Should Shaq come back and retire as a Laker?

Should Shaq come back and retire as a Laker?

Postby moe24 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:00 pm

I think the Lakers should sign Shaq as a free agent and bring home another title. We can sign him under the league minimum. Add depth to our bench. Shaq is still one of the best big men passers in the league and Shaq has accepted his role as a quality back-up center. Shaq will retire in LA since he spent the best years of his career in LA alongside the greatest combp in the league with Kobe. Kobe and Shaq have burried their hatchet, and I feel have the potential to win another title. I think we could use Shaq in the rotation instead of Mbenga, Morrison, Powell who are pretty much non-factors in our player rotation in gametime situations.. You never know when Bynum's bum knees will give out and Shaq can be a reliable center who knows the Triangle Offense can still bang with the best big men in the league and grab rebounds. Let's do it LAKERS!!!! Bring back Kobe and Shaq!!!!!!!
moe24

Re: Should Shaq come back and retire as a Laker?

Postby Fisher11 on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:04 am

Why would we want Shaq back? Honesty, he's old and egotistical.
2010 NBA CHAMPIONS
Fisher11

Postby HESAMAGICMAN on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:49 am

I think Kobe made a point of mentioning that now he has one more championship than Shaq. So no matter what they might say in public neither one has forgotten. Best to just leave it alone. I heard Buss was looking for ways of trimming the payroll. Shaq might not cost nearly as much as he once did. He would still cost more than a Mbenga though.
HESAMAGICMAN

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:17 pm

Yes. But he won't.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby TT24 on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:34 pm

No.
TT24

Postby lar9149 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:49 am

Actually the arguments presented for Shaq coming back are quite good and don't forget he already knows the triangle offense. It is true that Kobe and Shaq have some problems with each other, but don't forget so did Ron Artest and Kobe and who would have thought Ron Artest would come to the Lakers after the "elbow" incident with Houston in the playoffs. Cause in the end I am sure they respect each other and look at this way, if Shaq and Kobe win again together, Kobe will still have "one up on Shaq."
lar9149

Return to Lakers Blogs