Antawn Jamison Discussion: Cockroach

Re: Lakers agree w/ Antawn Jamison to 1 year minimum contract

Postby LakerFan247 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:07 pm

I thought Mitch was going on vacation...
LakerFan247

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:08 pm

terrible audio. hes got the curse of the luke walton though.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:08 pm

Jamison just held up his Lakers jersey. :jam2:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:09 pm

I can't hear [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby XXIV on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:13 pm

The audio is horrible, they should test this stuff out before hand.
XXIV

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:14 pm

I can hear it, but not well. I swear when they held up the #4 jersey I was racking my brain to try and remember who used to wear that for us but could not think of that player at all. Then I saw cachooka's comment and was like oh yeah, Luke, lol I completely erased that guy from my memory.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:14 pm

I just turned my volume all the way up on my laptop and can hear fine now. Might be deaf afterwards haha
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby GoldHammish on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:14 pm

Weezy wrote:I can hear it, but not well. I swear when they held up the #4 jersey I was racking my brain to try and remember who used to wear that for us but could not think of that player at all. Then I saw cachooka's comment and was like oh yeah, Luke, lol I completely erased that guy from my memory.

Lucky you, not all of us have been able to do that yet :man10:
GoldHammish

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:15 pm

CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby GoldHammish on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:15 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:I just turned my volume all the way up on my laptop and can hear fine now. Might be deaf afterwards haha

Dat static.
GoldHammish

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:17 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:Image

:jam2:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:17 pm

Lol that picture, where are they holding this thing, a local high school classroom, the Lakers laundry room?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:19 pm

So stoked for him to be on our bench. Damn. We've got a deep front court if/when Jordan inks.

Anyone got some recap? Can't listen at work... :bang:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldHammish on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:19 pm

Weezy wrote:Lol that picture, where are they holding this thing, a local high school classroom, the Lakers laundry room?

Before Jamison and Mitch got there, the camera was kind of swiveling around, and there was a ping pong table off to the left :man10:
GoldHammish

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:19 pm

This cameraman needs to be fired ASAP.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Kit on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:20 pm

Just noticed Jamison played w/ Nash in Dallas.
Kit

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:22 pm

therealdeal wrote:So stoked for him to be on our bench. Damn. We've got a deep front court if/when Jordan inks.

He's saying all the usual joining the Lakers stuff. Happy to be a part of a winning culture, where a team isn't about making the playoffs, but about winning a title. Thrilled to be playing with all this talent, Kobe one of the best ever, Nash, Pau, Drew, Metta. Says it was a no brainer to come here for a shot at winning, does not mind coming off the bench at all, just wants to add scoring or play his role from that spot, has started many games in his career and "have lost a lot of games too". Clearly he's happy to be here and he said he wants to add that championship to his resume. Also said it will be hard to be away from his 4 kids, but that his kids also told him to jump at the opportunity to play on the West coast, said his daughter is excited about visiting Hollywood. That's just a quick recap of so far he's still talking, sounds like a class guy, smart guy, I've always loved his game, glad he's here.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:23 pm

Weezy wrote:
therealdeal wrote:So stoked for him to be on our bench. Damn. We've got a deep front court if/when Jordan inks.

He's saying all the usual joining the Lakers stuff. Happy to be a part of a winning culture, where a team isn't about making the playoffs, but about winning a title. Thrilled to be playing with all this talent, Kobe one of the best ever, Nash, Pau, Drew, Metta. Says it was a no brainer to come here for a shot at winning, does not mind coming off the bench at all, just wants to add scoring or play his role from that spot, has started many games in his career and "have lost a lot of games too". Clearly he's happy to be here and he said he wants to add that championship to his resume. Also said it will be hard to be away from his 4 kids, but that his kids also told him to jump at the opportunity to play on the West coast, said his daughter is excited about visiting Hollywood. That's just a quick recap of so far he's still talking, sounds like a class guy, smart guy, I've always loved his game, glad he's here.

Thanks Weezy, you rock. :bow:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenshi1023 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:25 pm

he doesn't look happy in that picture, maybe the lighting is bad...
lakers turned mr.potatohead into pringles!
kenshi1023

Postby Balance&Options24 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:26 pm

All I hear him say is "championship"

I love it!!!!!!
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:41 pm

Recap via Tweets and other things I picked up on:

Los Angeles Lakers ‏@Lakers

Jamison: "It's gratifying to be with such great talent. It's going to be a great fit."

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter

Jamison said this will be his 15th year, and he's never been so excited for a season to get started.

Of course, Kupchak is most excited about the fact that Jamison is a fellow Carolina Tar Heel.

Kupchak smiled/laughed when he said "defend" and looked over to Jamison, also smiling. Kupchak said the big guys can help there.

Kupchak said the Lakers were very surprised & excited to be able to sign Jamison. Cites leadership, experience, scoring, boarding...

Jamison's lone goal in signing with L.A. this season is to win a championship, he says. Naturally. He feels LAL are "hungry" as he is.

Jamison has 4 kids who "pushed him out the door" to be a Laker. Family is very excited about his opportunity.

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing

Antawn Jamison: "I’ve done a lot of things, but the one thing that drives me is to have my name associated with being a champion."

