Wanted: Bloggers / Writers - BLOGS FORUM NOW OPEN!

Wanted: Bloggers / Writers - BLOGS FORUM NOW OPEN!

Postby BDG on Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:17 am

I'm really starting to lean toward closing off our current blogs section, because it's just a place for people to post their own one-liners on groundless trade ideas and brief Laker comments.

Not entertaining or productive for the site in the least.

So instead, I figure if we can round up a few of our own bloggers / writers, we can save the section.

If you are interested in writing original content for our front page, PM myself (BDG) with a sample of your work (preferably a Laker-related article).

It could be current or old. Doesn't matter -- as long as it's yours.

Above all else, it should be something entertaining and/or informative that we can all read.

Again, your material will be published on the front page.

If you don't think you'll have the time to be somewhat consistent with your writing output, I don't recommend you apply. To give you an idea . . . once a day would be absolutely fantastic, once a week would be around the minimum.

Honestly, I don't really expect anyone to do one a day, but if you can, it's definitely welcomed. Keep in mind that although, we're looking for people that will stay committed to writing, these are loose standards and definitely can be bent to fit your schedule.

Our members will be able to discuss/react to your articles when you post them in Lakers Discussion as well.

Good luck. Feel free to ask any questions here!

Note: Please don't PM staff for an update on whether or not we like your writing. We'll contact you if we do.
Last edited by BDG on Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby KermitWashington on Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:03 pm

I likes this! I will write something and send it.
http://www.lowpostnews.com/
Kobe's so good, super teams have to be created to beat him.
KermitWashington

Re: Wanted: Bloggers / Writers

Postby Lakergen on Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:23 pm

BDG wrote:I'm really starting to lean toward closing off our current blogs section, because it's just a place for people to post their own one-liners on groundless trade ideas and brief Laker comments.

Not entertaining or productive for the site in the least.

So instead, I figure if we can round up a few of our own bloggers / writers, we can save the section.

If you are interested in writing original content for our front page, PM myself (BDG) with a sample of your work (preferably a Laker-related article).

It could be current or old. Doesn't matter -- as long as it's yours.

Above all else, it should be something entertaining and/or informative that we can all read.

Again, your material will be published on the front page.

If you don't think you'll have the time to be somewhat consistent with your writing output, I don't recommend you apply. To give you an idea . . . once a day would be absolutely fantastic, once a week would be around the minimum.

Our members will be able to discuss/react to your articles when you post them in Lakers Discussion as well.

Good luck. Feel free to ask any questions here!

Note: Please don't PM staff for an update on whether or not we like your writing. We'll contact you if we do.

How many words are you looking for?
Lakergen

Postby BDG on Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:25 pm

^ There's no word limit or minimum . . . but keep in mind it has to be an article that is long enough to entertain the reader for a few minutes.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby MauriceA.J on Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:07 am

i'm all for it, you'll have the article by the end of the week-end. But what do i have to put in the PM other than the article????
Kobe, Lakers 4 Life
MauriceA.J

Postby BDG on Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:34 pm

MauriceA.J wrote:i'm all for it, you'll have the article by the end of the week-end. But what do i have to put in the PM other than the article????
We don't need much else other than the article. It would be helpful to know your schedule / how often you can contribute . . . but other than that, we're just looking for entertaining articles. :man12:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby jimbo327 on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:30 pm

I think you will have more applications if you recruit more people, but allow them to write less. Writing 1 a day seems like a second job to me, and after a long day at work, there is little time left to write anything. If you can get like 5 guys, and allow them to write like 1 article per 2 weeks each, I think you will still get very good content (1 new article for every 2-3 days) and actually have something to write about. (things need to be developed and thought out too) It should be more about content than volume. That is just my opinion. My hats off to anyone writing 1 a day.
jimbo327

Postby BDG on Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:34 pm

^ You're right jimbo. In fact, I probably didn't really word it right. I don't really expect anyone to do one a day, but if they can, it's amazing and welcomed.

I'll edit my original post. :man11:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GameTimeLaker on Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:27 pm

GameTimeLaker

Postby GameTimeLaker on Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:40 pm

lakerswiz wrote:I'm going to do this. I plan doing one a day too...I don't know if it will be through the ClubLakers site though...I'd still like them to be on here somehow, if worthy. I have breaks everyday at work and it would be great for me to get in some blogging..

