skyblog: 8 Questions

Postby Salvation Armani on Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:08 pm

L4L wrote:Hey, this is coming from Golden State. It could be that their fans are undervaluing their own pieces. I don't know.

However, I have seen several knowledgable Golden State fans suggest these two trades at realgm.com:
A) Harrington, Pietrus, Ellis for Odom, Crittenton, 1st
or
B) Harrington, Pietrus, 1st for Odom

As far as B, one guy could be quoted as saying, "At the most, we'd give Harrington, Pietrus, and a 1st."

There is a widespread belief in GS that Odom would be fantastic in their system.

It's true. Up here in the Bay, Dub fans would love to have LO in Oakland. Harrington and Pietrus plus a 1st for LO - heartbeat. The way many Laker fans feel about LO being a bad fit is the same feeling the Warrior fans have for Harrington. Many Dub fans feel (and I agree with them) that Harrington does not rebound for his size, is a bad passer, who is just another 3pt shooter on a team loaded with shooters. Pietrus is getting 0 minutes so he's not a loss. The first rounder would be a late teens early 20's pick next year. Nellie would draft another Euro shooter so no big loss either.

The end result of the trades over the past year for the Warriors would be Dunleavy, Murphy, Diogu, Pietrus and a 2008 1st for Stephen Jackson and Lamar Odom. Warrior fans would be ecstatic. They get rid of two hated players in Dunleavy and Murphy and their horrible contracts, give up an undersized PF prospect that is already battling injuries and a late first rounder for a 20 pt scoring assassin and team leader in Jackson and LO who does everything that the Warriors desperately need - a rebounding PF to play along Biedrins with playmaking ability who would take the pressure off B-Diddy and Jackson and be happy giving those guys along with Ellis and Azubuke all the shots they'd like to take.

I'd buy tix for the rest of the Warrior home games, because that team with LO would be something to watch. They still wouldn't be able to match up with the Spurs or Utah, but they would feast on the Mavs, Suns, Hornets, Rockets, Nuggets or the Lakers.
Salvation Armani

Postby L4L on Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:54 pm

^^Good post. :bow:
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby broncos2242 on Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:04 pm

lol, so now we're hoping to sign Brand, but can't because we're stuck with trash like Luke and Fisher? Should have listened to me, people. It's a shame that we can't take advantage of guys like Bynum, Farmar and Crit on their rookie contracts, because we wasted all of our capspace on role players.
broncos2242

Postby L4L on Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:42 pm

broncos2242 wrote:lol, so now we're hoping to sign Brand, but can't because we're stuck with trash like Luke and Fisher? Should have listened to me, people. It's a shame that we can't take advantage of guys like Bynum, Farmar and Crit on their rookie contracts, because we wasted all of our capspace on role players.

We can't because we can't offer Brand as much money as the team who owns his bird rights. Even if we had full space for a max slot, they can pay over 20 million more.
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby The Maverick on Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:57 pm

broncos2242 wrote:lol, so now we're hoping to sign Brand, but can't because we're stuck with trash like Luke and Fisher? Should have listened to me, people. It's a shame that we can't take advantage of guys like Bynum, Farmar and Crit on their rookie contracts, because we wasted all of our capspace on role players.

You've been here a month after all those contracts have been committed to...
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby L4L on Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:36 am

What do you guys think of this deal:
L4L wrote:CHI Outgoing:
Ben Wallace (to LAL)
Victor Khyrapa (to LAL)

CHI Incoming:
Kwame Brown
Jason Maxiell
Nazr Mohammed

LAL Outgoing:
Kwame Brown (to CHI)
'08 1st (to DET)
Lamar Odom (to DET)
Chris Mihm (to DET)

LAL Incoming:
Ben Wallace
Rip Hamilton
Victor Khryapa

DET Outgoing:
Jason Maxiell (to CHI)
Nazr Mohammed (to CHI)
Rip Hamilton (to LAL)

DET Incoming:
Lamar Odom
Chris Mihm
'08 LAL 1st

Why for CHI:
-Trade Ben's contract for Nazr's contract
-Acquire a myriad of front court players to help out with their post problems
-Acquire a large expiring contract who might help out in their pursuit of Gasol, or others, while only giving up one young piece and receiving another in return

Why for DET:
-Addresses rebounding problem
-Mihm can provide a handful of points in the post, and isn't a bad offensive post player though very limited defensiely
-Many Pistons fans have been asking for a jolt to the roster, Odom could be that
-Saves money, allows them to sign Webber
-Dump Nazr's contract

Why for LAL:
-I know some LA fans don't want Wallace, but he fits the 2010 plan, and is one of the only realistic defensive anchors still available. Some say he's done, but, really, watching him play, he lacks the same energy he once played with. Uniting him with a former teammate in a winning environment could respark his former indefatigable motor. He is also far healthier than Kwame.
-A true second option who plays defense is acquired
-2010 FA plan stays in tact
-Kobe can successfully be moved to SF where Tex Winters has said he is the most effective a la Jordan in his Bull's days.

TEX’S WISH LIST FOR LAKER IMPROVEMENT

Many of the teams in the Western Conference have made moves to get better over the off-season. That, in turn, has put pressure on the Lakers.
“I don’t think we can be sure of making the playoffs without considerable improvement,” Laker consultant and longtime Phil Jackson assistant Tex Winter offered in a phone interview.
Specifically, Winter calls for four areas of improvement that will be key for 2006-07 success.
• Guard improvement. “We have to find some leadership in the backcourt,” he explained. This is not a dig at Kobe Bryant. Rather, Winter says the team needs a strong guard, which can take some of the pressure off Bryant and allow him to move to small forward. “That’s where he can be more effective,” Winter said. That’s because working at the 3 spot allows Bryant to operate behind the defense on the underside of the triangle. It could create more opportunities for quick-opening isolation looks like the Bulls used to get for Jordan.
With Bryant at the 3 spot, the Lakers will have an open-floor look that allows them to use more of the options from the triangle.
Bryant at the 3 also might make Phil Jackson more comfortable with the running game. “Phil’s got a lot of confidence in our flow game,” Winter explained. The “flow game” allows the team to use a limited break to “flow” into the triangle sets.

New line-up:
PG) Fisher 25, Farmar 20, Crittenton 3
SG) Rip Hamilton 36, Kobe Bryant 12
SF) Kobe Bryant 24, Luke Walton 20, Ariza 4
PF) Ronny Turiaf 20, VladRad 20, Wallace 8
C) Ben Wallace 23, Bynum 25
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby OC Lakerfan on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:52 am

L4L, I don't see why Detroit would do that. They already have a problem scoring points, Lamar wouldn't solve that problem. Them trading away Maxiel and Rip is for basically Odom would mean they are giving up on this season, when they feel they still have a chance to go to the Finals, especially in the East.

Great trade for the Lakers though.
"If I was Kobe," AI continues, "I'd have begged Shaq to come back, and if I was Shaq, I would've begged Kobe to come back. Ego ain't going to get you nothin' except an early exit."
OC Lakerfan

Postby Futuristic on Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:26 am

Interesting questions. 3 out of 8 question were about Odom, and the last one didn't have anything to do with the Lakers at all. At least the 8th question was cute, whatever it meant.
Futuristic

Previous

Return to Lakers Blogs