ALONZO MOURNING CLEAR TO PLAY NEXT SEASON

ALONZO MOURNING CLEAR TO PLAY NEXT SEASON

Postby Lakers4Ever on Fri May 09, 2003 4:15 pm

What do you guys think about getting Zo? We could post him in the PF position alongside w/ Shaq. Your thoughts?
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Danny Ainge on Fri May 09, 2003 5:26 pm

I'm not so fond of that idea. I feel we need an energetic PF like Stro Swift in order to bring some power to the glass. I don't know if Y'all have noticed but we are getting killed on the boards against most teams.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Golde Child on Fri May 09, 2003 6:31 pm

I agree forget the oldies and bring in the goodies. Stro a awesome player if has the right team and coach. Hes a leaper, shot blocker and can hit the boards and still develop a KobeBall style game.

Young and not the Restless.

No gurantees with Alonzo's health.

And to all the basketball experts that bash the Lakers lets not forget who
is on every players jersey and gear. Every team has a Laker on thier backs. Jerry West. NBA is the franchise of Lakers
Golde Child

Postby Danny Ainge on Sun May 11, 2003 10:27 am

Damn Straight G.C. :jam2:
Danny Ainge

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue May 13, 2003 10:49 am

What we could do is resign Horry with the Vet minumum, restructure D-Fish and Fox's contracts and use that money to sign Alonzo as our back up center and reserve PF. Then we dump Mark Madsen and Samaki Walker and Sign Karl Malone and PJ Brown with the slit mid level exception. Then we get a good PG from the draft or free agency...

Derek Fisher / (whomever) / Janerro Pargo
Kobe Bryant / Kareem Rush
Devean George / Rick Fox
Karl Malone / PJ Brown / Robert Horry / Slava Medvedenko
Shaquille O'neal / Alonzo Mourning

Then, depending on who we need in the front or backcourt, we de-activate either Slava or Pargo for the playoffs...

PS - the reason I keep slava is because he has the most all around ability of our former PFs...
Snakell Beast

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed May 14, 2003 4:18 pm

Hey why did I not see Arenas on that list?
Danny Ainge

Postby GoldenEye on Thu May 15, 2003 1:07 am

Forget :bang: They will all go for the middle or for more buckets ... as usual :mad1:
GoldenEye

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 16, 2003 11:00 pm

You'll see, we will get some quality players like GP and Malone. People now see that we are getting worse without other talent and NEED new blood and that they won't be stealing one with us but rather helping us reach that championship level...
Snakell Beast

Postby Danny Ainge on Sat May 17, 2003 8:29 pm

I think that very idea may have finally gotten through Mitch Kupchak's thick skull and maybe we might see some quality talent next year.
Danny Ainge

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 17, 2003 10:23 pm

Hopefully he will be aggressive and go after the free agents...
Snakell Beast

Zo

Postby Chick-n-Stew on Sun May 18, 2003 9:59 am

His legs should be fresher than most players his age, but how good a shape is he in.
I'd like to find out in a Lakers jersey

Go Lakers
Chick-n-Stew

Malone is long a tooth

Postby Chick-n-Stew on Sun May 18, 2003 10:12 am

Karl would be a quick fix. He might even help bring a new ring. I'm not so sure he could get along with Shaq unless he sucks up his ego for the ring.
Go Lakers
Chick-n-Stew

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun May 18, 2003 11:23 am

Whether it is Karl, P.J, Alonzo, Juwan, or Keon Clark. We need to get atleast 2 players form this list. We need to get stronger and taller in the front court. That was evident from the last series when Shaq needed some help in the paint.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Chick-n-Stew on Sun May 18, 2003 12:15 pm

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:Whether it is Karl, P.J, Alonzo, Juwan, or Keon Clark. We need to get atleast 2 players form this list. We need to get stronger and taller in the front court. That was evident from the last series when Shaq needed some help in the paint.

Absolutley. 2 are needed. Look at the Mavs front court. Thats why I like Malone, he can hoist up the outside shot and hit em. Mourning would make a nice PF with Malone at SF. We could own the boards. I wouldn't mind seeing J Kidd wearing purple and gold either, but all that is too much to ask.

