7th Seed!! We're comin' for you San Antonio

Re: 7th Seed!! We're comin' for you San Antonio

Postby Phat$haq on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:43 am

Doc Brown wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:I feel like this disrespect for the Spurs is going to bite us in the a**...

It's not like D12, Pau and the guys are on here posting about the Spurs. As long as they take them seriously, then whatever happens happens.

I always go all :freak2: whenever I see someone say crazy stuff like that. As if postings on a forum have anything to do with the actual game. :freak2:
Basketball is my religion. Staples Center is my temple. Kobe Bryant is my leader. Laker fans are my brothers.
Phat$haq

Postby SublimeAnarky on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:22 am

denimPortugal wrote:
boquilla wrote:Whiteboard in Lakers locker room.

THIS!!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

so proud of our boys !!!! bring on the spurs ! Impossible not to ride this high into Sunday.. i think we steal one early ! :man9:
SublimeAnarky

Postby Chopper on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:29 am

MusixFinest wrote:Road to the Championship will go through San Antonio, Denver, Memphis, and New York. Book it. :man12: :man10:

LOL, that would be awesome. The two biggest markets in the Finals. It would be an epic show!
Chopper

Postby jlkr on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:04 am

Have to hope Tony Parker has 4 bad games in the next 7 or Lakers are home for the summer. As that guy goes, so go the Spurs. If he tears up the Lakers' PGs, Spurs are going to be difficult to beat at best. Count on Pop to vastly out-gameplan MDA.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby Nikez on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:36 am

This really makes kobes injury that much more depressing. I feel like if he was playing we would have a chance at a championship, or at least make it past the first 2 rounds.
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:41 am

Nikez wrote:This really makes kobes injury that much more depressing. I feel like if he was playing we would have a chance at a championship, or at least make it past the first 2 rounds.

It sets in for all of us, but it kind of put an end to what kind of season this was. Like, putting it out of our miseries.

This season was a flop from the get-go. Anything from here on out is gravy imo. We made the playoffs, we saved some face. Now just let it all out the court and fight like they have the last 5 games. As long as we fight through each game, I wouldn't be as disappointed.

Some fans of other teams would walk away, or not even try. But we have expectations of this team because we've been spoiled with success, but rightfully so. To have come this far with this teams adversity? Give it to this team. Let's bring it.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:34 pm

Nikez wrote:This really makes kobes injury that much more depressing. I feel like if he was playing we would have a chance at a championship, or at least make it past the first 2 rounds.

I feel like we still do.. Nash/Pau/Dwight possibly MWP will be as good as we've seen without Kobe in the game. I'm not saying we're better without Kobe, but teams have to come up with a whole new gameplan against us, & we still have the weapons to beat anyone.
lakersin4

Postby jlkr on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Kobe isn't being missed on the defensive end of the floor nearly as much as he is missed on the offensive end. No one should have missed that the Lakers shot in the mid-30's in both games and won on their defense doing its job a lot better than the offense. BTW, Ginobili returned to the floor last night and looked alright in 12 minutes. Bad news if both he and Parker come close to their old form. I like Howard/Gasol vs Duncan/Splitter but their guards are a lot better if they can overcome their own injury issues. The Lakers' defense and rebounding are going to be the only things that keep them in the games given their inability to generate offense that shoots better than 36%. Here's hoping Nash can not only get back on the floor but also look something like his old self. Blake can handle the ball, Nash spaces the floor as a shooter, that will save Nash some wear.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby Forward Three on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:30 pm

Certainly the most favorable first round matchup that the Lakers could have hoped for. HCA vs Denver would have been a bust, and OKC tends to dismantle our team. Spurs are right in the pocket though, arguably very similar in that they are older, veteran, effective but not necessarily dominant, they obviously had a much better season than we did, but they've also recently been hit by injuries.

Lakers certainly have a 'shot', that is greater than what we could otherwise have expected, I don't know if it is a particularly great one, but you never know, stranger things have happened in the sports world. I think this team, even with essentially D-leaguers in Morris and Goudelock playing heavy minutes, can get through most of a game just fine if they are hitting their shots. What I question the most are the late-game situations as well as the defensive intensity. But at least the Lakers have actually shown they are capable of defensive intensity in the past few games.
Forward Three

Postby Finwë on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:35 pm

Glad we made the playoffs, and facing the Spurs is much better than facing the Thunder.
Having said that, my expectations aren't that high, I don't think SAS will choke that much and actually go out in the first round.
Regardless, damn proud of this final stretch (28-12 to finish, 8 of 9 to close it out) and the effort everyone put in, from Pau back to playing great, Kobe literally breaking down his body in an effort to help the team, Dwight looking like a FORCE, Blake taking over the PG reigns in Nash's absence, and guys not letting not letting up when their leader went down.

Now it's onto SA, and it'll certainly be a tough one. Hope we can keep playing with tenacious effort, especially on D, seriously take advantage on our "towering beasts" as someone here posted lol, and let us enjoy some damn good hard basketball.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Finwë wrote:Glad we made the playoffs, and facing the Spurs is much better than facing the Thunder.
Having said that, my expectations aren't that high, I don't think SAS will choke that much and actually go out in the first round.
Regardless, damn proud of this final stretch (28-12 to finish, 8 of 9 to close it out) and the effort everyone put in, from Pau back to playing great, Kobe literally breaking down his body in an effort to help the team, Dwight looking like a FORCE, Blake taking over the PG reigns in Nash's absence, and guys not letting not letting up when their leader went down.

Now it's onto SA, and it'll certainly be a tough one. Hope we can keep playing with tenacious effort, especially on D, seriously take advantage on our "towering beasts" as someone here posted lol, and let us enjoy some damn good hard basketball.

^^ Great post Finwë
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby JGC on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
Finwë wrote:Glad we made the playoffs, and facing the Spurs is much better than facing the Thunder.

^^ Great post Finwë

Seconded. I think a lot of us have learned, through this season, not to take anything for granted. Posts like this are my favorite. Optimistic, but very aware of the real challenge ahead.
JGC

Postby noobiew on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:18 am

:disagree:

Go get them and please shock the world Lakers !
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Maluco Beleza on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:19 am

anyone who thinks lakers will win are over their heads.
and if they do win it will be a major upset
Maluco Beleza

Postby khmrP on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:52 am

Maluco Beleza wrote:anyone who thinks lakers will win are over their heads.

khmrP

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:34 am

are you even a laker fan?
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby JGC on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:52 am

lakerfan2 wrote:

Why? Maybe he thinks the Lakers are going to lose. That's ok.

As long as he doesn't HOPE the Lakers lose. I don't get why you have to think the Lakers will win everything every year to be a Laker fan.
JGC

Postby therealdeal on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:14 am

JGC wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:

As long as he doesn't HOPE the Lakers lose. I don't get why you have to think the Lakers will win everything every year to be a Laker fan.

Why? Maybe he thinks the Lakers are going to win this series. That's okay.

As long as he isn't SAYING the Lakers are going to win it all. I don't get why you have to think that he's insinuating the Lakers will win everything every year and that's what it takes to be a Laker fan.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:45 am

JGC wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:

I asked if he was a fan.

There's a difference between being a realist, and being a fan. Fan's give their team the benefit of the doubt. You're questioning the wrong person here.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion