KB8 Blog: Some Random Thoughts

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:00 pm

Written on 4/6/2008

It's been a while since I've contributed to the best blog in modern existence. Do I have a reason for the lapse? Not really. But I felt that after a long absence that it was time to drop the voice of reason upon all of you. I cannot deprive you any longer.

The season is almost over, and right now, the Lakers look like they are the Pacific champions. During the summer, virtually everyone would have laughed at this occuring knowing the circumstances. Kobe demanded out, Lamar was the player that could never get it going, and Luke Walton got a huge contract extention. I want everyone right now to breathe out with a giant sigh of relief and realize one thing; our favorite team is once again relevant. Is a championship the next goal? I think so. Phoenix mortgaged the future on a single move, and while it's looking good right now, the Pacific division looks to be ours for the next five years.

With that said...

Can we give Mitch a ton of credit? I've seen an incredible amount of bashing going his way when we were mediocre, and now that we're great, I see none of the opposite. He didn't react in haste during the Kobe fiasco, he made the simple yet effective Ariza trade, and he stole Gasol in a fashion that I've never seen before. If there was ever a time to give props to Mitch, it's right now. He is the GM of the year. Yes, read that again. Who would have ever thought? The Logo leaves his mark again.

Everyone with a calender needs to get a marker and circle a week from today. If reports are right, that is the day we will have our golden child back from injury. Ironically, this is happening during the most important game of the season. That game, which is against the defending champion San Antonio Spurs, could very well determine who gets the two seed. Can he come back in fashion and help us clinch the best seed since Shaq held down his position? Stay tuned.

In fact, stay tuned on the rest of this season. No one knows what will happen, and honestly, isn't that the most exciting?
Last edited by Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby Massacre on Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:08 pm

Your pieces have become quite the delight.

I really couldn't have stated any of that in a better manner. Kobe is an MVP candidate, the Lakers are contenders in a packed Western Conference, Andrew Bynum has become the player Kobe has "dreamed of" and Mitch is a shoe-in for executive of the year. I would've slapped you in the face repetitively if you told me those would all be factual statements prior to the season. Many have thrown out that his best move wasn't the Pau deal - it was not buckling under the pressure and keeping Kobe. I applaud his work this season. Nice read.
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:13 pm

Massacre wrote:Your pieces have become quite the delight.

I really couldn't have stated any of that in a better manner. Kobe is an MVP candidate, the Lakers are contenders in a packed Western Conference, Andrew Bynum has become the player Kobe has "dreamed of" and Mitch is a shoe-in for executive of the year. I would've slapped you in the face repetitively if you told me those would all be factual statements prior to the season. Many have thrown out that his best move wasn't the Pau deal - it was not buckling under the pressure and keeping Kobe. I applaud his work this season. Nice read.

And I would have slapped you back.

Only thing I could have seen happening was Andrew. That's all.

What a season. Now lets finish this off right.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby mapabu1 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:23 am

Great piece
mapabu1

Postby Mr. Chicken on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:05 pm

We are giving Mitch credit for his work.

But a nice piece to look at things in retrospect. I mean, who the heck would've thought this would've happened to our beloved team. I live out of state at the moment and when I told my friends I'm a Laker fan they all laughed at me for being a fan of such a bad team. Now look who's laughing *****es. :mhihi:

Anywho, good stuff. Wish you could write more often!
"I'm chasing perfection"--Kobe Bryant
Mr. Chicken

Postby halekulani on Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:09 pm

sure give mitch a lot of credit, but it's hard to when there's a lot of dumb luck involved.

i mean, kwame for gasol?

kwame

gasol

unbelievable trade.
halekulani

Postby Rep-EE-RC on Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:44 am

:bow: Well said!
Cal State Berkeley EERC is saving lives.
I Image Sasha!
Rep-EE-RC

Return to Lakers Blogs