GO LAKERS
Chick-n-Stew

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun May 18, 2003 1:20 pm

I say we go after Keon or Alonzo as #2 PFs and Shaq's backup (to replace Madsen's role) and sign Juwan Howard or Karl Malone to replace Samaki Walker's original starting role. Then keep Slava (at the current 1.4 mil) and Horry (for the minimum) and we have four talented PFs to play with shaq. We will own the boards that way and we will have great shot blocking!
Snakell Beast

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun May 18, 2003 1:26 pm

Alonzo will be a nice back up for Shaq. He doesn't have to play big minutes so that he can rest up and get stronger during the regular season and get primed for the playoff. P.J is a safe gamble, because he does not have health issues like Alonzo and tall and strong enough to guard the PF of the West. I'm not sure if Karl can guard Duncan and Garnett.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun May 18, 2003 2:24 pm

Are you joking? He only needs to score within 10 of them and keep them from dominating the boards via strength and box out skills. Believe me, with Karl Malone next to Shaq, he gets better rebounding and shot blocking and it makes it easier for him to score. Remember how easily Shaq was scoring when Slava was hitting his shots in the first half of game 6? Imagine if he had a PF that was at least that oggd every game and was often better than that most nights...:yikes:
Snakell Beast

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun May 18, 2003 4:04 pm

Hey, I just love the game P.J brings. No flash, just straight hustle and determination. Rebounds like heck, plays strong defense, and a good character player. He doesn't need the recognition, just the pleasure of getting the job done. You have your opinions and I got mine. I know that Karl's outside J will keep people from consistently D-teaming Shaq, and I'm not going to argue with that. I just love the attitude the P.J brings. If it was me I'll take them both, with the individual skills they both have.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun May 18, 2003 4:42 pm

If I had only one pick I rather get PJ Brown. He is what.... 27 years old. He is 6'11" and plays hard nose defense.... thanks to Pat Riley. PJ is also and enforcer. If we do that "NO LAY UP RULE" which the Lakers had in the 80's I can see PJ Brown and Fox enforcing it. I don't think we need points from our PF we just need good hard nose DEFENSE and PJ Brown can get up close and personal to the DUNCANs and Garnetts maybe even getting in their head (much like RODMAN).

I also like Malone but he has some mileage on those legs. Remember, he was the mailman and the tread on those tires are wearing awfully thin.

Mourning would have been a perfect pick-up lets say ..... 4 years ago. I just can't see him playing as the ZO I once remembered. Remember how Sean Elliot is playing .... cautious .... cause he only has one kidney. I see Zo playing the same way.... which is probably best for his health.

Keon Clark is a better than average player it shows with SAC being eliminated. If he was that good he should of stepped in WEBBERS absence. I would still get him if he signs for the minimum but as a 6th man.

Robert Horry's glory days are behind him. I think we squeezed every ounce of game left in him and it showed in his game. His daughters health issues didn't help much either. Ship him Houston and possibly get Maurice Taylor. They make the same amount of money.

Lates

Kobe is our MVP
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun May 18, 2003 6:30 pm

Here, I will quote myself from my article...

Alonzo Mourning, Maybe the most far out one of all my decisions, but I think ‘Zo would be a great pickup. I mean, anyone can pick up this guy, but imagine putting this big man on the Lakers. A perfect center for the Lakers by contributing massive rebounding ability, and inside scoring. I think Mourning could be great to this team. Please Mitch, check this guy out, watch for him.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 19, 2003 1:40 pm

First of all, Karl Malone is an iron man. How many games has he missed due to injury? (I'll give you a hint, it is in the single digits) and when you compare that with the other options @ PF like PJ (injury prone) and Mo Tayolr (injured every season) you start to realize that maybe we should get someone who we can COUNT ON to relieve pressure from Shaq, give us leadership when he is on the floor without Shaq, guarantee us he won't get injured and play defense / rebound. HMMM...looks like only 1 veteran best of his position all-time future hall of famer fits the bill....

And one more thing, I need to seriously address this "he needs to score 20ppg" myth about Malone. He has said he is willing to play until he is 45 to get the record (that is exactly 8 ppg for 5 years) and that he wants to go to a team where he doesn't need to carry them. His four rumored main options are San Antonio, Sacramento, Dallas and Los Angeles. Which of those teams would be willing to give him optimum minutes? Which of those teams would NEED him? On which of those teams is he most likely going to be able to win a championship and score the 14 ppg for 3 seasons neccessary for him to get the scoring record?

YEP! YOu guessed it, Frank Stallone...(that means the Lakers)
Snakell Beast

Return to Lakers Discussion