6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Re: Andrew Goudelock back with the Lakers

Postby Finwë on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:02 pm

last stand wrote:he's better than splinter, who i was hoping wouldn't see any time

splinter?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:07 pm

Finwë wrote:
last stand wrote:he's better than splinter, who i was hoping wouldn't see any time

splinter?

darius morris
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Finwë on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:17 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:
Finwë wrote:

splinter?

darius morris

why?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby revgen on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:25 pm

Thankfully, Parker was playing like crap today, so San Antonio had no closer in the 4th quarter.

Where we miss Kobe the most is when we don't have a "go to guy" in the 4th. As much as I appreciate Dwight's opinion about "we don't need to worry about offense", having a closer in the 4th quarter is essential. The last team to win a championship without a closer was the Detroit Pistons in 2004. I liked our defense tonight, but I don't see our defense ever reaching 2004 Pistons level on a consistent basis.

Having a player like Glock who can create his own shot, even if he is a midget who can't play a lick of D, is essential if we're going to compete to win in the playoffs. Will Glock have the mentality to deliver under pressure? Who knows. Cross our fingers.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:36 pm

Finwë wrote:
lakersyunowin wrote:
Finwë wrote:

splinter?

darius morris

why?

i think he's insinuating he looks like a rat (splinter is the rat from teenage mutant ninja turtles)
lakersyunowin

Postby Finwë on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:49 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:
Finwë wrote:
lakersyunowin wrote:
Finwë wrote:

splinter?

darius morris

why?

i think he's insinuating he looks like a rat (splinter is the rat from teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Ah, ok

:man10:
Finwë

Postby khmrP on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:09 pm

^^^looks more like Dumbo 2.0 to me to bad he doesn't have those same skills as Farmar did.
khmrP

Postby jlkr on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:36 pm

Rooscooter wrote:
jlkr wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:
jlkr wrote:Be happy with 6-10 pts and don't give up too much at the other end.

Careful..... being realistic will get the Mod's ridiculing you with cute pictures...... :man10:

I already have a "cute" picture. Consider me ridiculed ..... :man10:

Funny.... I always pictured you older..... :man10:

What's wrong with you young whippersnappers? Especially those playing tongue tunes ..... :man10:
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby Center Court on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:37 pm

revgen wrote:Thankfully, Parker was playing like crap today, so San Antonio had no closer in the 4th quarter.

Where we miss Kobe the most is when we don't have a "go to guy" in the 4th. As much as I appreciate Dwight's opinion about "we don't need to worry about offense", having a closer in the 4th quarter is essential. The last team to win a championship without a closer was the Detroit Pistons in 2004. I liked our defense tonight, but I don't see our defense ever reaching 2004 Pistons level on a consistent basis.

Having a player like Glock who can create his own shot, even if he is a midget who can't play a lick of D, is essential if we're going to compete to win in the playoffs. Will Glock have the mentality to deliver under pressure? Who knows. Cross our fingers.

While Kobe is that GO TO guy, one of the best ever, we do have Nash who IMO is extremely clutch.

I don't know if we'll see him or not this season, but if we make the playoffs, he is a very important factor.
Center Court

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:47 pm

having nash as a go to 4th quarter person is more than enough. having pau or dwight in the post to do something there or pass out of that is good too. having no kobe essentially means no championship but we can still do damage in the playoffs against the right opponents i feel.

but having no kobe we all know what that means deep down
Ariza3

Postby revgen on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:10 am

I love Nash, but the dude is a pass-first guy. Always has been. Can he create his own shot? Sure, but players always revert to their natural instinct under pressure. Glock may have improved his playmaking in the d-league, but we all know he's a gunner at heart. His natural instinct is to create his own shot and shoot the ball under pressure. That's not Nash's mentality and it never will be.

The only time I've ever felt genuinely sorry for an opposing player after winning a playoff series was watching Nash crying in the locker room after his team lost to us in the 2010 WCF's. So many times he lead his team to the WCF and he could never take them past that point. Partially because his teams stunk defensively and partially because they didn't have a closer, so it fell on him to do it. He came here to LA to win a chip and play alongside a player who can take that kind of pressure off of him in the 4th quarter. Watching him breaking down in a locker room one time was one too many for me. I'm not sure if Glock is the kind of guy who can do it, but I'd rather he did it than watch Nash try it again.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:59 am

I bet Pringles gets damp at practice watching Mini Mamba with his floaters and bombs. Looks like in the YouTube of the 40 point game his handles are a little better too? Should be quicker if 15 lbs lighter. Wonder if, and who he might get subbed in for though to be given a shot against Houston. Morris looked pretty good on D for his limited minutes. Would have to be Duhon if Dan does it? What's our best lineup to give him a look out there? Dwight for sure needs to be in the game to have his back.
LTLakerFan

Postby khmrP on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:10 am

hopefully Minn wins and we're not under alot of pressure to win on Weds, maybe that way Glock can get some burn.
khmrP

Re: Lakers thinking about bringing back Mini Mamba

Postby purp n gold on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:37 am

lakersyunowin wrote:ride dat floater to the finals!

:man10:

:jam2:
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:39 am

I want to see him on the court when teams are in full double D12 mode. Green was just running at D12 as soon as he got the ball. We need to make teams pay for doing that.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:43 am

Doc Brown wrote:I want to see him on the court when teams are in full double D12 mode. Green was just running at D12 as soon as he got the ball. We need to make teams pay for doing that.

It's too bad D'Antoni didn't have him all year because there's no reason for him to get burn right now. I don't blame MDA for being cautious about the kid.

But for sure, when we're leaning on D12 and the doubles start coming I'd like to see Blake, Glock, Jamison, and Clark on the court.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby ragesince1516 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:07 am

Center Court wrote:
revgen wrote:Thankfully, Parker was playing like crap today, so San Antonio had no closer in the 4th quarter.

While Kobe is that GO TO guy, one of the best ever, we do have Nash who IMO is extremely clutch.

I don't know if we'll see him or not this season, but if we make the playoffs, he is a very important factor.

Yeah when he was with Phoenix that P&R used to kill us. Hopefully we'll see a lot of that now.
As good as anybody, much much better than most.
ragesince1516

Postby Rolln300 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:20 pm

I think he should get a shot in the beginning of the game when he may be a big help making an early run and getting a lead. The kid may have really stepped up his game playing in the D league and I agree with other posters. He is better that Duhon and Morris.
Rolln300

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:02 pm

Well he deserves a shot, the question is when.

Do we just inject him into the lineup and ask him to be our scorer? That's difficult to do. He's still undersized and defense was never his strong suit.

I think the minutes he should be getting are Duhon's in the last game. Just a real flash of time out there where he might be able to do a couple of things, but really he's just getting rest for our other players.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:58 pm

i don't know that he should start, but i really think he needs to see some time on the court seeing as how it's our last regular season game. if you're not gonna trust him in that game, how are you gonna trust him in the playoffs?

it's a difficult situation for everyone. it'll be harder to prove himself in limited minutes.
lakersyunowin

Postby karacha on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:16 pm

I can't wait to see Glock abuse Wade in the finals.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:30 pm

Who cares if the Spurs signed T-Mac. We're (G)locked and loaded. If we happen to draw the Spurs in round 1, I'd thoroughly enjoy a shootout between the two just for amusement purposes.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby The Rock on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:51 pm

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/324609198262464512

D'Antoni on Goudelock: "The plan is to use him ... We'll see how the game goes, but he's ready to play. He looks good ... He's fearless"

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion