Antawn Jamison Discussion: Cockroach

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: On the rebound

Postby karacha on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:22 pm

He's a born scorer and a great finisher around the rim. Also, terrific rebounder. He just needs consistent minutes, and judging by the MDA's conference tonight... Jamison will play a lot of minutes this season. Best role-player we've had since... I don't know... prime Odom?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:24 pm

Better bench player than odom?!?! Well you heard the stat, last time someone came off the bench to score 30 was shaq in 98. Also had 12 rebounds too. We don't need this from him. We just need consistent productive play. GREAT GAME FROM HIM!!!
King of Clutch

Postby LakerFanIam on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:24 pm

Nice AJ... What I like the most so far about 'Tawn is that his effort has been there from the beginning...
It's been a crazy ride for him in the Purple & Gold so far, but he's been putting in the effort, looking for his spot from the beginning...
LakerFanIam

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:26 pm

That is what we thought we signed when we got him, wow. Obviously this isn't going to happen often, but we signed the potential for nights like this, really the first bench player we've signed in forever that is capable of games like this from time to time. If he even gives us third of this consistently I'm happy.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:29 pm

The thing is that when we signed him I expected him to be used as a stretch 4 since anything else was going to make him useless. But of course Brown decided to go against logic and play him at the 3 when he hasn't done that in years.

His 3 ball was on tonight but it looked hideous in the games before this, but still the fact that he can stretch the floor is very essential
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:41 pm

this guy was unreal tonight! we were moving the ball so well and making the extra pass. plus he was finishing at the rim VERY well...some i didnt think were gunna go in at all. super active on both ends and rebounding very well too. hope he keeps it up...imagine him having games like this in the playoffs...rashard lewis has nothing on him
Ariza3

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:42 pm

Phenomenal night for Antawn. Man, that was great to see! Last game was a clunker, but he's been putting up some numbers lately on offense since D' Antoni started playing him more at 4, which fits his play so much better. :bow:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:07 am

now this is the Jamison I was hoping for when we signed him :jam2:
khmrP

Postby 432J on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:11 am

if we can get this type of production from antawn on a consistent basis, there is no stopping this team

what a game
:jam2:
432J

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:20 am

The boards and the cuts will always be consistent ... the 3 ball won't ... that's why it's important we run some plays for him next time his spot up shooting is off ...

FABULOUS game for him tonight :jam2:
wcsoldier81

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Stretch 4!

Postby BDG on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:46 am

Not to bring his name back up but ...

LOL at Mike Brown playing this guy 10 minutes a game at SF instead of letting him play freely at his natural position. What an idiot he was. So glad he's gone.

Tonight is why many of us (myself included) were reserving judgment on him until we got a real coach in charge of this team.

But back to Jamsion ...

3 out of 4 really good games. Tonight's game was amazing. He clearly can still ball, he just needs to be given the opportunity and play with confidence. D'Antoni is definitely the coach that will allow both to happen.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:57 am

Gotta give it to MD who decided to tweak the line-up a little more and took Pau out before Howard so that Jamison can stretch it more for Dwight. I love it and MD said in the post game that it worked in Dallas and worked tonight and that he'll continue to do this.

Fabulous game for Tawn!!! :jam2:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Armani on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:13 am

He's got his confidence back... should be fun to watch on most nights. 6th man of Year candidate. :jam2:
Armani

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:19 am

Loved his quote when Ireland was interviewing him in the locker room:

"The biggest thing for me going forward is to be consistent. I'll have games where I'm really shooting well and others where I might not be shooting real well but need to pickup the defense and or rebounding if I'm not scoring."

The guy understand what he needs to do and I love him on our team. The constant professional.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby khmrP on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:31 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:Loved his quote when Ireland was interviewing him in the locker room:

"The biggest thing for me going forward is to be consistent. I'll have games where I'm really shooting well and others where I might not be shooting real well but need to pickup the defense and or rebounding if I'm not scoring."

The guy understand what he needs to do and I love him on our team. The constant professional.

give some of that mindset to Gasol
khmrP

Postby JGC on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:35 am

khmrP wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:Loved his quote when Ireland was interviewing him in the locker room:

To be fair... I think Gasol is a total team player. He makes the extra pass and he is willing to do whatever the team wants him to do. It's not about him.

I think his biggest problem is that he just can't produce right now in the role that we need him to produce in. He's going to have to figure it out.
JGC

Postby snackdaddy on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:33 am

I would mind seeing Jamison sub for Gasol 7 or 8 minutes into the game and Gasol subbing for Dwight to start the 2nd quarter the first 6 or 7 minutes while Jamison is at the 4. Or, if Dwight gets early fouls, flip it. It gives everyone rest and enough minutes for Jamison. Do the same in the 2nd half. Then adjust the matchups accordingly for the 4th quarter.
snackdaddy

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:35 am

Great game. Consistency is the name of the game, though. 3 out of 4 games Jamison has played really well. Let's keep this up...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby trodgers on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:50 am

I think that what surprised me most (in a positive way) about Jamison is his ability to run and convert ridiculous layups. D'Antoni must've been feeling his pants constrict watching Jamison run the floor.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Juronimo on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:03 am

trodgers wrote:I think that what surprised me most (in a positive way) about Jamison is his ability to run and convert ridiculous layups. D'Antoni must've been feeling his pants constrict watching Jamison run the floor.

:man10: :man3: wtf

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby TIME on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:44 am

Juronimo wrote:
trodgers wrote:I think that what surprised me most (in a positive way) about Jamison is his ability to run and convert ridiculous layups. D'Antoni must've been feeling his pants constrict watching Jamison run the floor.

:man10: :man3: wtf

:man10: :freak2: :man10:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:01 pm

JGC wrote:
khmrP wrote:

To be fair... I think Gasol is a total team player. He makes the extra pass and he is willing to do whatever the team wants him to do. It's not about him.

I think his biggest problem is that he just can't produce right now in the role that we need him to produce in. He's going to have to figure it out.

talking bout the defense/rebounding part, not the scoring
khmrP

Postby BDG on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:25 pm

Anyone know when was the last time the Lakers had a guy score 30 points off the bench?

I'm thinking Lamar might have done it once. Before that though?

Maybe young Kobe?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby The Rock on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:29 pm

BDG wrote:Anyone know when was the last time the Lakers had a guy score 30 points off the bench?

I'm thinking Lamar might have done it once. Before that though?

Maybe young Kobe?

someone posted that stat here...I think Shaq in 98

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby BDG on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:34 pm

^ Huh why was Shaq coming off the bench? Return from injury?

BDG
Retired Admin

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion