out and now he's caring, dang. i started to see that kobe actually was putting trust in the young kid.

gasol-ina! sio-pau! kung-pau! whatever you may call it, prayer answered.

im not gonna lie, im startin to feel tired writin this but this is the only way to ease the ughhh watchamacallit, healing process that the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] celtics owned my lakers. anywho on feb 1st, i remember coming home and listening to POWER106 on the radio like i always do. it was the old school show with jeff garcia and dj e-man, ONE of the best combinations and shows on the radio btw. so im comin home from school enjoying myself and i think it's a friday, and Jeff G says the lakers just have made a major move. he announced it saying the lakers have traded.....then in my mind, im like awww man, bye bye odom....i was sad but then jeff g cut me off and said the lakers have traded kwame brown, crittenton and 2 draft choices to the grizzlies for pau gasol. OMFG i said to myself many times on the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] road, i started texting many people and i went crazy, i wanted to beep [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] beep my way back home but that would be pretty bad. i basically sped home and went online and started reading [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] to see if it was true. my laker forum went mad nuts, the website was lagging and every thread had like z0mg kwame brown is effing gone z0mg??@3@!?@!?@! yea pretty mucch along those lines. as soon as that happened, i just imagined the front court line up of fisher kobe odom gasol and bynum can you say wow? i know i did.

expectations
many expected to see how the lineup would do with gasol coming to the lakers. i remember he came to one of our games against the wizards. he was behind and the bench and one of our assistant coaches would guide him when we were running plays. i couldn't wait at all, we were already pounded the wizards. on feb 5th he made his debut and had a monster game, 20 plus points? many hated the lakers for trading garbage for pau gasol. we were hated on, but what else is new? gasol was a right fit for the lakers as many teams couldn't handle us. [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] just watching games, many broadcasters were surprised that gasol and kobe got along so damn well. the screen and roll was just damn dangerous as gasol would catch passes like no other and he knew how to finish around or near the basket. i was simply amazed, he had soft hands [no homo] and his IQ for the game was amazing.

odom
i remember when we got gasol, i wondered how odom would do. he was bagged on in LA for not being that pippen type of player to kobe. as soon as gasol stepped foot in LA, odom made a name for himself. any laker fan could see that odom did better being that 3rd option on the squad. odom was [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] tearing it up on the boards and nearing the end of the season. odom had many 20+ rebound games at the end of the season and even 20+ rebound games in consecutive games i think? odom's statistics increased in every aspect of the game, and he proved many people wrong. odom being that 3rd option, [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]........that was no joke.

phew...the tough western conference race and the final days.
man oh man, here we were actually battling for that 1 spot in the WC. remember at the beginning of the season? people predicted us to be that 7th-8th seed in the WC with our starting lineup at the beginning of the season....we came a long way. the western conference was nuts this year, every team was battling even the damn 7th seed for heaven sakes. we were pretty much 2nd 3rd and inching our way to the top. you could be 1st one day then 4th by tomorrow. i remember the final few days of the season, the hornets and lakers were battling it out. the hornets had pretty much a 1 game lead and i was like man it's gonna be impossible for them to lose. we had a game against them in the final few days of the regular season and many said this would decide the MVP of the NBA season.

i somewhat believed it but it was hard because i think u had to have the 1 spot in the WC. the hornets game was good as we led by what, a bajillion points, i remember i said to myself, i didn't doubt the hornets because my lakers always fumbled big leads. we did that and we had ourselves a ball game. it's tough to remember what happened but we ended up winning and i said to myself, dang MVP. the hornets ended up losing a game @ sacramento in which it shocked me. we had 2 final games, we had the spurs and kings, and we won both and sealed our spot as being the 1 seed in the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]' WC. i pretty much almost cried, just to see what we went through this year but it wasn't over as we had the playoffs ahead of us.

great games during season. [emotional, clutch, exciting]

- Lakers @ Rockets 11.14.07
- Nuggets vs. Lakers 12.05.07
- Lakers @ Magic 2.08.08
- Lakers @ Suns 2.20.08
- Mavericks vs. Lakers 3.02.08
- Lakers @ Kings 3.04.08
- Lakers @ Jazz 3.20.08
- Lakers @ Warriors 3.24.08
- Hornets vs. Lakers 4.11.08
- Spurs vs. Lakers 4.13.08

