Andrew Goudelock Discussion

Re: Andrew Goudelock back with the Lakers

Postby XXIV on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:07 pm

Can't wait to see him out there. :jam2:
XXIV

Postby karacha on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Good. At least MDA is sort of open to this. Hopefully the kid will see some minutes tonight, if things are going well. We could definitely use him in the playoffs... just need to make the playoffs first.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:11 pm

The Rock wrote:https://twitter.com/mcten/status/324609198262464512

D'Antoni on Goudelock: "The plan is to use him ... We'll see how the game goes, but he's ready to play. He looks good ... He's fearless"

good I'm glad someone posted this
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby The Rock on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:16 pm

I hope Glock's handles have improved, even though HOU is bad defensive team they pressure the hell out of the ball and gamble for steals

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JLaker17 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:25 pm

Wonder if he gets any playing time tonight...
JLaker17

Postby Weezy on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:48 pm

Thank you 'Antoni, all I want to see is him get a shot. If he can't hang he can't hang, but he deserves the chance, he cannot be worse than Duhon.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:52 pm

I'm not really a fan of Glock. I know we need bodies right now, so I can't complain. He just doesn't seem like NBA level talent, IMO
dwighthowardsdad

Postby XXIV on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:58 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:I'm not really a fan of Glock. I know we need bodies right now, so I can't complain. He just doesn't seem like NBA level talent, IMO

Offensively he can play in the NBA, but from we've seen from him last season he needs a lot of work defensively.
XXIV

Postby denimPortugal on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:00 pm

I like his floater!!

Let's Go 'G-Lock'! :jam2:
denimPortugal

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:03 pm

XXIV wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:I'm not really a fan of Glock. I know we need bodies right now, so I can't complain. He just doesn't seem like NBA level talent, IMO

Offensively he can play in the NBA, but from we've seen from him last season he needs a lot of work defensively.

He's just too small, the same way Meeks is for a SG. Guys like Tony Allen, Manu will eat him alive.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:24 pm

MDA saw him shoot in practice, went in the bathroom, knocked one out and now Glock is in line for 20+ minutes tonight with the biggest green light in sports entertainment history.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Yeah, he's useless.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby McLaren on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:14 pm

Would someone please indulge my curiosity as to why G-Lock isn't playing?
McLaren

Postby karacha on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:32 pm

McLaren wrote:Would someone please indulge my curiosity as to why G-Lock isn't playing?

Because Morris is a star.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:01 pm

McLaren wrote:Would someone please indulge my curiosity as to why G-Lock isn't playing?

Basically, he just played like someone who didn't play all season. Passive, lost...

Why didn't they play duhon or ebanks is the real question.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:04 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:

Basically, he just played like someone who didn't play all season. Passive, lost...

Why didn't they play duhon or ebanks is the real question.

wth, did you forget Duhon horrendous performance against the Spurs?
khmrP

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:11 pm

When he didn't have to go stand in the corner and had the rock in his hands he is another guy that has enough skills to get himself some kind of a shot though or create something. Had a nice floater from a ways out and a J he created space for, where neither went in but they were good shots.
LTLakerFan

Postby khmrP on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:42 am

I dont watch the extra's on TWC, just the games but do they show practice? I wish I could see the difference between Glock and Meeks out there from the perimiter. At this point if we need a floor spacer just for the sake of it but doesn't actually make any shots, why not give Glock a try starting? Even if he doesn't know the play he can just stand at the 3pt line, its not like Meeks is cutting and creating opportunity for himself.
khmrP

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:50 am

khmrP wrote:I dont watch the extra's on TWC, just the games but do they show practice? I wish I could see the difference between Glock and Meeks out there from the perimiter. At this point if we need a floor spacer just for the sake of it but doesn't actually make any shots, why not give Glock a try starting? Even if he doesn't know the play he can just stand at the 3pt line, its not like Meeks is cutting and creating opportunity for himself.

I think we should push Blake to the 2:

Run:

Nash
Blake
Metta
Pau
Howard

Meeks
Clark
Jamison
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby khmrP on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:52 am

lakerfan2 wrote:
khmrP wrote:I dont watch the extra's on TWC, just the games but do they show practice? I wish I could see the difference between Glock and Meeks out there from the perimiter. At this point if we need a floor spacer just for the sake of it but doesn't actually make any shots, why not give Glock a try starting? Even if he doesn't know the play he can just stand at the 3pt line, its not like Meeks is cutting and creating opportunity for himself.

I think we should push Blake to the 2:

Run:

Nash
Blake
Metta
Pau
Howard

Meeks
Clark
Jamison

Meeks the backup 1 would scare me, our 2nd unit is already horrendous at organized bball....we need Blake to stabilize it.
khmrP

Postby jlkr on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:00 am

No one seems to be talking about what happened when Goudelock was actually on the floor last night. While he was on the floor, he was 0-2 and the Lakers were outscored by 12 points. Not the way to get it done. No wonder MDA never put him back out there again.
Some try to tell me
Thoughts they cannot defend...
--Hayward
jlkr

Postby XXIV on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:04 am

He didn't do anything when he was out there, whether it was nerves or not who knows. Seems unlikely he'll get any PT in the playoffs, but I hope he goes through training camp with us. Last season he was a good offensively player who could sort of create his own shot.
XXIV

Postby shoe on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:07 am

^Thats cuz he had morris with him in the back court..of course they're gonna get killed. He contested Harden's three pointer fairly well when he was guarding him one on one. He also had a nice floater that was slightly long and an open mid range shot. I'd still give him another shot.

Funny stat - Goudelock ended up having a negative 6.4 PER :man10:
shoe

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:09 am

practically useless out there but imagine how difficult it must be to be put in a situation like that

we need bodies and im hoping he gets comfortable and assimilated into what we're doing offensively in the coming days...we dont play til Sunday...he should read up on the playbook and get caught up to speed as much as he can
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby dj vitus on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:53 am

Yeah it looked like he at least tried on defense this time. Too bad both his shots missed. I don't think he'll get any PT in the playoffs.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion