Trade Deadline

Trade Deadline

Postby thelakers4life on Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:34 am

Lakers need to improve the bench by the trade Deadline. We need a good backup center for injury prone Bynum. Paul Gasol is a great backup center but he is also a starter, and DJ gets in fouls trouble right away. Adam Morrison, Sasha Vujacic, Luke Walton, and DJ Mbenga need to be traded for some decent players that can keep a lead and give the starters a rest.
thelakers4life

Re: Trade Deadline

Postby BigCitySid on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:56 pm

Who do you have in mind, bigs don't grow on trees & Dr. Buss is waaaaay over budget. How do you expect to get this done?
BigCitySid

Postby karlv on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:02 pm

Buss isn't shy with spending money, he knows that being a contender for many years is going to cost.
If the Wizards start rebuilding before the trading deadline, Brendan Haywood would be a solid backup at center. So we could get rid off Morrison and either Mbenga or Powell. Only thing is Haywood is FA in summer and the trade would only make sense if he resigns for max. the 6m he is paid right now.
Candidates for PG are of course Cris Duhon, but I'd also say that Kirk Hinrich is an option, even though he is overpaid. Just what the Lakers need, a combo guard with a nice touch, great skills and solid defense. But the risk with getting a PG late in the season is always the question whether he'll adapt or not and the Triangle is, as we all know a complex system.
So my proposition is, trade for Haywood, offseason sign-trade Farmar with Vujacic for starting PG.
karlv

Postby Romy134 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:08 pm

lol Brenden is a good solid STARTER we could never get him in a million years >.<
Romy134

Postby Shampagni on Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:34 pm

:mad1: What is the role of a General Manager??????
Answer: IT'S TO EVALUATE THE THE TEAM AND SEE WHAT THEY NEED TO WIN!
Mitch you blew it! :man6:
1. Jordan Farmar is a streaky shooter who can't pass, and can't hit free throws. He can't defend, and he plays out of control most of the time.
2. I love Fish, but let's face it, chemistry wise he's indispensable, but he's slowing down and can't defend the quicker guards, and sometimes he gets on my last nerve when he, races down and jacks up a three with no one under the basket to rebound :disagree:
3. Shannon Brown is a work in progress, but even he, can't penetrate, and he is inconsistent, I love his defense, and eventually he should get better.
4. Sasha is the best defensive guard that the Lakers have, he's always up in his opponent's grill, and he passes better than both Farmar and Brown, he needs more playing time to get a rhythm on his shot.
5. Morrison :disagree: CHILD PLEASE!!
HISTORY Norm Nixon was a beloved guard in Los Angeles, and Jerry West traded him for Byron Scott, he got a lot of heat from the press and from the fans, me included, but it proved to be the best move for the Lakers, :man6: Mitch, why did you let the trade deadline pass without addressing one of the main problems the Lakers have, THE POINT GUARD POSITION!!!!! :bang: Cleveland got better, The Celtics got better, why couldn't we have gotten Harris from the Nets, or Caron from Washington, do you really think that we should have stood pat? REALLY!?, I mean REALLY!!!?
Shampagni

Return to Lakers Blogs