KB8 Blog: Pacific Champs

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:10 am

Written on 4/12/2008

Well, there it is.

I’m sure most of Laker nation had a heart attack while watching the game against the Hornets, but when the buzzer sounded and we claimed victory, a calming sensation hit me hard; we are the champions of the division. Not since we had the M.D.E. holding down the 5 have we had the honor of saying that, and with him now on the rival team, it feels great to say that again. With him in Phoenix and us in L.A., we have created a potential storm that can be impossible to ignore. Lakers versus the Suns in round one? It may seem like an overdone scenario, but in all honesty, it can still happen.

Is that a good thing?

I will be the first to admit that I thought Shaq to Phoenix was hilarious, but now seeing how the system is running, I can admit as a fan that without Bynum we will have problems. Size and strength matter when it matters most, and without our muscle, we have a mountain to climb without our tallest person reaching towards the peak. Do not underestimate what an anchor can do to a boat that is seemingly coasting to nothing.

Can Drew come back in time to help us right the ship? As of now, it’s a complete toss up. Reports conflict, fans get pissed, and the Lakers still go on. All I can say is that we have to try no matter what. Even without Drew this team is better than what we’ve had in the past two years, and while the West is much stronger, there is no going against the best player in the league with a strong supporting cast. The Lakers can take down any team in the league without Bynum. But can they do it four times? That’s the only question that hasn’t been answered.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby JuanoLAL on Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:18 am

It really is crazy that the Lakers are the pacific champs, at the beginning of the season most people would've laughed at that title. So much stuff has happened this year, Kobe's summer drama, Bynum's injury, the Ariza and Gasol trades, and yet - we still managed to come on top of our division, and our fighting for a chance to win the West. Yes, the ever so competitive West. This truly is unbelievable. Nice blog JT, I seriously cannot wait until the playoffs get started (but first we gotta take care of San Antonio). With Bynum back, imho we're unstoppable. Bring it on.
JuanoLAL

Postby mapabu1 on Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:06 am

Great read, nice to win division but that it is only the first step.
mapabu1

Return to Lakers Blogs