Antawn Jamison Discussion: Cockroach

Re: Antawn Jamison To The Lakers?

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:27 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
Antawn Jamison confirms interest from Lakers, Nets. Says he's still gathering info. No decision yet on #Bobcats vs. other options.

Source: Rick Bonnell

Looks like it's down to the Lakers, Nets, and Cats.

Come on Jamison!! Please, choose us
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby 432J on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:29 pm

if there one player i really really want the lakers to acquire this offseason its jamison. his spark off the bench would be huge
432J

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:36 pm

432J wrote:if there one player i really really want the lakers to acquire this offseason its jamison. his spark off the bench would be huge

Yep and combined with Hill, those are two really smart and experienced guys leading our bench
Battle Tested20

Postby Murdock on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:37 pm

karacha wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
karacha wrote:Since I am not paying for the team, I'm not worried about it. If the owners are OK with having Pau on the team this year, I'm not going to complain. I'm not worried about his production at all.

I can understand not caring about the money, but you're really not worried about his abysmal play in the playoffs?

Frankly, no. His coach made him a jumpshooter, he wasn't in his comfort zone all year, the team wasn't really clicking and the offense was stagnant in general... so, I am really not worried about Pau./quote]
What do you think his role will be with Nash even more of a jump shooter ... that's what I don't get when people that Pau is gonna be better with Nash, he is gonna play the exact same role as last season, even more of jump shooter
Murdock

Postby khmrP on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:39 pm

Murdock wrote:What do you think his role will be with Nash even more of a jump shooter ... that's what I don't get when people that Pau is gonna be better with Nash, he is gonna play the exact same role as last season, even more of jump shooter

PnR guy, understand the play and see how Nash runs it with Gortat who is a worse jump shooter than Pau.
khmrP

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:49 pm

Signing Jamison makes a ton of sense. Then get both Hills, and we're set. If we get both Jamison and Grant Hill, I'd love to see us nab a real athletic freak that can guard the 1,2 and 3 positions. I might even (holding my nose) bring Shan-Wow back.
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
CarolinaLakerFan

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Gasol's problem IMO is that he doesn't like getting shoved in the back when on the block. In the playoffs the contact is worse, and he avoids it by giving up position, the ball, his manhood, whatever he has to. At one level I don't blame him, since look at Dwight as an example of what excessive shoving in the back can do to you. But at another level, he's getting 19 million a year, and part of the assumption there is that you'll put your body on the line to win.

Pau plays better in less physical series, and he'd rather IMO jump shoot and avoid the contact down low.

He has to REALLY be convinced to man up against the physicality, and even Phil pushing him in the chest wasn't enough in 2011. I'm afraid it's a lost cause.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Alleyhoops on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:08 pm

He'll sign with The Heat. I believe they're signing every free agent available this year with their unlimited cap space that seems to have no ceiling.
Alleyhoops

Postby Murdock on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:12 pm

khmrP wrote:
Murdock wrote:What do you think his role will be with Nash even more of a jump shooter ... that's what I don't get when people that Pau is gonna be better with Nash, he is gonna play the exact same role as last season, even more of jump shooter

PnR guy, understand the play and see how Nash runs it with Gortat who is a worse jump shooter than Pau.

No that's Drew's role ... he is gonna be PnP guy same as now ... you can't play PnR with him and expect Drew to roam at 15 foot line ...
Murdock

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:12 pm

Alleyhoops wrote:He'll sign with The Heat. I believe they're signing every free agent available this year with their unlimited cap space that seems to have no ceiling.

Why would he do that? There's no room for him at all.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby khmrP on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:13 pm

Murdock wrote:
khmrP wrote:

No that's Drew's role ... he is gonna be PnP guy same as now ... you can't play PnR with him and expect Drew to roam at 15 foot line ...

you gota be kidding me, what kind of threat does Drew have to shoot a jump shot?
khmrP

Postby Murdock on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:15 pm

khmrP wrote:
Murdock wrote:
khmrP wrote:

you gota be kidding me, what kind of threat does Drew have to shoot a jump shot?

what? he doesn't but if you wanna play PnR with Gasol you gotta put Drew at 15 foot line there is not a room for Nash Drew and Gasol in the pain at the same time - simple spacing and also physics - two objects can't occupy same space at the same time in this case three
Murdock

Postby khmrP on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:21 pm

Murdock wrote:what? he doesn't but if you wanna play PnR with Gasol you gotta put Drew at 15 foot line there is not a room for Nash Drew and Gasol in the pain at the same time - simple spacing and also physics - two objects can't occupy same space at the same time in this case three

here's a thought, Pau set screen, rolls after screen....Bynum man rotates to Pau, Pau lobs to Bynum for a dunk :
khmrP

Postby Murdock on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:25 pm

khmrP wrote:
Murdock wrote:what? he doesn't but if you wanna play PnR with Gasol you gotta put Drew at 15 foot line there is not a room for Nash Drew and Gasol in the pain at the same time - simple spacing and also physics - two objects can't occupy same space at the same time in this case three

here's a thought, Pau set screen, rolls after screen....Bynum man rotates to Pau, Pau lobs to Bynum for a dunk :

and how's that different from what they had been doing this season? And the point where Nash is gonna make Gasol better scorer as everyone is saying disappeared... last time I checked BYNUM dunks that not Pau ...
Last edited by Murdock on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murdock

