Antawn Jamison Discussion: Cockroach

Re: Lakers sign Antawn Jamison to 1 year minimum contract

Postby Azndude2190 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Rooscooter wrote:Well this is better news than if we landed Dwight IMO..... This is a move that makes us a lot better. Can't think of the last time we had a legitimate threat to score 30 of the bench......

Well done.

Now a back-up center and a SF who can shoot the 3 and we're done IMO....

And a backup PG and SG.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Welcome Aboard Antawn Jamison :jam2: :jam2:

Nice Work Mitch, I knew you would do it despite saying nothing was imminent. That's how Mitch conducts his business :man12:

Just a few more holes to fill up and we're looking better :man9:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:13 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
Johnnyboy wrote:great pick up. But this team is old, injury prone and not athletic at all. Great pick ups and steps in the right direction, but can you imagine playing the thunder or heat? Need some young athletic guys ASAP

yes, i can imagine playing the Thunder...Westbrook actually has to run around and stay with Nash now...it'll be nice to see him burn some energy on D this time

Not to mention he has to stick to Nash because of his shooting, giving players like Bynum and Kobe space to work inside. Jamison helps tremendously too, another target for the Bynum double. No more McRoberts or Murphy or Metta taking outside jumpers.

:hurl:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby The Rock on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:15 pm

At first I was like WTF wow Jamison signs with us for the minimum why would he do that, then I realized Jamison and Nash used to be teammates in Dallas. I give Nash an assist on this one :jam2:

That 03/04 Dallas team was stacked...Nash, Finley, Jamison, Antoine Walker, Dirk, Josh Howard

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:16 pm

thank the lord jeebus, for this will help our bench

i think this will turn out to be one of those huge little moves
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby The Rock on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Nash needs to call up his buddy Barbosa next :man1:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby kray28 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:22 pm

The Rock wrote:Nash needs to call up his buddy Barbosa next :man1:

I know everyone says that it was JRich that slept with Nash' wife...but I heard it was actually Barbosa.
kray28

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:23 pm

The Rock wrote:Nash needs to call up his buddy Barbosa next :man1:

Not happening. :man10:

Barbosa is actually the one who slept with Steve's wife.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby kenzo on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Nice :ball1: Sign Delonte now, resolve this Howard saga and we're good to go.
kenzo

Postby Helljumper on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Looking at his stats throughout his career, it's interesting that the only two years he was on a legitimate contender with other elite players around him, he had the lowest scoring numbers of his career but the highest efficiency.

03-04 Dallas: 14.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 53% from the field, 40% from three
08-09 Cleveland: 15.8 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 49% from the field, 34% from three

I really don't think any "decline" in his efficiency that we've seen the past couple of years have been from aging, I think it's more of the fact that he was on the worst team he's ever played on.
Helljumper

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:36 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
Johnnyboy wrote:great pick up. But this team is old, injury prone and not athletic at all. Great pick ups and steps in the right direction, but can you imagine playing the thunder or heat? Need some young athletic guys ASAP

Yeah I could definitely see us beating them. We nearly beat OKC without Jamison and Nash. Add those two guys and we're the best team in the West imo. Our bigs would give Miami's undersized frontline fits.

We didn't nearly beat OKC, people need to stop saying this it's such a loser's mentality. This is the kind of crap all those teams we beat during the repeat probably said.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby BDG on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:37 pm

Just to keep things in perspective ...

Ramon Sessions was on that same Cavs team last year shooting 39% at the time of the trade ... he comes to LA and then shoots 47% from the field.

When you play with such horrible teammates, you're not going to get many open looks.

Nash, Kobe, Gasol, Bynum will help open things up for others. The first three guys are excellent passers and the Drew commands double teams regularly now.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby lakers_09tv on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:38 pm

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Jamison won't officially sign w/Lakers until he returns from Italy trip. Team wants to speak w/him before signing. Will be for vet minimum.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby The Rock on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Jamison actually has a post game. Hes not gonna back anyone down but he has those little flip shots and up and under moves like Shawn Marion, granted hes missed more than hes made in recent years but you can run your offense through him with the 2nd unit and put Glock and another shooter to spread the floor for him

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakers_09tv on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:39 pm

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Other teams have exceptions to offer Jamison, but he wants to play for a contender. Will only take minimum for Lakers, no one else.

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby The Rock on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:39 pm

Other teams have exceptions to offer Jamison, but he wants to play for a contender. Will only take minimum for Lakers, no one else.

FOR ONCE A GOOD PLAYER HAS DONE THIS

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakers_09tv on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:40 pm

The Rock wrote:

Did you forget Ray Allen last week?

lakers_09tv

Postby BDG on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:41 pm

So he said F off to every team other than the Lakers?

I like him already.

:man9:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby The Rock on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:41 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:
The Rock wrote:

I meant for us

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:41 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:
The Rock wrote:

Ray didn't sign for the vets minimum.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:43 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
KeepBynum wrote:

Yeah I could definitely see us beating them. We nearly beat OKC without Jamison and Nash. Add those two guys and we're the best team in the West imo. Our bigs would give Miami's undersized frontline fits.

We didn't nearly beat OKC, people need to stop saying this it's such a loser's mentality. This is the kind of crap all those teams we beat during the repeat probably said.

Yeah we did dude. We choked two games away. If we had Nash and Jamison I doubt that would've happened.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby lakers_09tv on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:43 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
lakers_09tv wrote:
The Rock wrote:

Ray didn't sign for the vets minimum.

He took 3 million a year from Miami instead of the 6 million Boston was offering.

lakers_09tv

Postby Finwë on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:44 pm

KeepBynum wrote:

? Both Game 2 and Game 4 went down to the wire, and we actually had both games in the bag before choking up and turning over the ball / missing shots / letting OKC score.. We could've very realistically been up 3-1 going to game 5.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby lakers_09tv on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Finwë wrote:
KeepBynum wrote:

? Both Game 2 and Game 4 went down to the wire, and we actually had both games in the bag before choking up and turning over the ball / missing shots / letting OKC score.. We could've very realistically been up 3-1 going to game 5.

You can say that about nearly every series.
Last edited by lakers_09tv on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lakers_09tv

Postby Finwë on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:49 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:
Finwë wrote:
KeepBynum wrote:

You say that about nearly every series.

:man3:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion