Heir'z Corner: Bynum's Career High and Bryant's Triple Doubl

Heir'z Corner: Bynum's Career High and Bryant's Triple Doubl

Postby Heir on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:00 am

Heir'z Corner: Bynum's Career High and Bryant's Triple Double Leads LA

This wasn't a huge game for the team tonight. With Luke back we'll no longer be scrapping for wins since that's one more healthy body that we can throw in there. This was more of a "you know the Lakers will win, so just sit back and enjoy the show" type of game that, when you're this good, will come along every once in awhile. And tonight, we definitely got a show for the memory bank.

Luke- Hopefully this game proves how important Luke is for the team and how much better we are with him in the lineup. Our offense didn't exactly struggle these past couple of weeks with him out, but just watching tonight's game it was obvious how much more smoothly the offense runs with his IQ added to the equation of all the loaded guns in our starting lineup. Gary Vitti must be stepping his game up because Luke is the second player to play a great game after coming off an injury (Lamar being the other). Final stat line: 11 points, 2 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 5-9 from the field, and 1-2 from three.

Bynum/Gasol- I could sit here and go on and on sarcastically about HIS KNEE, but I won't. That would be out of Heir'z character. Anyone who's been keeping track of HC would know that I've noticed and mentioned obvious improvement in Bynum's offensive arsenal. All the moves you saw him make tonight he's been making for at least 2 weeks, tonight he just got better position and as a result, his teammates didn't hesitate to feed him the ball. I'm not sure what's gotten into him lately and why we weren't seeing all of these sleek moves with the ball in the post before, but when the basketball gods give you a blessing you shouldn't ask questions. Just take it with a smile! Tonight was his night and the scary part is that he's only looking better as each game progress, so there's a very real possibility that we haven't seen the best from him just yet. As a result of Bynum's dominating performance, Pau was hardly a factor tonight, but that's okay. This was really the first game all season where Bynum had it going to the point where our guards were looking for him consistently, so if Bynum's strong play on offense continues Pau will have to find a way to be a factor for the team in other ways besides scoring. This benefits him as well, though. If Bynum is controlling the paint and causing double teams that will leave Pau free for his mid range shot that's been on point like an arrow this year. Final stat lines: Bynum- 42 points, 15 rebounds, 17-24 from the field, 3 blocks, and only 2 fouls. Pau- 10 points, 6 rebounds, 5-9 from the field, 3 assists, 1 block.

KB24- I know the whole selfish label is gone and forgotten, but I can't say enough about his transition as a teammate. He's still struggling with that finger, even though the rest of us watching could hardly tell tonight, so the extra play making he did against Cleveland continued in this game. His assist totals have been up dramatically lately, but it's pretty easy to notice the difference in the way he's been making plays these past two games as opposed to before he actually injured the finger. I admired how he took notice of Bynum's dominance and started looking for him on every possession he could. It's funny, Kobe did the best he could to take it easy and ends up with a triple double. Final stat line: 18 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists.

LO- Lamar had yet another terrific game tonight off the bench. We lost the lead a little bit at the end, so had it not been for his contribution we could be playing overtime as we speak.

Final Thought- Not much to say about this game. We took care of business against a team we were supposed to beat and will be up against the same hill tomorrow night against the Wizards. Get er done.

HC Shout Out- Shout out to the Clippers announcers. Neither one of them played Homer Simpson tonight and gave our team respect and much more where it was due. Heir takes his hat off to that. Well actually, his crown.

President of Royal Freshness Entertainment

Yes We Can
Heir

Return to Lakers Blogs