Postby khmrP on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:26 pm

Murdock wrote:
khmrP wrote:

and how's that different from what they have been doing this season? And the point that Nash is gonna make Gasol better scorer as everyone is saying last time I checked BYNUM dunks that not Pau ...

because the other team didn't respect our PG shooting? :man3:
khmrP

Postby Murdock on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:30 pm

khmrP wrote:
Murdock wrote:
khmrP wrote:here's a thought, Pau set screen, rolls after screen....Bynum man rotates to Pau, Pau lobs to Bynum for a dunk :

and how's that different from what they have been doing this season? And the point that Nash is gonna make Gasol better scorer as everyone is saying last time I checked BYNUM dunks that not Pau ...

because the other team didn't respect our PG shooting? :man3:

Didn't stop them from executing that play last season, and again how does that play make Pau Gasol score and different and more efficient player form last season? Also at that play you have Bynum, Gasol, and Nash at 8 square feet within each other - great ... when you run PnR you need space it's two man game with addtional spacing for kicking it out, to off ball pick etc. not exactly playing on 8 square feet
Murdock

Postby khmrP on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Murdock wrote:Didn't stop them from executing that play last season, and again how does that play make Pau Gasol score and different and more efficient player form last season? Also at that play you have Bynum, Gasol, and Nash at 8 square feet within each other - great ... when you run PnR you need space it's two man game with addtional spacing for kicking it out, to off ball pick etc. not exactly playing on 8 square feet

ok fine, Pau will cont to suck so just send him to whoever will accept him. Obviously you're a much more offensive guru than I am.
khmrP

Postby ThaEntrepreneur on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:37 pm

khmrP wrote:
Murdock wrote:Didn't stop them from executing that play last season, and again how does that play make Pau Gasol score and different and more efficient player form last season? Also at that play you have Bynum, Gasol, and Nash at 8 square feet within each other - great ... when you run PnR you need space it's two man game with addtional spacing for kicking it out, to off ball pick etc. not exactly playing on 8 square feet

ok fine, Pau will cont to suck so just send him to whoever will accept him. Obviously you're a much more offensive guru than I am.

I think we should use Pau at center...just me
ThaEntrepreneur

Postby Murdock on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:37 pm

khmrP wrote:

All I am saying is that Pau does not fit very well because he is not typical shooting PF ala KG ... he likes to play back to the basket, shooting hooks, playing ISO ... making him a PnP guy, because you can't make it out of Andrew I hope we can agree on that, is wasting Pau's talent

Look at Phoenix they had Frye - PnP PF, shooting PF ... last time Phoenix played without shooting PF was with Marion but that was different system ... Running game, and they still had Tim Thomas at that time to strech it when they needed ... but Pau can't play Marion's role, he is not that mobile and quick and Bynum certainly isn't Amare also Amare could shoot nice 15 foot jumper, Drew can't
Last edited by Murdock on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murdock

Postby Murdock on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:38 pm

ThaEntrepreneur wrote:
khmrP wrote:

I think we should use Pau at center...just me

That is one possibility but then what are you gonna do with Drew or Howard for that matter ...
Murdock

Postby khmrP on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:39 pm

Murdock wrote:That is one possibility but then what are you gonna do with Drew or Howard for that matter ...

trade him for Frye :man10:
khmrP

Postby Murdock on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:42 pm

khmrP wrote:
Murdock wrote:That is one possibility but then what are you gonna do with Drew or Howard for that matter ...

Well not I guess you will not make a good offensive guru nor a GM ... chill out man this is dicussion ...

That's why I am saying that i makes more sense to trade Pau for Kevin Love (or Dirk :D) ... he fits much better with Nash's offensive game IMO .. Pau can hit jumpers but he isn't that comfortable playing stretch out PF as was shown this season
Murdock

Postby khmrP on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:44 pm

Murdock wrote:
khmrP wrote:

Well not I guess you will not make a good offensive guru nor a GM ... chill out man this is dicussion ...

That's why I am saying that i makes more sense to trade Pau for Kevin Love (or Dirk :D) ... he fits much better with Nash's offensive game IMO .. Pau can hit jumpers but he isn't that comfortable playing stretch out PF as was shown this season

seriously Kevin Love or Dirk? dam Mitch get the phone RIGHT NOW!!!!! :jam2: Minn/Dall would be FOOLS I tell you FOOLS not to trade for Pau!
khmrP

Postby Murdock on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:49 pm

khmrP wrote:
Murdock wrote:

seriously Kevin Love or Dirk? dam Mitch get the phone RIGHT NOW!!!!! :jam2: Minn/Dall would be FOOLS I tell you FOOLS not to trade for Pau!

I guess they are becuase Love is untradable same as Dirk I believe both scenarios were discussed in the past and swept away ... Minny wants pair Love with Pau and Rubio and frankly Dallas isn't that much interested IMO

anyway let's end it ... this is different thread if you wanna discuss more PM me
Murdock

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:54 pm

why is there so much Pau talk in this thread :man3: Move it to his own thread that we have set up
Battle Tested20

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion