2003 Free Agents

Postby ZenMaster on Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:25 am

Dayam, I forgot all about Adrian Griffin...another guy who can hustle, rebound and do all the little things to help his team win...good call CL :jam2:
ZenMaster

Re: 2003 Free Agents

Postby nbajunkie on Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:49 am

I think Arenas would be good with the Lakers!! We need someone who will be a role player
nbajunkie

Postby clublakers on Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:36 am

I think Arenas would be good with the Lakers!! We need someone who will be a role player

Agree with the 2nd part of that, but I don't see Arenas as a role player. In the last game of the season Arenas shut out Jamison and Richardson and took it upon himself to score practically every time down. Yes, this is only one example, but I think Arenas could be a bigger factor on a team than the Lakers require to run the triangle offense.

DFish is the ultimate role player PG. He manages the triangle offense, doesn't turn it over, hits his open threes, plays bulldog D, he's polite to the refs and he doesn't chew his food with his mouth open. What more could we ask for?
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 17, 2003 12:18 am

How about some offensive consistency? More aggression? I love Derek, but it is time we got a guy to start and bring Derek off the bench, then he is an AMAZING bencher and will have an advantage over MOST teams bench PG (except for Dallas with Van Exel and Sacto with B-Jax)

Here is MY graphical representation of our ideal REALISTIC roster:

First Team:
ImageImageImageImageImage<br>

The Bench Mob:

The Left Overs:
ImageImage<br>

Injured Reserve:
Image<br>
Last edited by Snakell Beast on Sat May 17, 2003 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snakell Beast

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 17, 2003 1:38 am

Here is how we get that lineup. First off, we swing the trade we shunned at the deadline last year...sending Horry, Madsen and Rush to Atlanta for Ratliff and Terry. Then we sign Adrian Griffin with the LLE and Juwan Howard with the MLE. Then, with the vet minimum, we promise Alonzo 20 minutes a game via 15 behind Shaq and 5 as the third string PF and thus lure him for a ring to LA. Pretty easy to do and suddenly we have a relatively young, EXTREMELY ALL AROUND DOMINANT team. EVERY PLAYER, with the slight exception of Pargo and Slava, is capable of scoring AND defending really well. We could even add Piatkowski as insurance for Rick Fox in case he doesn't recover quickly, and swap Griffin back to SF till Fox comes back...
Snakell Beast

Postby Danny Ainge on Sat May 17, 2003 2:35 pm

Heres my team for next year

Starters
ImageImageImageImageImage

Bench
ImageImageImageImageImage

Extras
ImageImage

IR
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Danny Ainge on Sat May 17, 2003 2:43 pm

Okay Y'all let me break it down for ya.

First we sign Lucious Harris who will play good defense. Sign Zo Mourning who will provide good backup support to O'neal. Sign Gary Payton, the glove will certainly add a third scorer and a great defender. Trade Kareem Rush and both 2003 draft picks to Memphis in exchange for Stro Swift who can provide energy on the glass. Restructure Horrys contract so he can remain a Laker. And last sign Scottie Pippen who will provide veteran leadership at both ends.
Danny Ainge

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun May 18, 2003 1:32 pm

That is a possibility, but since Pippen is going for the money (he has 6 rings, needs not a 7th) and Horry needs rest, we get Adrian Griffin instead of SP and drop (for the regular season) Horry to third string. Then our roster looks like this:

First Team:

The Bench Mob:

The Left Overs:
ImageImage<br>

Injured Reserve:
Image<br>
Snakell Beast

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun May 18, 2003 1:51 pm

Nice idea with the pics. guys.

I love Luke's game and can possibly be our point gurad of the future.
PF is a toss between Clark and Brown.

I love the Michael Redd trade. Hopefully it is a reality.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun May 18, 2003 7:13 pm

heres my line up.

starters:

gilber arenas
kobe bryant
devean george
pj brown
shaq.

bench
rick fox
derek fisher
maurice taylor
travis outlaw (rookie) http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/travisoutlaw.htm
dale davis
janero pargo
slava medvedenko
darius rice (rookie) http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/dariusrice.htm

heres how:
first trade RUSH and pick 24 to move up in the draft and pick up Travis Outlaw (projected in the teens). Trade Horry to Houston to reunite him with his ailing daughter and we get Maurice Taylor(injury prone) but should get less abuse with Shaq anchoring the ship. Dump so sorry Walker and use that money to obtain Gilbert Arenas (he's from Van Nuys). Now, since Buss is in such a mood to spend maybe he can give Shaq some more help. He can spend cash on PJ BROWN for the min (thats if he wants a ring). Any extra cash left over maybe we can get Dale Davis... I hope...

I don't think we need a true point guard so I wouldn't trade to get LUKE. We need tall athletic players who can SWITCH everytime on Defense. Travis Outlaw a (Darius Miles) type player and phsique. Supposely, one of the best athletes in college. How does Darius RICE sound with the 32nd pick. He's 6"10" can shoot however lacks the speed but makes up with quickness. They compare him to a Glen Rice but this kid has more height. Maybe a Laker gem with a late pick. Jerry Rice's nephew.

Kobe is our true MVP
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 19, 2003 1:42 pm

I like the starting lineup, but the reserves are too old and too green...
Snakell Beast

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu May 29, 2003 7:11 pm

I do like Travis Outlaw but he is way to skinny. If he can get up to 225 then I'll be satisfied.
Danny Ainge

Postby Reddy on Fri May 30, 2003 5:50 am

Danny Ainge wrote:I do like Travis Outlaw but he is way to skinny. If he can get up to 225 then I'll be satisfied.

gain weight? :man3: :man4:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Dejaman on Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:45 am

Luke Ridenour? The point guard of our future??? Yeah right, we might as well as get Dan Dickau. How about giving Rex Walters another shot at the point, or maybe Bryce Drew or let's bring back good ol' Scott Brooks.

Stop dreaming!

And stop mentioning Luke and the Lakers in the same breath.
We already have a token white guy.
Dejaman

Postby zetaw00d on Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:04 pm

Houston Chronicle: The Rockets took the first step toward keeping free-agent forward James Posey by extending a qualifying offer of $2.445 million, general manager Carroll Dawson said Monday.

The move allows the Rockets to match other offers Posey could receive from other teams as a free agent next month. Posey averaged 9.3 points in 58 games with the Rockets after he was acquired from Denver.

"There is an interest in re-signing him," Dawson said. "The qualifying offer allows us to have the right of first refusal."

Posey could accept that offer, but agent Mark Bartlestein would not say what sort of contract would be necessary to sign Posey.

"He likes Houston very much," Bartlestein said. "It's where he makes home, and he enjoyed playing for the Rockets. He enjoyed playing for Rudy (Tomjanovich) and is really excited about playing for Jeff (Van Gundy). Obviously, I don't know financially where they're going to be, what the Rockets are thinking."
zetaw00d

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion