Antawn Jamison Discussion: Cockroach

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Bench 4!

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:14 pm

JGC wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:For the most part I think I've trashed Jamison pretty consistently since we got him. Do I win anything?

Of course you do. You win bragging rights that most of us cannot lay claim to!

Not gonna lie reading those posts in the first 20 pages was entertaining, everyone was raging at me for calling him a bum. Like this one :man12:

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:We are too fixated on points? YOU'RE the one too fixated on points. By saying we are thinking about it too much and claiming the mini-MLE is too much for Jamison, you're simply focusing on his scoring and nothing else. You're saying his scoring isn't worth it. We, or atleast I, am not saying that.

Jamison can create his own shot. He's a big who can space the floor. Coaches and players respect his ability. Jamison just being on the floor opens things up for Bynum or Gasol when they play center. He can plant himself in the corner with Nash running the show and Kobe on the perimeter. The defense will be on edge. There is more to the game than looking at stats.

He's someone who can come off the bench and drop 15 points a game on any given night. He's a scorer, and still a damn good one. He's a veteran, he's hungry, he's willing to take a paycut.

So before you come on here again and try to tell us what we are thinking, try to come a little harder.

Awesome you can use optimistic speculation to make your argument. I could do the same thing about one of our rookie scrubs.

How about this? He's old, has never been inefficient his entire career, and is horrendous defensively. But no go ahead and do what almost every Laker fan does every year when we get a player and that's pretend like they will be the savior of this team.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby JGC on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:17 pm

JGC wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:For the most part I think I've trashed Jamison pretty consistently since we got him. Do I win anything?

Of course you do. You win bragging rights that most of us cannot lay claim to!

Not gonna lie reading those posts in the first 20 pages was entertaining, everyone was raging at me for calling him a bum. Like this one :man12:

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:We are too fixated on points? YOU'RE the one too fixated on points. By saying we are thinking about it too much and claiming the mini-MLE is too much for Jamison, you're simply focusing on his scoring and nothing else. You're saying his scoring isn't worth it. We, or atleast I, am not saying that.

Jamison can create his own shot. He's a big who can space the floor. Coaches and players respect his ability. Jamison just being on the floor opens things up for Bynum or Gasol when they play center. He can plant himself in the corner with Nash running the show and Kobe on the perimeter. The defense will be on edge. There is more to the game than looking at stats.

He's someone who can come off the bench and drop 15 points a game on any given night. He's a scorer, and still a damn good one. He's a veteran, he's hungry, he's willing to take a paycut.

So before you come on here again and try to tell us what we are thinking, try to come a little harder.

Awesome you can use optimistic speculation to make your argument. I could do the same thing about one of our rookie scrubs.

How about this? He's old, has never been inefficient his entire career, and is horrendous defensively. But no go ahead and do what almost every Laker fan does every year when we get a player and that's pretend like they will be the savior of this team.

He might be able to get you on "never been inefficient his entire career" though :man12:
JGC

Postby 432J on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:23 am

at this point, if clark keeps playing well they might as well try to ship jamison

send him to charlotte for mullens
432J

Postby khmrP on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:34 pm

While he is a stretch 4, you can't expect him to make all his 3's, he still did well to clean up the garbage and was pretty decent with his off-ball movements.
khmrP

Postby Armani on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:41 pm

Solid game today. Wish he were more consistent. Some games he's garbage, and some games he goes off.
Armani

Postby 432J on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:54 pm

great game tonight

awesome to see him doing good out there. i just hope he keeps it up
432J

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:55 pm

432J wrote:great game tonight

awesome to see him doing good out there. i just hope he keeps it up

+1. What a relief to see him hit his threes tonight. What would we do if we could ever get Jamison AND Meeks playing well at the same time.
Lakerjones

Postby karacha on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:56 pm

Good game for Tawn. He's not giving up and that's great to see. If he and Clark can contribute on a consistent basis... there's some hope.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:57 pm

He dove on the floor tonight for a ball with the game already decided. Props.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby dj vitus on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:01 pm

I like that foul near the end when it was 2-on-2 and Irving was about to take it to the hoop. Prevented a sure basket, and it was before the shot attempt, so prevented free throws, too. Smart play. :jam2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Weezy on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:06 pm

Man, if he could just do this more frequently than one out of every 10 games it would help us a hell of a lot. He still has the ability, it is just rare that he brings it out, and we really, really need it right now.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:09 pm

Nice to see 'Tawn hit some jumpers. His off the ball movement is always great, and if he can hit his 3s then he definitely provides somewhat of a spark off the bench. It's a big if though.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:13 pm

The man was what a 17 ppg scorer last season? The difference for Jamison is simply playing time. When you're getting consistent minutes you can play relax, but when you're not you aren't relaxed obviously. I think now with Hill out D'Antoni doesn't have a choice, but to play Jamison consistently. Hopefully that will help him and make him a consistent performer.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby karacha on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:40 pm

He should back up the 3, Clark the 4 -- or vice versa, and if given minutes they will produce. At least one of them will, which should be enough when you have Kobe, Dwight and Nash playing well.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:The man was what a 17 ppg scorer last season? The difference for Jamison is simply playing time. When you're getting consistent minutes you can play relax, but when you're not you aren't relaxed obviously. I think now with Hill out D'Antoni doesn't have a choice, but to play Jamison consistently. Hopefully that will help him and make him a consistent performer.

This.

All he needs is consistent minutes, and he'll deliver.

Jamison's basketball IQ is an asset to this team.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby GoldenKnight on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:11 pm

There's no reason for a player like Jamison to see no action ever again during the season, the guy is a vet & he can play through anything. Great effort tonight.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:13 pm

I've been hard on him because he's been bad, but this was a good game for him. It was against a really awful opponent, but a good performance is a good performance.

Here's to hoping he and Clark can be consistent for us off the bench.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:48 pm

Those DNP's are starting to look pretty suspect MDA...

Anyway, good productivity from Jamison. We need him to keep it up.
phoenixrisingla

Postby Armani on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:50 pm

He needs to do this consistently. Great play tonight.. hitting them 3's at key parts of the game was huge.
Armani

Postby karacha on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:08 pm

Another solid game. He does play a lot better when given minutes. I don't expect him to be amazing, but right now, he's a solid contributor. Kind of like Clark. And this is because Pau is not playing. Is that good or bad?

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:10 pm

The thing that I love watching is the plays when he runs out of bounds to save a ball. Those are Championship plays. Those are the plays that win in the playoffs.

Some nights he won't make his first three 3s and he needs to make those plays to stay effective and keep getting minutes.

The one thing I'd like him to cut down on: giving up and-ones. I feel like he gives up more and-ones than anyone else on the team.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:42 pm

solid game. made the extra effort and started off HOT from 3. i think with continued consistent minutes his role will only get solidified for him and he'll start contributing even more. 10/8/3 in 28mins 50% from 3 is awesome and 0TO's! keep it up dude glad hes getting minutes....hope pau coming back doesnt change that.

Nash/Duhon/Morris
Kobe/Meeks/Morris
MWP/Clark
Pau/Jamison/Clark
Dwight/Pau/Sacre

only bc we know pau coming back will mean hes starting again...as much as it sucks for clark whos outplayed pau and pau coming off the bench would be legit for this team and chemistry imo as pau dominating in the post off the bench would only build his confidence.

once everyone is back 100% healthy id hope it be:

Nash/Blake/Morris (defense)
Kobe/Meeks/Morris (defense)
MWP/Clark
Clark/Jamison/Pau
Dwight/Pau/Sacre

anytime dwight isnt in Pau is and they can share the floor together too alot if the rotations are good. wont happen but its worth a try as clark starting is solid for d purposes bc pau cant guard or do the things like clark can and production is too similar to think theres a huge difference with pau starting over clark.
Ariza3

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:57 pm

He's probably gonna do this all season, few good games and then a bunch of bad ones. Meeks will probably have the same issue

Without Hill we just don't have that consistent bench guy
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:01 am

I will give him props for hitting momentum 3s in the 1st half ... his overall impact on the game is poor though ... getting manhandled on the boards , poor D ...

He is and always has been a guy who puts up numbers on bad/average teams ...
wcsoldier81

Postby 432J on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:27 am

another good performance

if he keeps this up it'll really help the team out
432J

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion