Rodgers Report: Bulls Blitzed

Rodgers Report: Bulls Blitzed

Postby trodgers on Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:11 pm

Travis Rodgers

The Starting Five Fisher, Kobe, Odom, Cook, and Kwame started for the consecutive game. Kwame left early with a sprained knee and ankle, but not before a hot start with 2 points, 2 boards, and an assist. Cook gets the award for biggest waste on the starting five. Brian finished with 5 points and assist on a scoreless night. Odom came back to Earth a bit with 9 and 6, but he played solid D, had two steals and two blocks. He used his length effectively tonight to tip balls. I liked what I saw. Fisher's boxscore looks shabby, but he played competently. Kobe had 18-5-3 and 3 steals along with his usual solid offensive effort. Most importantly, he got some rest.

The Pine Riders 73 points for the Bench Mob! Leading the way were Bynum (14/10), Farmar (14/8), and Mihm (11/7). Radmanovic and Vujacic combined to hit all five of their 3pt attempts. Mo Evans had seven points. The second unit scored in bunches, did just enough defensively against a clearly overmatched team.

What did I like? LA blew a bad team out of the building. When you get outscored 61-32 over a half of basketball, you do not belong on the same court with your opponent. LA harassed Chicago into shooting 35% on FGs, 25% on threes, and 67% on FTs with 19 Turnovers. That's how you play an inferior team. Oh, and that Walton-Farmar-Mihm play? Amazing.

What did I dislike? A piss poor offensive performance in the first half and 21 Turnovers for the game show that LA is still prone to sloppiness. LA's main ballhandlers (Fisher, Kobe, Odom) had 5 assists compared to 9 TOs. That's terrible.

Overall impression: No Turiaf in the starting lineup and now no Kwamba. I am pleased with the way the Lakers responded to a challenge, but as injuries threaten to mount, the bench will be asked to play heavy minutes. Here's hoping Kwame and Turiaf return quickly. I'm loving the way this team is gelling right now. At 6-3, Los Angeles is trending toward 55 wins right now.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Radner on Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:20 pm

With the injury to Kwame, I'm hoping Bynum is capable of producing more on the defensive end. I don't want Mihm starting but it looks like that's the direction Phil is going to go.

Cook, though useless on offense once again, made some key plays on defensive end that were worth recognition. He's still cheering on his teammates which is a positive.
Radner

Postby DarthRekal on Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:23 pm

TROG... im bad at visiting other parts of the boards... lo siento homey.. nice job on this reporting :bow:

enjoy your reviews and man you're fast :jam2:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby trodgers on Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:12 am

Yeah, I am concerned about Kwame's not being with the team. I really hope Cook has a good attitude because he is going to lose any value he might have otherwise. As for Bynum, he played a very good game last night and seems to get his defensive game going a bit based on his offensive performance at times.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby revgen on Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:50 am

Simple and to the point. I like it.

Keep it up Trav.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Return to Lakers Blogs