"MVP MVP MVP"
there isn't a need to talk about the 1st round of the playoffs as we murdered the denver thuggets. they even tried puttin kenyon martin on kobe and that didn't work. we swept their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] 4 freaking 0. it was nice to sweep once again. the second round began with the utah jazz beating the houston rockets. the jazz are tough opponents as they don't back down being at home and they had a pretty versatile lineup. fast forward, it was time to hand kobe the MVP trophy at @ staples for game 2 of the series. it was a proud moment in lakers history and esp. for kobe. he's come a long way in the league, a long 12 years. man that trophy was deserved, just seein kobe mature during the season, making his teammates better, dominating in all aspects of the game as always, and this season, winning. it was nice to see kobe adding his name to the many laker players who won the mvp award.

playoffs.

stated earlier we owned the denver thuggets 4-0, the jazz was a tough series as they won 2 back home as they should. it was pretty intense as i thought the jazz had momentum on their side but you can't doubt the lakers, we won game 5 and i wanted to end the series in Utah just to make it even more sweeter. i couldn't watch game 6 as i attended Cal Poly's PACN but it was fun having the performance update laker scores. when i found out that we won, shiet i went nuts. then later in the show, they announced it and myself and the 21391239021398321321 filipinos in the crowd went nuts.

the WCF brought between the lakers and our familiar foe being the san antonio spurs. i hated the spurs with a passion, they run a boring [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] offense, you have tim duncan shooting 1 minute free throws, manu ginobili flopping, tony parker driving in the lane and throwing it up and it goes in, and dudes like robert horry aging on the bench. game 1 we were already down 20 and i was like OMG, no way....my heart sunk. knowing my squad, of course i kept watching and we trimmed the lead slowly slowly then got there within distance. it was an amazing comeback and we effing won the game, i was pretty motha effing happy. the spurs ran out of gas and couldn't compete. it was sad seeing a former laker, robert horry missing wide open jumpers drawing only the backboard but what can ya do. game 2 was won by our lakers in a blowout, game 3 was won by the spurs because manu carried their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], game 4 was drama fo' yo' mama as a call wasn't called at the end of the game to take the lead for the spurs. if thet call was made, that woulda been a travesty. game 4 was won by our MVP. bruce bowen ain't got [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] on kobe? watch game 5 to see that happen. we won the series 4-1 shocking the former nba champs. [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]' ya'll!

nba finals and the end to an amazing season.

phew, we made it to the nba finals. what a feeling, haven't been there since 04' and i was experienced nostalgia once again. i was happy to see kobe go to the final to get another shot at the ring. lucky lucky us, we were facing boston, our world reknown rivals. many expected this series to be like the early 80's revival of it but it was a bit different i guess. i didnt think highly of the celtics as they struggled with the hawks in the 1st round, lebron in the 2nd and the pistons in the 3rd round. i predicted the lakers to win in 6 but yea....celtics took game 1 by 10 and i was already scared. i hated this 2-3-2 format in the finals but had to accept it. boston took game 2 with the aid of the nba referees, which was grrrrrrreat. we shift back to LA and i was hoping to have the series be 3-2 lakers going back to boston and winnning it all there. sigh.....game 3 was good as kobe and sasha stepped up leading the lakers to victory. game 4 might have been the deciding game in the series as the celtics came back from 24 down, im still emo about it, im hoping the haitian from heroes can erase that memory from my mind. game 5 was won because pau and odom decided to come out to play. both were agressive on the floor and played with heart and desire. game 6 didn't turn out to be like i wanted, i wanted a close game with the lakers coming out on top....i can dream right? well the celtics get a big lead and that was it...

i saw my lakers just give up in the 3rd telling by their body language. im a fan and of course i believed but i was already saddened when ray allen kept shooting 3's, we couldn't grab boards, allowed easy buckets, kobe was missing shots, we turned the ball over, rondo decided to steal up a storm, gasol and odom disappearing then i was already debating whether to turn off my tv. i didn't and i kept watching, it was disheartening...i mean should i be happy for the celtics with their cast? i guess for kg, paul and ray ray....they been playin for awhile...

but kobe...he's come a long way since the beginning of the season...just to see him lose another shot a ring hurts. yea its easy to say next year blah blah, but we came too far ya know....well i gotta hold my head up high again and wait for the 08-09 season with bynum hopefully coming back. it was a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] roller coaster ride through this season, it was an awesome ride none the less. i spilled my guts and emotions into blog as you can tell. it sucks to lose but im [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] happy at this laker squad...[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] amazing how you can be garbage one year and at the top the next. we saw it all this year, we wheeled and dealed and got better. we learned from our mistakes, the bench gained confidence and basically played like starters, kobe trusted them.

ImageImage
adobo24

Postby FishGirl2 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:18 am

no D-Fish? awww come on. Well done. I blame phil. He took out LO and Fish when they were on fire a few times.
D-Fish makes it rain....look sexy like T-Pain.
FishGirl2

Return to Lakers Blogs