The Spurs (6-1)
in
San Antonio

LA's Keys
1. Be Relentless
2. Aim for the Stars
3. Hope

Be Relentless
The Spurs are what everyone who watches basketball thinks they are: the best team year after year. They start games strong, they finish strong, and they don't yield in the face of adversity. LA must meet them in intensity and cannot take any possessions off. One missed opportunity can send San Antonio off on a long run. And we all know how hard it is to chase San Antonio.

Aim for the Stars
Attack the big name players from San Antonio. This is not something the Lakers have been able to do over the past few years. While Kobe Bryant can drive all night long, even against an aging Bruce Bowen, the Lakers haven't had a post scorer since Shaq left. Now, I like the combination of Odom, Turiaf, and Bynum attacking Duncan all night long. Fisher can do a job against Parker as well. Attack all game long, force them into foul trouble, and get them playing passively.

Hope
One aspect of the game is out of the Lakers' hands. LA could play the best game they're able to play and the Spurs could still win the game. LA just does not have the cohesion and confidence at this point to beat the Spurs' A-game. Some amount of help will have to come from the Spurs' side of things.

Prediction
Spurs 99
Lakers 93
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Radner on Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:46 pm

We are not going to be able to stop Parker but I think we can try to prevent him from having a career night. The speed of Parker will definitely be a problem for Fisher, so I think Farmar should play early in the game and drive to the basket as much as he can. It should at least keep Parker under wraps from creating offense .
Radner

Postby trodgers on Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:50 pm

^ That's the strategy to use against Nash. I'm not as familiar with how to play Parker (because I wasn't analyzing it back in the day when we played San Antonio all the time). It's generally an effective technique though.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:33 pm

Also Turnovers, if we turn the ball over at least 15 times, there is no way that we win this game. The Lakers have to clean that part of there game up immediately!
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Return to Lakers Blogs