Heir'z Corner: Appreciating the Mac Man

Heir'z Corner: Appreciating the Mac Man

Postby Heir on Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:31 pm

Heir'z Corner: Appreciating the Mac Man

Image

I'm in as much shock and surprise now as I was when my sister woke me up and told me the news. Going to Yahoo's front page and seeing it for myself was reminiscent of finding out my brother had been arrested because of a gang related fight that was posted on Youtube:

http://www.cbs46.com/news/16261538/deta ... a&psp=news

What connects the two, you ask? Neither one is actual family. Christian Butler isn't my brother by blood, but we had that type of relationship. The fact that I've grown up thus far without a father and no real male influence in my life was what made me feel close to him. He looked out for me, kept me out of trouble, and was on me about my grades as much as my mother. Then there's Bernie.

I grew up watching him and his show. I still remember the days where myself, mother, and sister would sit down together weekly and watch it. He was the kind of man that even if you weren't related to him by blood, you would call him your uncle. Good natured guy, had his own style of comedy, and was just downright funny.

He was like most black comedians in the sense that he told it like it is. Of course comedy is all in fun, but at the end of the day everything they say is the truth.

That's why you look up to someone like Bernie, no matter your race or sex. He and other comedians can speak on the most controversial topics we deal with in today's world and poke fun at it while making you think at the same time.

Bernie was the type of man that you would consider to be part of your family. So it's okay for you to shed tears if you need to. It's okay for you to watch movies he was in, or sit back and watch some of his stand up routines. No matter what, laughter is always the one word you'll be able to associate with the name Bernie Mac. And I'm sure he wouldn't have it any other way.

Rest In Peace Bernie. We'll see you up there.

Image
President of Royal Freshness Entertainment

Yes We Can
User avatar
Heir

 
Posts: 2318
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:19 pm
Location: In a Galaxy far, far away

Postby LDR on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:02 pm

R.I.P.

Nice post Heir.
Image
User avatar
LDR

 
Posts: 1116
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:53 pm

Postby caliown on Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:06 am

Come on here everyday. Don't say much. Most of the time it has already been said by someone else. This post kinda shocked me. Wouldn't think someone on the forum would tip the hat to Bernie. You're alright Heir. R.I.P. Mac Man. Praying for you Mac family.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
User avatar
caliown

 
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:33 pm

Postby Heir on Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:09 pm

caliown wrote:Come on here everyday. Don't say much. Most of the time it has already been said by someone else. This post kinda shocked me. Wouldn't think someone on the forum would tip the hat to Bernie. You're alright Heir. R.I.P. Mac Man. Praying for you Mac family.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. :bow:
User avatar
Heir

 
Posts: 2318
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:19 pm
Location: In a Galaxy far, far away

Postby sm61893 on Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:08 pm

I was shocked when my wife told me. I’ve seen most of his moves and love his stand up. The thing that really sucks is I think he was still heading upward in his career. I lost my mom this year and I know how bad it hurts. I pray that the Lord will comfort his family during this hard time.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE
User avatar
sm61893

 
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:14 am
Location: SoCal Born and Rasied

Postby Heir on Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:34 pm

sm61893 wrote:I was shocked when my wife told me. I’ve seen most of his moves and love his stand up. The thing that really sucks is I think he was still heading upward in his career. I lost my mom this year and I know how bad it hurts. I pray that the Lord will comfort his family during this hard time.
Sorry to hear about your mom. :man5:
User avatar
Heir

 
Posts: 2318
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:19 pm
Location: In a Galaxy far, far away

Postby sm61893 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:12 am

Heir wrote:
sm61893 wrote:I was shocked when my wife told me. I’ve seen most of his moves and love his stand up. The thing that really sucks is I think he was still heading upward in his career. I lost my mom this year and I know how bad it hurts. I pray that the Lord will comfort his family during this hard time.
Sorry to hear about your mom. :man5:


Thanks, but she lived at great life and was loved by many. I miss her but she is in a better place as is Mac
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE
User avatar
sm61893

 
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:14 am
Location: SoCal Born and Rasied

Postby Heir on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:52 am

sm61893 wrote:
Heir wrote:
sm61893 wrote:I was shocked when my wife told me. I’ve seen most of his moves and love his stand up. The thing that really sucks is I think he was still heading upward in his career. I lost my mom this year and I know how bad it hurts. I pray that the Lord will comfort his family during this hard time.
Sorry to hear about your mom. :man5:


Thanks, but she lived at great life and was loved by many. I miss her but she is in a better place as is Mac
Well said. :bow:
User avatar
Heir

 
Posts: 2318
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:19 pm
Location: In a Galaxy far, far away


Return to Lakers Blogs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.