Skyblog: Kobe trade scenarios

Postby temp5F on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:31 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:he has a lot of growing up to do if he wants to regain the respect of the fans. You just don't leave your team, franchise, and city in the dust after you run across the country.

You just don't.

Then blame the organization for not building a good team and for squandering opportunities. Fans who aren't blind homers (that support the organization regardless of what they do) still support him.

Spineless leeches who are mad at the fact that he put his foot down don't really matter in the long run.

If push comes to shove, I hope that he doesn't end up stranded and have his effort wasted on an organization that only cares about the bottom line.

Just like I wouldn't like to see Magic or Kareem's careers wasted, I wouldn't want to see Kobe end up that way either.

The players make this organization great, not the other way around. No one would care about the name on the jersey if great players didn't play for it. You have to keep things in their proper perspective.

If the organization truly wants to keep Kobe and make him happy, they need to man up and add talent to help him out. At the current rate, he's going to burn himself out trying to carry this team into the playoffs every year.
temp5F

Postby D Nice on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:59 pm

Please don't worry about trading him within the conference, and mess up a Dallas deal like we did for Shaq.

D Nice wrote:Lakers – Mavericks – Pacers

Lakers Trade: Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom
Lakers Receive: Jermaine O’Neal, Josh Howard, DJ MBenga

PG: Farmar/Fisher/Sasha
SG: Evans/Javaris/Cook
SF: Howard/ Vlad/Luke
PF: O’Neal/Turiaf/MBenga
Cc: Bynum/Mihm/Brown

Mavs Trade: Josh Howard, Devin Harris, DJ MBenga, Maurice Ager, 1st Round Pick
Mavs Receive: Kobe Bryant

PG: Terry/Barea
SG: Kobe/Stackhouse/Hassel
SF: Jones/George/Buckner
PF: Dirk/Sampson/Fazekas
Cc: Diop/Dampier

Pacers Trade: Jermaine O’Neal
Pacers Receive: Lamar Odom, Devin Harris, Maurice Ager, Dallas 1st Round Pick

Harris/Tinsley
Daniels/Ager
Granger/Williams
Odom/Diogu
Foster/Murphy/Harrison

Only team who I don't see completely going for it is Indy. Harris might be an equally attractive piece to them as Bynum, and if he is, it should float their boat.
We become immediately good once again, a playoff team for sure. A great future with Bynum-Howard-Critt-Farmar with JO anchoring the team as it develops. And we would have, potentially, one of the best defensive front courts in the league.
D Nice

Postby nosebleedbum on Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:36 am

Trade him to the Clips- All parties (teams/fans) will be happy
Kobe gets his superstar in a recovered Brand. Clippers will have to sign one more player to make it interesting - they have around 10 mil coming off the books. Artest could easily come. LA will be able to see kobe go for a ring. Buss can have his hardon for rebuilding.

The Lakers by then would know what draft position the Clippers have. It'll be pretty high, hence a shot at OJ mayo or Michael Beaseley.

proposal for 2008:

Kobe/Cook for Caveman/Magette/Thorton/Livingston and 2 future.

Magette expires the same time as Agent 0. Even though he's in Bynum's slot Kaman is more of a tradeable asset than Mobley. Livingston could be a bonus if he comes back to normal...unlikely but worth a gamble.

The Chicago offer of Tyus/Joakim/Gordon/picsk / fillers arent' all that exciting since the pick won't even be high. There's no potential superstars in that group. Noah and Tyus are solid starters but I doubt any of them will see anall-star game. Gordon is a possiblity and the picks, good luck with that.
nosebleedbum

Postby KingKobe on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:01 am

How about the Lakers make a last ditch effort to keep Kobe :bow:

Trade Lamar & Bynum for JO and a future 1st rd pick.

If Kobe still demands to be traded at least the Lakes will still be competitive...

Assuming Kobe goes to the Bulls the Lakers should take back Deng, Joakim Noah, Tyrus Thomas, Thabo, and Joe Smith

Future Lakers..

PF - JO
F - Deng
C - Noah/Thomas
G - Thabo
PG - Critt
KingKobe

Postby LoyalLakerfan44 on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:06 am

KingKobe wrote:How about the Lakers make a last ditch effort to keep Kobe :bow:

If Kobe still demands to be traded at least the Lakes will still be competitive...

