All 5 starters in double figs

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:30 pm

Now that's what I'm talkin about! Fish, Horry and Georger stepped up today, that's why we won by 30!! LMAO! But n e way, it was pretty neck and neck at th1 1st, but we took over from there... B-Shaw baby!! YEA! Now that's teamwork! :man13:
LakersGyrl2003

All 5

Postby Guest on Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:27 am

I agree. I really think Fisher came out with the scorers mentality. He was determined to get his shots off in 1st quarter. Give credit to Kobe for recognizing the flow the team was in and deffering to all of them in 1st half. Then when everyone was trying to stop Fish, George, Horry, and Shaq, Kobe did his thing.

By the way, that dunk was DISGUSTING! I'm stationed in the UK, so I get up at 2:30 am to watch the games and I'm sure I woke up all my neighbors. Hey Garnett, leave the lid up next time Kobe gets ready to flush on you!

Postby MONIE32373 on Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:51 am

NOW, WHERE ARE ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO LEFT FISH AND ROB OUT TO DRY. I SEEM TO REMEMBER MANY POSTINGS PUTTING BOTH THESE GUYS DOWN AND SAYING THEY NEEDED TO BE REPALCED. JUST BECUSE THEY ARE NOT ON TOP OF THE WORLD EVERY NITE SHOULDN'T ALLOW US TO JUMP ALL OVER THEM. THEY ALWAYS STEP UP FOR BIG GAMES AND BIG PLAYS :bow: AND GET THINGS DONE. ALL OF THE LAKERS HAVE HAD THEIR SHARE OF VERY BAD GAMES, BUT THEY STILL KNOW WHEN AND HOW TO WIN. SO NEXT SERIES, WHEN FISH GOES 1 FOR 9 OR ROB LOOKS LIKE HE STAYED ON THE BUS, REMEMBER THEY WILL BE BACK AND WILL MAKE YOU EAT EVERY LAST WORD. :soapbox:
MONIE32373

Re: All 5 starters in double figs

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:05 am

MONIE32373 wrote:NOW, WHERE ARE ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO LEFT FISH AND ROB OUT TO DRY. I SEEM TO REMEMBER MANY POSTINGS PUTTING BOTH THESE GUYS DOWN AND SAYING THEY NEEDED TO BE REPALCED. JUST BECUSE THEY ARE NOT ON TOP OF THE WORLD EVERY NITE SHOULDN'T ALLOW US TO JUMP ALL OVER THEM. THEY ALWAYS STEP UP FOR BIG GAMES AND BIG PLAYS :bow: AND GET THINGS DONE. ALL OF THE LAKERS HAVE HAD THEIR SHARE OF VERY BAD GAMES, BUT THEY STILL KNOW WHEN AND HOW TO WIN. SO NEXT SERIES, WHEN FISH GOES 1 FOR 9 OR ROB LOOKS LIKE HE STAYED ON THE BUS, REMEMBER THEY WILL BE BACK AND WILL MAKE YOU EAT EVERY LAST WORD. :soapbox:

Thank you! I don't like it when people here down Fish and Rob. Yet when they step up and start playin better, they back down. See at any given tyme players can step it up a notch and give a better game. But this game boosted their confidence, and now it's back to Staples!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby MIKEDOG on Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:01 pm

I will again repeat myself...These two players do not have any business starting!!! regardless of how good they do in a couple of games throughout the season!!! The Lakers need to improve at both the PG and the PF position, period!!! Because DFish makes the open shots that he should be making anyway and the fact that he finally figured out that he needs to go over the pick not under it resulting in some decent defense on a scrub like Hudson that he should be shutting down anyway!!!! That is the biggest problem with Fish his inconsistancy. And for Horry I am glad to see him come out of that 0 for 16 slump he was in, but that does not mean I think that he has what it takes to be a starting PF in on this Laker team especially in the Western Conf. I love Horry but at the most he needs to take a pay cut and take his spot on the bench so that we can bring in a solid Pf who can get in there and bang!! So I hope this is crystal clear! Because I am excited about the win in no way means that I have changed my opinion of a couple of players and there abilities!!
MIKEDOG

Postby MONIE32373 on Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:11 pm

So I hope this is crystal clear!

The only thing clear is that you still have not put down that bottle of hater-aide you've been sippin on. :spineyes: Yeah, they have had a few not so good games, but when they have good games, the Lakers win. I'm sure in your world when you make a statement it is "crystal clear", but here we all see the game how we see it, and D fish and Rob are valuable to the Lakers. They both have been here for all 3 rings and have champion hearts. That's like saying Jordan's not worth anything he ever did because of this last season he played. Just jump on the band wagon and pretend you weren't riding Horry's jock when he sank that 3 against Sac and won the game. I could sit here all day naming the many times I'm sure there names were leaving your mouth because of there play, so don't pretend like you have used them all up and no longer have any use for them beause they are not playing to the standards that you have now set :soapbox:
MONIE32373

Postby Reddy on Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:21 pm

My way
ofseeing it:
when we are like this: EVERYONE GREAT ON THE PICKPOCKETING AND OFFENSE
lakers wil win
PERIOD
Derek fisher is the HOTTEST 3 POINT NBA PLAYOFFS 2003 SHOOTER
HE HAS 19 MADE TREYS THATS THE LEAGUE HIGH
REMEMBE RGUYS, HE PICKS THE POSCKETS TOO
TEH ROLE PLAYERS AER STEPPING UP NOW
THATS GREAT