That's great, you should. It isn't really time consuming, and I have this eerie feeling that it's going to get addicting.
GameTimeLaker

Postby BDG on Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:08 pm

Our new Lakers Blogs forum is now open!

Come inside and take a look at what our bloggers are writing about.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby 2Pacalypse on Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:23 pm

I'm going to recruit some new bloggers for the front page. :jam2:
2Pacalypse
<b><font color="red">Random Thread King

Postby BDG on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:29 am

Let's give a warm welcome to kobeschik24 (aka Vee) with her new blog - Vee's Spot.

:beer:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Master Zen on Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:01 pm

If everybody talked a perfect french i'll submit mine but I don't think so... :man10:
All about Lakers (French):
http://lakers.unblog.fr
Master Zen

Re: Wanted: Bloggers / Writers - BLOGS FORUM NOW OPEN!

Postby 32lakersfan on Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:36 pm

Has this position been filled?
I am a little confused, the date is old, but it is on the top list of discussions.
If it is still open I am interested.
Here is my current Laker blog.
Some content is original some is quotes.
http://lakersfan32.blogspot.com/
32lakersfan

Postby yonkon on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:19 am

what am i write?
To visit kicknike.com buy KOBE MVP shoes. High quality and lower price.
yonkon

Postby jgr5555 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:45 pm

I'm new at the blog game so bear with this entry. I'm simply trying at this point to let as many people know of this extraordinary "fan-crafted" awe-inspiring, Laker memorabilia as possible...hoping that the I can eventually find it a worthy home.

I am diligently in pursuit of the premier Laker fan/memorabilia collector that is worthy of something I put together after the season that included the likes of Karl Malone and Gary Payton (2003 - 2004). With this in mind, I would greatly appreciate any assistance anyone out there can provide relative to bringing the underlying information to the right person's attention.

Please allow me to convey what I think is a one-of-a-kind Laker collectible that will astonish and mesmerize anyone that sees it. The Laker mural herein referred to is, first of all, some 20 feet long by 7.5 feet high. It consists of 18 white foam boards (approx. 1/8" thick), each being 40" x 30". The mural is comprised of these 18 boards arranged like a puzzle in 3 rows consisting of 6 boards each. Each display board has various post and pre Laker game newspaper article pictorial cutouts from both the LA Times and the OC Register. The entire dramatic season is magnificently displayed (to reiterate, every single regular season and post season game is pictorially depicted in some fashion), from Shaq's dunks to Kobe's athletic genius; not to mention Karl Malone's intensity and Gary Payton's grit. Even Phil Jackson is duly represented often, along with all the other Laker players in various photographs individually and meticulously cut out of each article after every Laker game during the regular season and playoffs (Please allow me to emphasize that only the players within each individual picture, along with the basket and ball are included within each cutout). As mentioned, all the boards fit like a puzzle into a particular spot, respectively, numbered from 1 through 18:

1st Row: Board #’s 1 – 6

2nd Row: Board #’s 7 – 12

3rd Row: Board #’s 13 – 18

Additionally, color has been added to the black and white shots for added visual appeal. Frankly, words can never quite do this piece of work justice. One truly needs to see it to believe it. Just a crazy idea that I went overboard with, and as a result, managed to create the ultimate eye candy and conversation piece for the most avid of Laker's Fans. Hopefully, I've adequately described the piece, as it's not the easiest thing to convey.

I am only interested in offering this to someone as maniacal about the Lakers as I am. I have never to date extended an offer to anyone, but would love to see it displayed somewhere worthy of something so extraordinarily unique.

My phone number is 949/690-2060. Please feel free to call me ASAP to discuss in further detail.

LAKERS4life,

Jeff Ratajczak
jgr5555

Postby thkthebest on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:28 am

Is the position still available?
thkthebest

Postby Kobeb on Wed May 26, 2010 3:05 pm

is this still available
if Kobe ballin, we all ballin
Kobe T-ShirtImage
Kobeb

Postby idrinkhaterade on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:42 am

I can contribute articles from my site.
http://idrinkhaterade.wordpress.com
idrinkhaterade

Return to The Graveyard