Assuming Kobe goes to the Bulls the Lakers should take back Deng, Joakim Noah, Tyrus Thomas, Thabo, and Joe Smith

Future Lakers..

PF - JO
F - Deng
C - Noah/Thomas
G - Thabo
PG - Critt

I'm afraid the bridges are already torn appart and things cannot be repaired between Kobe and Dr. Buss.
Even if they wanted to make a move on JO, Kobe would still want out! There are other things involved here that have made this situation unrepairable.
LoyalLakerfan44

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:12 am

Weezy wrote:
richsmith wrote:Hell will freeze over before Kobe signs anywhere for the MLE. He's far too money-oriented. According to Phil's book, Kobe was the sole player in the league who voted against the CBA because of the cap it put on maximum salaries.

:man10: I hadn't heard that before, wow, that's hilarious. No way he was the ONLY players in the league who voted that way for that reason though, there's tons of greedy guys in the NBA.

Oh yeah, I remember hearing that he was the only player that voted not to go back to playing ball during the lockout year.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Venti Quattro on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:16 am

KingKobe wrote:Assuming Kobe goes to the Bulls the Lakers should take back Deng, Joakim Noah, Tyrus Thomas, Thabo, and Joe Smith

I do not see the Bulls signing off on that deal. They would be losing their starting small forward, starting power forward, backup shooting guard, backup power forward, and backup center.
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Venti Quattro

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:19 am

Venti Quattro wrote:
KingKobe wrote:Assuming Kobe goes to the Bulls the Lakers should take back Deng, Joakim Noah, Tyrus Thomas, Thabo, and Joe Smith

I do not see the Bulls signing off on that deal. They would be losing their starting small forward, starting power forward, backup shooting guard, backup power forward, and backup center.

I don't think they would give us all of that either, but they would still have Hinrich, Gordon, Kobe, Big Ben, & Nocioni for starters. Still a pretty damn good team that would probably need a year to construct proper depth, but certainly a player in the East.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby lakerican on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:48 am

I think the deal JBuss wants is

KBryant
KBrown

for

LDeng
BGordon
BWallace
lakerican

Postby SignPippenNow on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:05 am

Kobe isn't going anywhere for the MLE. My point was he will want a max deal in 2 years if he opts out and who will have the money to pay him that plus be a contender? Not many and that is why it will likely end up S&T if they don't trade him and he opts out in 2 years. I don't see many scenarios where Kobe walks and Lakers get nothing. Even if he did Lakers would get capspace and that is better than some of the trades I have seen.
SignPippenNow

Postby mixtim on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:10 am

Future Lakers..

PF - JO
F - Deng
C - Noah/Thomas
G - Thabo
PG - Critt

Noah and Thomas can maybe play center in Fantasyland, not in the NBA, your future Lakers would be perennial lottery visitors
mixtim

Postby KingKobe on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:49 am

mixtim wrote:

Future Lakers..

PF - JO
F - Deng
C - Noah/Thomas
G - Thabo
PG - Critt

Noah and Thomas can maybe play center in Fantasyland, not in the NBA, your future Lakers would be perennial lottery visitors

Ahhh...ok imaginative one..

PF - Noah/Thomas
F - Deng
C - JO
G - Thabo
PG - Critt

Happy??? :bang:
KingKobe

Postby mixtim on Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:23 am

KingKobe wrote:
mixtim wrote:

Future Lakers..

PF - JO
F - Deng
C - Noah/Thomas
G - Thabo
PG - Critt

Ahhh...ok imaginative one..

PF - Noah/Thomas
F - Deng
C - JO
G - Thabo
PG - Critt

Happy??? :bang:

Not much, you can mix the spots all you want, that roster takes you directly to lottery anyway
mixtim

Postby Venti Quattro on Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:44 pm

I am listening to AM570 online right now, and according to them, Kobe Bryant has already cleared out his locker.
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Venti Quattro

Postby Radner on Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:50 pm

Kobe has lessen his stance on being traded, therefore, the front office is not in a rush to move Kobe. Quite frankly, we should wait until the trade deadline to assess the team's performance before we commit any trades. Gasol and O'Neal may be available for a slightly lower price if their teams are lottery bound.
Radner

Postby Johnnyboy on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:00 pm

^^^Not to mention the Gilbert,Baron,JO have all shown interest in the lakers via free agency next year. Why not wait till summer?
Johnnyboy

Postby flexxdzl on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:03 pm

Sky,

1.Logical deal for the lakers would be TMAC for Kobe..straight up..this give the fans something to watch ect..

