Analyzing Game 5...

Analyzing Game 5...

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue May 13, 2003 10:41 pm

First off, I have firgured out the equation to win.

GOOD START = Win
BAD START = Loss

Can the Lakers not screw themselves in the 1st half of every game they play? Horrible running of the offense, lazy defense, and stupid desicion making. On the other hand, some of the best ball the Spurs can play. Lakers need to start good, or they will again, end bad... And this time, it's a permenent bad...

Now before fans, haters, and bw hoppers start critisizing Robert Horry. I would have ran the same play to get the ball into his hands. He missed a shot, the series does run on. Horry has done so much for this organization that him missing this shot did not make me mad at all, but just frusterated. He knew he could have hit it, Kobe knew, we all knew. But I guess that ratio 9/10 times finnaly showed itself, and Mr. Clutch missed one... Don't worry Horry, I'm glad the ball was in your hands, great shot. You'll hit um next time, mark my words...

Shaq played with no sense of urgency at all. It's almost like he was in another game. And of course the HIGHLY CONTREVERSAL technical was crap. Last time I checked, a player taunting another player is a technical, and I would do the same thing if 3 guys were hanging on me - Shake them off. Lastly, 20 Pts. from the big fella? Well remember how all the Sacramento fans have the infamous slogan - "Remember Game 6"? Well I do remember, and in this game 6, I expect Shaq to dominate the court, with 40+ Pts. Don't worry the big fella is angry now, watch for him...

Lastly, the role players were there, with an incredible comeback. Slava should play more in the beggining as he had a big 2nd half helping bring the Lakers back into it. Shaw hit a couple shots, but missed a few too. No biggie, again, Shaw & Horry have been struggling a bit, is game 6 their breakthrough game? Yes it will be... Again, mark my words on this one...

And with San Antonio blowing a 16 point lead speaks in itself. They hopefully won't be so lucky that a shot rolls out for them to win if and when they blow the lead like this again. If the Lakers get to a good start, they will win the game. It's as simple as that...

One more factor, how many bad desicions did Kobe make? 6 or 8 or 11? In the 4th quarter he made so many it was incredible they came back. Phil will allow Kobe to realize and witness these mistakes, so they will be fixed next time. This makes me really happy to know Kobe's desicion making was way off, his play good, and they just litteraly "rattled away" from a win. Expect Kobe to dominate with his smart game iging on me - Shake them off. Lastly, 20 Pts. from the big fella? Well remember how all the Sacramento fans have the infamous slogan - "Remember Game 6"? Well I do remember, and in this game 6, I expect Shaq to dominate the court, with 40+ Pts. Don't worry the big fella is angry now, watch for him...

Lastly, the role players were there, with an incredible comeback. Slava should play more in the beggining as he had a big 2nd half helping bring the Lakers back into it. Shaw hit a couple shots, but missed a few too. No biggie, again, Shaw & Horry have been struggling a bit, is game 6 their breakthrough game? Yes it will be... Again, mark my words on this one...

And with San Antonio blowing a 16 point lead speaks in itself. They hopefully won't be so lucky that a shot rolls out for them to win if and when they blow the lead like this again. If the Lakers get to a good start, they will win the game. It's as simple as that...

One more factor, how many bad desicions did Kobe make? 6 or 8 or 11? In the 4th quarter he made so many it was incredible they came back. Phil will allow Kobe to realize and witness these mistakes, so they will be fixed next time. This makes me really happy to know Kobe's desicion making was way off, his play good, and they just litteraly "rattled away" from a win. Expect Kobe to dominate with his smart game in game 6...

Now again I ask you all, do you believe? Or do you turn against? The choice is yours, but remember game 6! Now I know what the Sac Towners were trying to tell us, Shaq and the Lakers will take over, win the game, and get ready for a tough, tough, Game 7 at San Antonio, keep the faith my friends, keep the faith...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 13, 2003 10:49 pm

I've been a fan, and it aint ever gonna change!!! I still have faith, and I'm not gonna turn the other cheek to witness what I thought would never happen... I'm not like that, yet I do realise a defeat... The Spurs played their hearts out in the beginning of the game, and the Lakers played crappy. Even if they dont get the calls they want, they should just go on, and get back defensivly, which is most important... The ones who compain about calles, are hurting the team, cuz the Spurs are runnin it on the break while those who compain are there still in the backcourt complaining waiting for an outlet pass or something... All they gotta do is like what u said!! Just play the 1st minutes of the game incredible, and I believe they can do that for the next two games... Our backs are against the wall, and they are in a situation where their destiny is in the hands of the ones who execute the plays.... Come on Lakers!! Play the game, and play ur hearts out!!! This is win or go home!!!! :mad1:
LakersGyrl2003

Remember last year?

