"Wrist" huh?

"Wrist" huh?

Postby GameTimeLaker on Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:39 pm

There is no passion left, I truly believe that, at least not with the Lakers. In fact, there's nothing that allows me to think otherwise at this point. Oh how calculated it seems with this sudden wrist injury. Bryant may be hurt but it isn't physical pain. To think Mr. Hard Working, Mr. Will Power, Mr. Never Quit would sit out after his atrocious performances thus far in pre-season is ludicrous.

Here's a guy who pride's himself on proving the world wrong. Finally having all of his nay sayers bow to the ground and kiss his feet. He wants everyone to mention him in the same breath as Jordan, so don't be fooled when he states otherwise. Kobe wants to shove his greatness into the faces of every media hack who ever wrote negative thing's about him. If that isn't already the obvious, it is now.

I can't quite justify why he isn't feeling that way right now. People can't stop talking about him. Every 10 minute's there's a new update. Kobe traded to Houston, Kobe traded to Chicago, Kobe traded to the Pistons, Kobe to join the NFL. It's absolutely insane. But it's calculated, only because Kobe has already concluded that he no longer wants to be a Los Angeles Laker. In the perfect Kobe world, he would have played against the Kings on Thursday and scored 50 points to show everyone that he is ready. Maybe give everyone a sigh of relief.

But he isn't doing it. He's doing quite the opposite. I want to believe that everything he does is for the betterment of the organization, but I just don't see it. I can't quite conclude that at the moment. Whether he's traded now, or gone in two years, fact is, he's gone. It's over, it's done, no more, zero, zilch, good bye Kobe, thanks for the memories, say hi to Jay Mariotti for me. The era could be coming to an end, and it's ironic that both Kobe and Shaq will have been 3 years seperated from being traded. 3 years....after 3 consecutive championships, what a shame.
Are You A Suns Fan?
Are You Depressed?
Need Help?
Call Us Now On 1-800 10 10 10
That's 1-800 Won Nothing Won Nothing Won Nothing
GameTimeLaker

Postby Radner on Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:52 pm

People are really paranoid in Lakerland. :man10:

There's nothing to be worried about. Kobe is resting for the season opener.
Radner

Postby GameTimeLaker on Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:07 pm

JK --

Can you honestly say that Kobe has been "normal" through the pre-season? He seemed depressed at training camp, he seems depressed now. In fact, he's been depressed since the team got knocked out of the first round this year.

I'm not playing devil's advocate, I'm simply stating what I see. All we ever hear are trade rumors, and where there's smoke there's fire.
Are You A Suns Fan?
Are You Depressed?
Need Help?
GameTimeLaker

Postby trodgers on Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:27 pm

Kobe's absolutely not in an ideal frame of mind for basketball. I agree with that. But where there's smoke there's smoke. And only sometimes is there fire.

I cannot believe that he would fake an injury. I cannot believe that if it's a minor thing he would miss a game that's important. I just think Kobe has given us every indication, time and time again, that he is not about THOSE games. When it comes to getting on the court and doing what he can, Kobe's integrity cannot be questioned.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Punk-101 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:13 pm

Im trying really hard to only see smoke and no fire. Im trying really hard to think back to previous preseasons to remember kobe's effort and attitude (hopefully this is how he always is). True, his frame of mind is definitely in an altered state, understandably. However, what i see from him really looks like "F this team. I dont give a F!" I am a rational thinker, and have considered the scenarios and weighed kobe's psyche considerably into the equation, but i still see this. I REALLY hope im wrong.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby GameTimeLaker on Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:21 pm

trodgers wrote:Kobe's absolutely not in an ideal frame of mind for basketball. I agree with that. But where there's smoke there's smoke. And only sometimes is there fire.

I cannot believe that he would fake an injury. I cannot believe that if it's a minor thing he would miss a game that's important. I just think Kobe has given us every indication, time and time again, that he is not about THOSE games. When it comes to getting on the court and doing what he can, Kobe's integrity cannot be questioned.

What do you think matters more to him at this point, worrying about what the front office and fans are going to think if he fakes an injury and sits out, or trying this hardest to get the trade he's been pushing for the past 5 months?

I would think the latter, especially given the current heath of the team and question marks behind Lamar, Luke, and even Kwame. It's all question marks with him. He doesn't see a constant, he see's pieces but doesn't quite understand how they fit to his ultimate goal of being the GOAT.

I'm a big Bynum guy, but he's also a question. Phil resigning is a question, the FO upgrading the roster is a question. While to some degree I could see his frustration, I don't think abusing your power as a player is any way to solve it.
Are You A Suns Fan?
Are You Depressed?
Need Help?
GameTimeLaker

Postby GameTimeLaker on Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:22 pm

Punk-101 wrote:Im trying really hard to only see smoke and no fire. Im trying really hard to think back to previous preseasons to remember kobe's effort and attitude (hopefully this is how he always is). True, his frame of mind is definitely in an altered state, understandably. However, what i see from him really looks like "F this team. I dont give a F!" I am a rational thinker, and have considered the scenarios and weighed kobe's psyche considerably into the equation, but i still see this. I REALLY hope im wrong.

I hope I'm wrong too, I would like to be proven wrong. Kobe is the King of proving people wrong, but it seems as though he's more frustrated now then he's every been his entire career.

This summer's turmoil seems to be the last straw...
Are You A Suns Fan?
Are You Depressed?
Need Help?
GameTimeLaker

Return to Lakers Blogs