Kobe goes to hu and plays with yao ..

this is even money( Kobe is better but at least Tback will help fill seats)

2. Best deal for Kobe would be to go to the MAVS..Cuban is a billionaire ..so money will be no problem and he wants to win so they will build around Kobe and also he has dirk and avery and champion ship coach...

If I am Kobe I go to the MAVS..plus I don't think he and skiles would get along..

Kobe to dallas inthe next week or 2..
flexxdzl

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:46 pm

if we trade Kobe, we WILL regret it trust me on that...yea u guys can say whatever u want about Shaq, but the reality is that he got traded and won another title within 2 yrs...

you dont trade HOFers for borderline all stars...it almost always never works out for the team that trades their superstar player...check back to the history books...kareem, wilt, barkeley, etc

whether u like it or not, Kobe IS the best player in the L and trading him to chicago WITHOUT getting Deng means handing him at least 2 or 3 more championships while the Lakers suffer in mediocrity for at least 5 yrs if not more...

I like Bynum, i really do, but if not trading him means losing Kobe, then I'm all for getting Bynum outta here along with Odom for JO...we'd still be a very deep team even after losing those 2...I just cant bare the reality that Kobe could be gone before the season opener....

Stop blaming KOBE for everything, maby if our damn ORG was proactive we would get some help on this team!
FabFourLakers

Postby KingKobe on Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:38 am

Trading Kobe is a huge mistake but it looks like it's inevitable.

Having said that...I think Houston could be the best trade partner.

Kobe & Cook for TMac, Battier, and a 1st round pick.

At least with this team the Lakers could be competitive...

PF - LO/Turiaf/Vlad
F - Battier/Luke
C - Mihm/Bynum/Kwame
G - TMac/Evans/Sasha
PG - Fisher/Critt/Farmar

I'm sure Rocket management would take that trade to team up Kobe w/Yao.
KingKobe

Postby NY_Laker_Fan on Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:09 am

The problem with any trade we all want is that it still takes two or three WILLING partners to make a trade. Chicago is clearly leaning toward keeping their own young talent and Dallas is not giving up Dirk. Living here in New York, I can tell you without a doubt that New York is one team willing to do just about anything to bring Kobe to Broadway. We also know that Phoenix has at least given serious consideration to trading Marion.

So how about this for a crazy idea:

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players:
Zach Randolph
Shawn Marion
Atlanta's 1st pick (Phoenix owns)
NY's 1st pick

Outgoing Players:
Jordan Farmar
Kwame Brown
Kobe Bryant

New York Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players
Kobe Bryant

Outgoing Players
David Lee
Nate Robinson
Fred Jones
Zach Randolph

Phoenix Trade Breakdown:

Incoming Players
Jordan Farmar
Kwame Brown
David Lee
Nate Robinson
Fred Jones

Outgoing Players
Shawn Marion

Expecting Phoenix to include their #1 is probably a bit much but the rest makes sense for all involved. Phoenix gives up Marion for a forward (Lee) who is perfect for their system. A hustling, rebounding machine who also plays defense. Plus they pick up a good, young PG to spell Nash, a big expiring contract in Kwame, and another guard who will explode in the Sun's system in Robinson.

We get TWO All-Star qualilty front line players plus at least NY's pick. A front line that includes Randolph, Marion and Odom will make noise in the West especially since PJ can go REAL big and run Crit, Odom, Bynum, Randolph and Marion all at the same time. Our biggest problem will be a lack of an experienced TWO guard but we can play Odom at guard plus Evans is still in the rotation.

And New York gets Kobe plus Kobe gets to play with an established post threat in Curry. New York would FINALLY make the playoffs with a starting five of Marbury, Kobe, Curry, Jeffries, and Richardson.
NY_Laker_Fan

Postby crucifixion on Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:45 am

That was a pretty creative trade NY Fan...can see all teams really contemplating that deal...only thing is, if Bynum starts at C, then only two of these three start upfront: Zach, Marion, Odom...so then the other one comes off the bench? That'd be odd especially if our backcourt was really weak. Actually, I could see us putting Marion or Odom at the 2, probably Marion cuz he's only 6-7 or so, so having him as a wing defender up top instead of down low could work out...but still not sure Phx gives up Marion for those pieces....I think they still would want an all star...but nonetheless, creative idea.

