Antawn Jamison Discussion: Cockroach

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Cockroach

Postby XXIV on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:40 pm

I thought right as he was finding his role on this team he suffered that wrist injury and that set him back a bit. You could tell he wasn't as efficient around the rim because he claimed it was difficult using that scoop shot with the wrist. Like I said, I hope he returns but I consider it 50/50 that he does at this point.
XXIV

Postby The Rock on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:25 pm

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-antawn-jamison-surgery-20130429,0,1513081.story

Lakers forward Antawn Jamison will undergo wrist surgery at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday.

The Lakers' veteran forward suffered an injury on March 22 in a loss to the Washington Wizards. An MRI revealed ligament damage but Jamison played through discomfort to help his team finish the season.

Injuries hindered the Lakers all year — especially in the playoffs as they were swept by the San Antonio Spurs, with Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Steve Blake, Jodie Meeks and Metta World Peace all missing time.

Jamison skipped his exit interview with the team on Monday despite the Lakers' efforts to contact him, according to a team spokesman.

After coming to the Lakers on a one-year, veteran's minimum contract ($1.35 million), Jamison is not expected back.

In 76 appearances, Jamison averaged 9.4 points and 4.8 rebounds while shooting 46.4% from the field and 36.1% from three-point range.

WELP

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:28 pm

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:44 pm

I would be happy if he came back. maybe with a more aggressive role from
the star. would like to see him use more of his weird shots bc we only
saw him use them like 5 times all season. the rest were rebound tip ins, 3's, or layups
Ariza3

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:11 pm

If Jamison doesn't come back....

LO or Elton Brand would fit for the minimum. Those are really the only realistic options at PF for the minimum that be serviceable.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:42 pm

dang man, I wish he would come back :man5:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby XXIV on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:55 pm

Damn sounds like he's gone. Wouldn't surprise me if he went to Miami to play with Lebron again.
XXIV

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:18 pm

I would like him to stay and play next season but what about Jordan? 'Tawn plays and he'll take his minutes.
Kobe8Fan

Postby 432J on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:30 pm

i feel bad for him to be honest

took a huge paycut and passed up the chance to play at home near his family to come and win a ring in LA and this season happened. i really hope he comes back but at this point i wouldn't be shocked at all if he left. he was a huge part of this season though. that bench would be nowhere without him
432J

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:58 pm

i doubt he'll come back. think i remember him saying that his wife said go follow your dream to get a championship for one year in LA then come back home. but who knows
Ariza3

Postby D.B. Cooper on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:58 pm

432J wrote:i feel bad for him to be honest

took a huge paycut and passed up the chance to play at home near his family to come and win a ring in LA and this season happened. i really hope he comes back but at this point i wouldn't be shocked at all if he left. he was a huge part of this season though. that bench would be nowhere without him

lol
Jamison garbage sig.
D.B. Cooper

Postby Frank Dux on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:03 pm

Cleveland fans were adamant that this guy was nothing but a chucker, so I was pleasantly surprised when he turned out to be a decent bench player for us. It's too bad he couldn't win a championship here. I don't think he has a place on this team moving forward, but I wish 'Tawn the best of luck. He's a class act.
Frank Dux

Postby khmrP on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:11 pm

another solid bench guy gona leave and will probably do wonders for his next team ala Barnes.
khmrP

Postby 432J on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:52 pm

D.B. Cooper wrote:
432J wrote:i feel bad for him to be honest

lol
Jamison garbage sig.

that's why he had a good year

:man11:
432J

Postby JSM on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:00 pm

I'd welcome him back with open arms. Regardless of what he did/didn't do in the playoffs, he was one of the biggest bargains we've had in a long while.

Too many questions and not enough answers surrounding this team going into next season. I don't see him coming back, unfortunately. And him not answering the team's calls today when they tried to get ahold of him isn't a good sign. I'm glad he wanted to get the surgery as quick as possible but if he doesn't want to talk to you, he probably doesn't want to play for you.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Center Court on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:17 pm

like I said months ago.. if things ended badly, he's gone to Miami or another top contender like OKC or the Clips.

Forget the losing, MDA flat out disrespected him for a stretch. Jamison is a guy with HOF numbers and to be trated how he got treated, i'd want nothing to do with our team either.

I think Lamar could very well end up back here though because like JSM said, if doesn't want to talk to you, he probably has zero desire to play for you.
Center Court

Postby SpencerHarrison on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:20 pm

Jamison is surprisingly ineffective as an Iso scorer, and I think that hurts his value to LA. To maximize his abilities, you have to feed him. To do that, you have to have a smart playmaker handling the ball. IE: He can't lead a bench mob. I would rather see the 2nd unit offense flow through a guard, and focus on youth and defense ala Phil's bench
SpencerHarrison

Postby trodgers on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:43 am

If D'Antoni is coaching, Jamison probably won't be back. Our most reliable bench player...gone.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:59 am

By Eric Pincus
April 29, 2013, 5:50 p.m.
Lakers forward Antawn Jamison is set to undergo wrist surgery at 7 a.m. Tuesday.

The Lakers' veteran forward sustained an injury on March 22 in a loss to the Washington Wizards. An MRI revealed ligament damage, but Jamison played through the discomfort to help the team finish the season.

Injuries hindered the Lakers all year -- especially in the playoffs as they were swept by the San Antonio Spurs, with Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Steve Blake, Jodie Meeks and Metta World Peace all missing time.

Despite the Lakers' efforts to contact him, Jamison skipped his exit interview with the team on Monday, according to a team spokesman.

After coming to the Lakers on a one-year, veterans minimum contract ($1.35 million), Jamison is not expected back.

In 76 appearances, he averaged 9.4 points and 4.8 rebounds while shooting 46.4% from the field and 36.1% from three-point range.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-antawn-jamison-surgery-20130429,0,1513081.story?track=rss
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:01 am

trodgers wrote:If D'Antoni is coaching, Jamison probably won't be back. Our most reliable bench player...gone.

Yep it's safe to say it ..from MDA benching him to Tawn calling MDA poor coaching after Game 2 ...
wcsoldier81

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:02 am

^^ Damn, that sucks. I like Jamison a lot. He contributed once he found his niche in the rotation. Would love to have him back but it sounds unlikely.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:32 am

He's not coming back unless something radical changes I think.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby denimPortugal on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:33 am

C'mon...Tawn is a good bench player!
Big mistake not keep him!

:bang: :bang:
denimPortugal

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:34 am

Kamenetzky Brothers ‏@KamBrothers 59s
MT @mcten: Source close to Jamison says wrist surgery "went well, no complications." Also, AJ did not intentionally miss exit interview
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:38 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Kamenetzky Brothers ‏@KamBrothers 59s
MT @mcten: Source close to Jamison says wrist surgery "went well, no complications." Also, AJ did not intentionally miss exit interview
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

He was unintentionally shopping in Beverly Hills at the time. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion