4th of july one year ago.........

4th of july one year ago.........

Postby rockorego on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:04 am

we receive steve nash and everyone in laker land was soooo thrilled!!!!!! :freak2: BUT, will we receive good news this time around????
rockorego

Re: 4th of july one year ago.........

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:10 am

I somehow doubt we'll hear anything today.

Hopefully it'll be news about Pau moving. If not, then there's probably not much news.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Basketball Fan on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:57 am

Can't be worse than the one 10 years ago when Kobe was arrested.
Basketball Fan

Postby Pig Miller on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:59 am

therealdeal wrote:I somehow doubt we'll hear anything today.

Hopefully it'll be news about Pau moving. If not, then there's probably not much news.

if we hear this today, then i'm reassured that D12 is staying
Pig Miller

Postby kakafung on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:19 am

Pig Miller wrote:

but that's not enough ,honestly
i hope this thread would be put up in next year :man6:
kakafung

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:24 am

Pig Miller wrote:

If I hear Pau is moved for a young piece from a team that's clearly rebuilding, then yes I'll also assume Dwight is staying.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby snackdaddy on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:58 am

My gut feeling is Howard will sign with Houston. If that happens, I might be a little disappointed. He's still the best center in the league by default. There aren't many good centers out there. But he's no Shaq, Kareem or Wilt. It won't be that big a loss, IMO.

He doesn't fit what it takes to be a Laker. He can't handle that kind of pressure. If he doesn't sign with the Lakers, then its time to dump salaries, give up 2013 and reload for 2014.
snackdaddy

Postby Weezy on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:04 pm

I don't think we hear anything today other than maybe some tweets about what good BBQ or hot dogs some of our players had, maybe some fireworks pics.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:25 pm

snackdaddy wrote:My gut feeling is Howard will sign with Houston. If that happens, I might be a little disappointed. He's still the best center in the league by default. There aren't many good centers out there. But he's no Shaq, Kareem or Wilt. It won't be that big a loss, IMO.

He doesn't fit what it takes to be a Laker. He can't handle that kind of pressure. If he doesn't sign with the Lakers, then its time to dump salaries, give up 2013 and reload for 2014.

i also have a feeling dwight is going to houston. buckle up folks, it could be a rough couple of years
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby The Laker Link on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:38 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:
snackdaddy wrote:My gut feeling is Howard will sign with Houston. If that happens, I might be a little disappointed. He's still the best center in the league by default. There aren't many good centers out there. But he's no Shaq, Kareem or Wilt. It won't be that big a loss, IMO.

i also have a feeling dwight is going to houston. buckle up folks, it could be a rough couple of years

In one way it would be bad, but I would look a little optimistically still to next summer. Yeah, there might not be a huge appeal because there isn't really anyone but maybe Kobe, but I feel like the LAKERS name still has enough of a draw that maybe we could get someone.

Is Kevin Love a FA next summer because I would love to see the Lakers get John Wall next year and Kevin Love and start over essentially. That would be nice.

Also I think things will just fall into place that we could get a lottery and that would be cool. Trading Pau for more picks would be nice too. I think it would be cool to get Jabari or Wiggins and then others if we literally have no other chance at anything else. Maybe that draws some people too. Play with a really good rookie and get some other good names too.

Wait and see I guess.
The Laker Link

Return to Lakers Discussion