ALL TIME CHAMPIONS ARE???

ALL TIME CHAMPIONS ARE???

Postby mazter_roshi on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:02 pm

Imagine if there could be a tournament. In Conference finals the west its the Lakers from the 80's VS the lakers from now. In the east its the Celtics from the 60's and the Bulls from the 90's. Who do you think would have won it all? Anyone dare to take this question on? Please explain why you chose who you chose.
mazter_roshi

Postby Bulls Fan on Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:16 pm

of course I am going to be partial...but it would have to be the 1995-1996 Chicago Bulls....Micheal Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and Dennis Rodman...all in their prime pretty much....72-10 record...(they could have went 74-8 but they benced all their first sting the last 4 or 5 games).

I think those 3 alone could have taken on the NBA that year. It was the perfect team with the perfect coach. You couldnt ask for much better. The only team I can think of that would have been able to compete would have to be the 69-13 showtime lakers.

That season, the Bulls had simply PERFECTED the Triangle system and Jordan was just amazing. ahhh memories....now i hope we make it to the playoffs in the next 2-5 years. my how things change.
Bulls Fan

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:30 pm

I would have to say the all time great is the celtics because of their grand total when it comes to championships...but look who's a close second and will soon eclipse that total...yes your very own Lakers with 14 total championships compared to the celtics 17 (I believe those are the numbers) Anyways, considering the competition back then, the Celtics probably couldn't pull out all those wins against teams in this age. In the late 80s and 90s the Bulls were simply the best, building from all those classic battles between LA, Boston, and Detriot. I feel the 80s had to be the best era for basketball....it was so competitive and full of drama. The Millenium Lakers were...or should I say are....clearly the best to date. When you take into consideration the great competition of teams, and that the Lakers three-peated with competition like this through the league definitely places them among the best. If...or should i say when....they continue to win from here on out, they will have dominated the millenium, the way the bulls dominated the 90s. According to the way competition and the game of basketball is right now, the Lakers and last decade's Bulls are the top teams right now.....but Boston is the all-winningest. The Lakers will soon take over that mark, which will make them the best, hands down. As for the best all around player: Kobe, most dominating and influential player: duhhh...Shaq, most winningest coach: Phil Jackson, and soon to be most winningest franchise: Los Angeles Lakers.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:42 pm

You want to know eh? Go here -- http://www.whatifsports.com/nba/default.asp

You can choose any team from any era, put them up against eachtoher, and then it will realistically sim the game for you. Box score, stats, it's all there. You gotta check it out... Go find out who would win...

:man12:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Bulls Fan on Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:48 am

95-96 Chicago Bulls - 88
00-01 LA Lakers - 86

MJ - 38
Scottie - 23

Kobe - 27
Shaq -29

close game...must have been a Jordan buzzer shot...

(too bad the results change everytime you redo it...)
Bulls Fan

Return to Lakers Discussion