i actualy feel kind of relieved...kind of

i actualy feel kind of relieved...kind of

Postby OG on Thu May 15, 2003 11:19 pm

From the beginning of this season, it had been apparent the Lakers were in trouble. It has been a season from hell. in all honesty, i senced it wasnt there from the beginning. i just didnt actualy expect this thing to end, especialy not how it did. We didnt have the bench and i knew it. so now we get to aquire a meaningful bench and im kind of relieved because of it. even though im torn in peices right now, im glad its over.

but this topic offers a new line of hope and motivation. i am one to believe the days of the Lakers running the league are far from over.

We reload the entire bench around Kobe and Shaq and you instantly have a championship team....all over again. Mabie this one will consist of Kobe carrying us to 3 staright and mabie a 4th.

Somthing realy struck me in tonight's game. It was Shaq. everyone expected him to have a monster game of like 41 points and 20 rebounds. Instead we get a regular season type game from Shaq. it was almost as if he didnt try. Like he had no motivation for an elimination game....period. and that was the difference. Shaq was no where near the Shaq of game 6 in that possible elimination game in game 6 of last year's WCF. Thats the Shaq we needed.

As a matter of fact, i saw video footage of the lakers last 3 championship runs, and if you look back to the first one, Shaq was so quick, so athletic, so dominating and so motivated, its just sad how it has slowly deminished over the past 4 years, buts thats another topic for another time as this loss was far from his fault. mabie all of that could come back for Shaq if his motivation would.

But its all behind us now. no excuses, no blame, no taking anything back......its all over and done. all we can do is reload our bench get this thing rolling again. you guys act like the dynasty is done. Its just beginning. we cant win every year. but read my words, we will be back next year, with a definant change at power forward and needed help at the point guard position. bench help is also a priority. a defensive mind set is the major change the Lakers will HAVE to make. but all is good because with a good supporting cast surrounding Shaq and Kobe, we are looking at many more championships to come, imeadiatly. WE DONT HAVE TO REBUILD. ITS OK GUYS. THE DYNASTY IS FAR FROM OVER. kobe said in a very serious and sure voice that he doesnt ever ever ever want to feel like this aghat possible elimination game in game 6 of last year's WCF. Thats the Shaq we needed.

As a matter of fact, i saw video footage of the lakers last 3 championship runs, and if you look back to the first one, Shaq was so quick, so athletic, so dominating and so motivated, its just sad how it has slowly deminished over the past 4 years, buts thats another topic for another time as this loss was far from his fault. mabie all of that could come back for Shaq if his motivation would.

But its all behind us now. no excuses, no blame, no taking anything back......its all over and done. all we can do is reload our bench get this thing rolling again. you guys act like the dynasty is done. Its just beginning. we cant win every year. but read my words, we will be back next year, with a definant change at power forward and needed help at the point guard position. bench help is also a priority. a defensive mind set is the major change the Lakers will HAVE to make. but all is good because with a good supporting cast surrounding Shaq and Kobe, we are looking at many more championships to come, imeadiatly. WE DONT HAVE TO REBUILD. ITS OK GUYS. THE DYNASTY IS FAR FROM OVER. kobe said in a very serious and sure voice that he doesnt ever ever ever want to feel like this again......and i belive him. I never want to feel like this again, i hate this feeling.....just like kobe said.

Remember the Bulls? their first three peat was just the beginning. When they lost, everyone expected them back, and they did not dissapoint. I believe Phil Jackson will look back to his model of success in Chicago and put togather a similar type of formula.

I think Kobe took this huge loss personaly, and he will be back to personaly correct it in a huge way. untill next year when we go 70-12 and 16-0 in the playoffs, keep your head's up.
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 11:25 pm

In a way I understand. I'm relieved cuz the season is over, cuz all good things must come to an end at some stage of life. But it's not the end, it's just the start of a new beginning. Shaq didn't even look right out there. It was like he didn't even wanna try, or he couldn't go on any longer. They gotta work their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off in the off season. They gotta continue to have that drive and motivation that got them the past 3 rings. And with that they gotta play each game as if its their last, and dominate!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Fri May 16, 2003 1:43 pm

ma words bro
go lakers!
we owe chick one!
go kobe
kobe was mad
furious
he wont feel it again
and yeah
dam did kobe look so serious when he said he didnt wanna feel the feelign again
look for the record breakign lakers next season
we will win for the many seasons to come
just like the bulls baby! :man1:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 3:41 pm

Yea... we still owe Chicky baby a ring!!
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion