Rodgers Report: Fringe Lakers

Rodgers Report: Fringe Lakers

Postby trodgers on Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:35 pm

Look at Karl, Mbenga, Yue, Mitchell, and Crawford.

Coby Karl, Joe Crawford, DJ Mbenga, Dwayne Mitchell, Sun Yue. What do these players have in common? They have a good chance of being on the LA Lakers when the season starts. Well, a better chance than I have of being on the team at least. Then again, none of them are a sure thing. So who has the best chance of making the team, what roles might they see, and what does it all mean for the Lakers?

To read the remainder, hit up: http://rodgersreport.wordpress.com/
I appreciate feedback.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby LDR on Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:39 pm

Great post man. Some real insight there. I agre about almost everything, although I give Karl a little more credit than you. He's a ok ball handler and passer and can really shoot, and he really wasn't THAT bad in SL.
LDR

Postby trodgers on Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:03 am

Thanks, man.

Karl was probably the third best Guard on the team and that's a problem because he has the most NBA experience. He also (and this is my opinion) doesn't have the upside of either Crawford or Mitchell and I don't even think he's better than Devin Green, who had been with LA for some time. Maybe I was a bit harsh, but I don't think he's going to be our answer.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Chineses on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:29 pm

I support the Sun Yue
Chineses

Postby LakerKev on Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:27 pm

A key component for the Lakers is Jordan Farmar. He has to step up this year or he's a goner. Phil will need to monitor Fisher's minutes and keep him fresh for the post season which means Farmar will have to carry his share of the load during the season. He tailed off at the end of last season and was mostly a non factor in the playoffs. That cant happen this year. He's confident bordering on cocky but he has nothing to be cocky about based on what I saw from him in the Finals. Farmar played much better when we had Crittenton pushing him for playing time. Once Critter was gone Farmar seemed to relax knowing the fact that there was no other option at PG after him. Maybe Coby Karl or Joe Crawford will provide that added motivation for Farmar but it's clear that he's not to self motivated to get better and contribute on a consistant basis.
LakerKev

Return to Lakers Blogs