I'd love Kobe in NY cuz no matter what that team will still suck and so you dont have to worry about that team winning a ring.
Odom Light: Less filling, Wastes great
crucifixion

Postby LaCostaLaker on Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:01 am

Hello, first post time post here so go easy on me.

Can someone explain to me the downside of not doing any bad trades and having Kobe opt out?

Here is how I see it, correct me if I am wrong.

Any trade must include a franchise player back, period. Riley said later he would have given up Wade if the Lakers had pushed harder, so now if Cuban is saying "Dirk is untouchable" in a year is he going to be lauging saying the Lakers could have had Dirk?

I know LeBron would not be traded for Kobe. Nor Duncan. Nor Yao. Nor Dwight Howard. Probably not even Durant or Oden.

But Dirk is getting older and Cuban has always been a risk taker. If they realy want to get over the top, maybe he thinks Kobe is the guy to do it.

When I hear stuff like Chicago won't trade Deng or Dallas won't trade Dirk for Kobe I have to laugh. Why should the Lakers make a bad deal? Because Kobe is mad?

But here is my whole long winded point, if he opts out in two years and risks losing a lot of money, aren't the Lakers in a great position cap wise to go after the best free agents that year? Especially if they view it as a plan and try and get rid of Kwame, Odom, Fisher and Walton before that time to loosen up as much cap space as possible.

I just think you are better off picking and choosing what players you want in free agency rather than being dictated what second tier players contending teams want to send you for the best player in the league.

No franchise player, no deal. I am going to be hugely disappointed if the Lakers cave in.

Just my two cents.
LaCostaLaker

Postby NY_Laker_Fan on Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:03 am

^ ^ Thanks crucifixion.

Unfortunately, I am convinced that Kobe is gone ... it is just a matter of time. And I am equally convinced Chicago is not going to give up Deng who is the only player in either Chicago or Dallas that excites me (outside of Dirk, of course, who is going nowhere. And neither Chicago or Dallas is really motivated to make a deal as they are contenders with or without Kobe.

The Knicks, on the other hand, are HIGHLY motivated. They haven't had a winning season since 2000-01 and the days of the Garden selling out are long gone. Plus they desperately need a big, headline grabbing splash to get the whole sexual harassment thing off the front of the sports tabloids out here.

In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that I believe Thomas to be a complete idiot, it would surprise me if they hadn't thought of this deal.
NY_Laker_Fan

Postby crucifixion on Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:15 am

LaCostaLaker- If the Lakers let Odom walk for free too, let Kwame walk for free too, they'd still have to trade Luke, AND they would have to let Bynum walk because his extension would kick in as well.......if they did that, with letting Kobe walk, then yes, they can get whomever they want. But is freedom worth that price?

NY_Laker_Fan-I think with todays news about the Deng and Gordon low ball extensions, maybe Pax is more willing to let go of Deng and Gordon if it means he can only keep them if he gives them max deals. They already have Kirk and Ben on max or almost max deals as it is. Why pay $20M a year for Deng and Gordon when you can pay that $20M and have Kobe? So who knows
Odom Light: Less filling, Wastes great
crucifixion

Postby SSpyder on Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:49 am

The Lakers do not need to dump everyone( Kobe plus Lamar plus Bynum plus Brown plus Luke ) to sign a max free agent.

The cap should be near $60M by summer 09.

Let Kobe walk.

Trade Lamar for ending contract plus young guys on rookie deals that last past summer 09.

Resign either Kwame or Mihm to market deals. Probably in the MLE range, less if the continue to suck or continue injury prone routine.

Extend Bynum to market level extension. Maybe,if the Lakers are willing to take the risk, have him take the qualifying offer of $3.7M to be even further under the cap and sign him to a max deal in summer 2010.

Sign Turiaf to market level extension

Then you will be enough under the cap to sign a max player.

Maybe the Lakers get lucky and VladRad plays well enough this year to be able to dump him too..
SSpyder

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Blogs