Asked Jamison what it would be like to play with stars that draw doubles: "It's been a while since I've had some open shots."

- :man10: Joked about how its going to take some time to get used to all this attention that the Lakers always get with rumors and being on TV so much. He said that its been a long time since he's been on a televised game
-Thought when he was traded to Cleveland 2 years ago that he thought that was it and he would never contend again or have chance to win.

Jamison said with this team (Bryant, Nash, Gasol, Bynum) he'll often be the last guy coaches plan for. He's eager to capitalize.

You can look at Jamison's FG% and how much better it was during his brief stint with LeBron vs. when he was primary option.

- Jamison said another reason why he was excited to join the Lakers was because of his familiarity with Coach Brown

-Noted that in Cleveland he had to do a lot of teaching with all the young players on that team vs. now with the Lakers he'll be able to do just whats asked of him and not have to do as much teaching.

- Joked when a reporter brought up the fact in 2000 the both he and Kobe scored 51 points and Jamison says the only thing I really remember from that is that he (Jamison) won the game :man10:

Jamison on Kobe: "As an opponent trying to get your game plan ready for Kobe was the most difficult thing to do."

Jamison on @SteveNash: "I just stuck out my hand and the ball was there. I haven't played with anybody like that since."

- Jamison said that his body feels great and that he actually got more sore when he was younger than he is now because he's smarter about his preparation and taking care of his body. He sites doing yoga as really helping him and his body prepare for the NBA seasons

- Jamison said that for the most part of his career he's been really frustrated about not having a chance to win despite all of his hard work he's put in and now he feels like its meant to be now that he's with a great team in the Lakers with a chance to win.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:45 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:Recap via Tweets and other things I picked up on:

Los Angeles Lakers ‏@Lakers

Jamison: "It's gratifying to be with such great talent. It's going to be a great fit."

Jamison said this will be his 15th year, and he's never been so excited for a season to get started.

Of course, Kupchak is most excited about the fact that Jamison is a fellow Carolina Tar Heel.

Kupchak smiled/laughed when he said "defend" and looked over to Jamison, also smiling. Kupchak said the big guys can help there.

Kupchak said the Lakers were very surprised & excited to be able to sign Jamison. Cites leadership, experience, scoring, boarding...

Jamison's lone goal in signing with L.A. this season is to win a championship, he says. Naturally. He feels LAL are "hungry" as he is.

Jamison has 4 kids who "pushed him out the door" to be a Laker. Family is very excited about his opportunity.

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing

Antawn Jamison: "I’ve done a lot of things, but the one thing that drives me is to have my name associated with being a champion."

Asked Jamison what it would be like to play with stars that draw doubles: "It's been a while since I've had some open shots."

- :man10: Joked about how its going to take some time to get used to all this attention that the Lakers always get with rumors and being on TV so much. He said that its been a long time since he's been on a televised game
-Thought when he was traded to Cleveland 2 years ago that he thought that was it and he would never contend again or have chance to win.

Jamison said with this team (Bryant, Nash, Gasol, Bynum) he'll often be the last guy coaches plan for. He's eager to capitalize.

You can look at Jamison's FG% and how much better it was during his brief stint with LeBron vs. when he was primary option.

- Jamison said another reason why he was excited to join the Lakers was because of his familiarity with Coach Brown

-Noted that in Cleveland he had to do a lot of teaching with all the young players on that team vs. now with the Lakers he'll be able to do just whats asked of him and not have to do as much teaching.

- Joked when a reporter brought up the fact in 2000 the both he and Kobe scored 51 points and Jamison says the only thing I really remember from that is that he (Jamison) won the game :man10:

Jamison on Kobe: "As an opponent trying to get your game plan ready for Kobe was the most difficult thing to do."

Jamison on @SteveNash: "I just stuck out my hand and the ball was there. I haven't played with anybody like that since."

- Jamison said that his body feels great and that he actually got more sore when he was younger than he is now because he's smarter about his preparation and taking care of his body. He sites doing yoga as really helping him and his body prepare for the NBA seasons

- Jamison said that for the most part of his career he's been really frustrated about not having a chance to win despite all of his hard work he's put in and now he feels like its meant to be now that he's with a great team in the Lakers with a chance to win.

Killer recap man, thanks a lot. :bow: :bow:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:46 pm

hes on mason and ireland right now

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/playPopup?s=la
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Intro News Conf (pg34)

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:04 pm

So we got to thank his kids that they recruited him for us :man10:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Intro News Conf (pg34)

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:11 pm

i feel like NBA Players are going to use that a lot more now as to why they chose a particular team..."their kids"....first Nash and now Jamison...i love their kids already!!!!

Love everything he said....he can also play the 3 if we absolutely need him to. I know he's going to hit 3s for us all day. i already signed him with the Lakers in 2k12...lets jus say, the spacing on the floor is NICE with him in there with Gasol and Bynum....if I go in the post, I got 3 options to kick it out to...kobe, nash or jamison. Heck, i also go with Nash, GLock, Kobe, Jamison, Hill and the spacing is ridiculous!!!!
FabFourLakers

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion