So we all clap for a day and switch focus back to LA

So we all clap for a day and switch focus back to LA

Postby OG on Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:39 pm

San Antonio, in paticular David Robinson, caps off an electrifying NBA Season going out in style. Not only do the Spurs win the best regular season record, the coach of the year award, and the 2nd consecutive Regular season MVP's for its star, they more importanly take home the 2003 NBA Championship, and to no suprise, Dunkin takes home the award that sets you at a level above all others, the Finals MVP. 2 championships in 5 years has proven their deservence to be held among the greatest teams of today. It solidifies them as the absolute greatest heading into defending their championship next year and gives them that magical championship poise. All so fitting for departing great David Robinson after an envious 14 year career. So we all clap for a day but soon our focus must switch from that emptiness and hurt all of we Lakers fans who so clearly remember the satisfaction and pleasure of having our team and Superman be recognized as the world's greatest, to looking forward to a quickly developing Kobe Bryant and a rededicated Shaq.

Sure we will have some pretty signifficant changes around the two stars but ultimantly this thing will only steamroll back to the top around those two stars. Sure Tim Dunkin steped up to take Shaq's spot but the reaction that you are gonna see from Shaquille O'Neil next year you will never forget. This Lakers team holds the two most marketable stars in the NBA and now, unfortunantly, share the top elchon with NBA Champ Tim Dunkin. I know Shaq will move to seperate himself once again next year but climbing that mountian one more time should be the Lakers ultimant goal.

Sure this all hurts, very very bad. To have even Bill Walton replace Shaq with Tim Dunkin is not only angering but to have everyone else foolow suite just drives a steak right through your gut. Its like its twisting and it realy sucks...just to see that championship being held up by someone other than LA and the Finals MVP to be out of the hands of Shaq, its all very tough to deal with. Now i wont be able to sleep tonight without a sort of anxiety and a head filled with thoughts of what could have been. Im used to tears of joy this time of year and feeling such an overwhealming amount of satisfaction...i just felt on top of the world. But for the first time in 4 years, its somthing different. Its a forgien feeling and in the words of Kobe, "i dont want to ever feel like this again.".

But all good things must end sometime before they can restart again and with the two best players in the league you can bet your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] we will be back. So once again, we all clap for a day, but then we must get down to business and get back what only seems right in LA...the NBA Championship!
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Re: So we all clap for a day and switch focus back to LA

Postby spurfanatic50 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:36 pm

OG wrote:San Antonio, in paticular David Robinson, caps off an electrifying NBA Season going out in style. Not only do the Spurs win the best regular season record, the coach of the year award, and the 2nd consecutive Regular season MVP's for its star, they more importanly take home the 2003 NBA Championship, and to no suprise, Dunkin takes home the award that sets you at a level above all others, the Finals MVP. 2 championships in 5 years has proven their deservence to be held among the greatest teams of today. It solidifies them as the absolute greatest heading into defending their championship next year and gives them that magical championship poise. All so fitting for departing great David Robinson after an envious 14 year career. So we all clap for a day but soon our focus must switch from that emptiness and hurt all of we Lakers fans who so clearly remember the satisfaction and pleasure of having our team and Superman be recognized as the world's greatest, to looking forward to a quickly developing Kobe Bryant and a rededicated Shaq.

Sure we will have some pretty signifficant changes around the two stars but ultimantly this thing will only steamroll back to the top around those two stars. Sure Tim Dunkin steped up to take Shaq's spot but the reaction that you are gonna see from Shaquille O'Neil next year you will never forget. This Lakers team holds the two most marketable stars in the NBA and now, unfortunantly, share the top elchon with NBA Champ Tim Dunkin. I know Shaq will move to seperate himself once again next year but climbing that mountian one more time should be the Lakers ultimant goal.

Sure this all hurts, very very bad. To have even Bill Walton replace Shaq with Tim Dunkin is not only angering but to have everyone else foolow suite just drives a steak right through your gut. Its like its twisting and it realy sucks...just to see that championship being held up by someone other than LA and the Finals MVP to be out of the hands of Shaq, its all very tough to deal with. Now i wont be able to sleep tonight without a sort of anxiety and a head filled with thoughts of what could have been. Im used to tears of joy this time of year and feeling such an overwhealming amount of satisfaction...i just felt on top of the world. But for the first time in 4 years, its somthing different. Its a forgien feeling and in the words of Kobe, "i dont want to ever feel like this again.".

But all good things must end sometime before they can restart again and with the two best players in the league you can bet your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] we will be back. So once again, we all clap for a day, but then we must get down to business and get back what only seems right in LA...the NBA Championship!

Does this remove the asterisk?????????????????????????
spurfanatic50

Postby BDG on Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:54 pm

Yes it does remove the asterisk. The Spurs got it this year. On the other hand, you need to remove a few of those ?'s. We get the point with one, playa. You really should register, especially with the Lakers and Spurs always putting on exciting games against each other.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:53 am

It doesn't remove the asterick for the 98-99 season, if that's what u mean... But they did win this season, finally in an 82 game season... Great job, and well I tip mah hat to them for bein champs again... We took the throne from them after their lil' title in 99 for the next 3 years, and hey, they returned the favor... But it's great to see Robinson retiring a champ, that's a way to end his career... Even though I don't like him for not givin Shaq and autograph way back when, they still eliminated us in 99, and in 03 to become the champs, which is aight...
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion