Lakers Fans - I need your suggestions

Lakers Fans - I need your suggestions

Postby smushsucks on Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:53 pm

I'm putting together an article on how us locals get our Lakers tickets at the last minute. Most of my tip and tricks center around craigslist and timing can usually get you a good seat for $20. Maybe you can suggest some other options. Check out what I've got so far and let me know by replying here.
Thanks,
Smushsucks

http://www.ehow.com/how_4742744_buy-che ... ckets.html
smushsucks

Re: Lakers Fans - I need your suggestions

Postby Dr Dr Jeckyl on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:16 pm

Not sure if this would work these days, since this could get out of hand, but you could probably hang out around the "will call" area at Staples just before the game. I've noticed that people who get their tickets there sometimes have extras. When I attended games earlier in the decade, I occasionally sold a ticket or pair of tickets this way... and not for profit. (Haven't been back in a few years).

Special guests can usually obtain up to 4 tickets at comp or absurdly low prices. And so the tendency is to buy four tickets even if you aren't sure you'll use all of them. Then... Somebody in the party doesn't show... or perhaps the buyer ends up using only using 2 or 3 of their 4 comp tickets.

Stand near will call and DISCREETLY ask if anybody has extra tix. Dress nicely, look sane, have cash handy, be the sort of person who might be fun to sit next to. This is clearly a last ditch effort... but it still might succeed at times if you can pull it off.
Dr. Dr. Jeckyl
Dr Dr Jeckyl

Re: Lakers Fans - I need your suggestions

Postby exodusms on Tue May 12, 2009 3:48 pm

Great idea on the WIll call, I had never actually thought of that. Makes perfect sense though.
exodusms

Return to Lakers Blogs