Unpossiblog: Who Is Andrew Bynum?

Unpossiblog: Who Is Andrew Bynum?

Postby unpossibl1 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:17 pm

Andrew Bynum, who are you? Are you the dominant center that we see flashes of? Or are you that other guy, the kid with that dreaded word, “potential”?

It seems that this year we may finally get some indication of what exactly the Lakers got when they drafted Bynum #10 overall three years ago. Laker fans, as well as fantasy owners, have been pleased by Bynum’s progress so far this season in limited minutes. He is finally attacking the rim aggressively and gobbling up rebounds, nearly averaging a double-double at the time of this writing.

Thanks to a series of injuries to Kwame Brown, Andrew has the opportunity to step into the spotlight and prove that the Lakers made the right decision in infamously not trading him for Jason Kidd at the trade deadline last season. I have been saying this so much lately I feel like a broken record, but if Bynum can continue to get at least 30+ minutes per game he is going to make a big impact both in real life and fantasy. Conservatively, he has the potential to average 10+ boards, at least 12 points, great percentages, and a couple of blocks. It’s that kind of production from a player that was likely claimed off waivers that can push your team over the top. Congratulations if you already grabbed him, it should be a great ride finding out just what this kid is made of.

*This is the Lakers-relevant portion of my NBA.com blog. To read the entire article, click HERE. [/quote]
Last edited by unpossibl1 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unpossibl1

Postby Perfecto on Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:25 pm

Good read. Keep it up! :jam2:
The Perfecto O Damns! Alba l Cuthbert l Beckinsale l Spears
Johansson l Rihanna l Panettiere l Baird l Cassie l Tweedy
Perfecto

Postby unpossibl1 on Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:37 pm

Perfecto wrote:Good read. Keep it up! :jam2:

Thanks man, will do.
unpossibl1

Return to Lakers Blogs