Postby Chick_H on Tue May 13, 2003 11:20 pm

Remember when the Lakers were in the same boat last year with Sac?
They went up to Queensville and took the game 7 from them. If we get game 6, its the same deal all over again. After what they showed us tonight, a game 7 in SA doesnt scare me at all. Taking 3 straight from SA is a tall order, you have to admit that, but they almost did it.
This team showed alot of charater tonight. Im still buzzin from it.
Its been a hell of a series so far. Game 6 Thursday!! The rollercoaster begins at 5pm!
Chick_H

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 13, 2003 11:32 pm

Hell yea!! I remember it all, like if it was yesterday!!
LakersGyrl2003

Re: Analyzing Game 5...

Postby shaqass on Wed May 14, 2003 12:52 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Shaq played with no sense of urgency at all. It's almost like he was in another game.... Lastly, 20 Pts. from the big fella? Well remember how all the Sacramento fans have the infamous slogan - "Remember Game 6"? Well I do remember, and in this game 6, I expect Shaq to dominate the court, with 40+ Pts. Don't worry the big fella is angry now, watch for him...

Now again I ask you all, do you believe? ...

As in game 4 Shaq was not Shaq. Stop saying that he try to stay out of fault trouble. Even if he would have scored 30pts/20R during game 3 and 4 I would continue to say that Shaq is not Shaq. It's not only the way he play or the stats, it is something else. Like if he has something else in mind. I watched recently some games of last year playoff and his body language was way different that today. What's the problem? Don't know. But sure I still believe and more than ever. Even if we were to lose this year, I will still believe. This team is incredible, not only because of the skills but as well because of the people themself. Lakers haters can say whatever they want. This team is humain. From the fight between Shaq and Kobe to 3peat. From the Madsen Dance to Oneal surgery. From Phil's heart to George playing injured. From Chick to the lucky play followed by a tremendous 3pt by Horry. From the birth of Shaq's and Kobe's baby to Fox absence. From 2-3 against the Queen to Horry's missing shoot yesterday. This is a great team but as well great human people. It why we love them, it's why they make us cry, laugh and dream, it's why we will win the next two and it's why we are fan whatever happen.
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed May 14, 2003 1:00 am

ALL THAT I'VE GOT TO SAY IS THIS:

PARGO :: KOBE :: SHAW :: MEDVENDENKO :: SHAQ
or
PARGO :: FISHER :: KOBE :: MEDVENDENKO :: SHAQ

PERIOD!!

KEEP THEM IN THE GOD DAMN GAME AND WE HAVE A LINEUP!!
ROTATE GEORGE, MADSEN, RUSH, AND WALKER.

ALSO WHAT THE HELL WAS UP W/ ALL THE BAD DECISIONS BY KOBE??? THERE WERE NUMEROUS TIMES THAT HE WOULD PICK N ROLL W/ SLAVA AND WOULDN'T PASS IT TO HIM!! HE WAS SO FRIGGIN WIDE OPEN SO MANY TIMES THRU THAT PICK N ROLL!!!! WE COULD'VE WON THE GAME IF IT WEREN'T FOR KOBE'S BALL HOGGING!! AND PLS DON'T TELL ME THAT HE WASNT HOGGING THE BALL IN THE 4TH!! I MEAN YEA HE MADE A FEW GOOD SHOTS, BUT OTHER THAN THAT, HE LEFT TEAMMATES IN THE DUST, PASSING UP AN OPEN TEAMMATE, ONLY TO FORCE UP A BAD SHOT!! PHIL DO SOMETHING, THIS GUY IS ALWAYS TRYING TO BE A HERO!! ARGGGGGHH!!!
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed May 14, 2003 6:51 am

Yes in game 6, they need to get the role players involved from the get go... It's going to be a tough, tough game...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 14, 2003 10:23 am

Kobe made about 5 bad decisions late in the game, but he also made about 4 of the most crucial three pointers in the game as well and he was the guy that got Horry that open shot at the end, so he knows how to manage a game and still be able to take heat checks without losing the game. I agree that if he had hit Slava or Shaq on a few of those plays we could have been ahead at the end, but if Horry hadn't given up that concession basket and if the refs had called the foul on Bruce Bowen, we would have been ahead at the end. I blame Horry and the officials more than Kobe...
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed May 14, 2003 2:32 pm

Kobe made about 5 bad decisions late in the game, but he also made about 4 of the most crucial three pointers in the game as well and he was the guy that got Horry that open shot at the end, so he knows how to manage a game and still be able to take heat checks without losing the game.

Yes this is very good knowing that we missed 10 points (5 bad desicions), because you know Kobe will review what he did wrong, and not let it happen again... The game was a great comeback, and they still played bad crawling back into it... Does that make sense?
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Return to Lakers Discussion