Antawn Jamison Discussion: Cockroach

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Stretch 4!

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:48 am

Was it him who didn't get ball on the 2 on 1 fastbreak :man10: ?
wcsoldier81

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:10 am

Kobe's being asked to handle his role & Nash's role.. If that means Nash getting the ball as often as Kobe is now, I see great things ahead for Jamison.
lakersin4

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:10 am

I love this signing, I always believed he would come around even though some people here called him garbage. I love his game & he comes in to do his job like a true professional that he is.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby XXIV on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:23 am

With Pau out Jamison's confidence should continue to go up and hopefully that translates if/when he goes back to the bench. And when Nash returns he should be getting even better looks.
XXIV

Postby JLaker17 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:35 am

We expected Jamison to be bad on d, so he is playing up to if not better than what we expected. The problem is the team offense as a whole can't make up for majority of the players not playing good d, especially when Kobe goes into chuck mode. Our offense is inconstant right now because of Kobe, when Nash returns it really may fix our losing problem if Kobe does let him dominate the ball. Nash will start the offense and get EVERYONE involved all game. The games Kobe has around 7-8 assists, we blew teams out basically. When Kobe goes into to chuck mode, we lose. Offense is inconstant because we are asking Kobe to run the PG position consistently when he is obviously not mentally capable of having that pass first mindset in multiple games, but thats why he is naturally a SG.
JLaker17

Postby dj vitus on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:01 am

JLaker17 wrote:We expected Jamison to be bad on d, so he is playing up to if not better than what we expected. The problem is the team offense as a whole can't make up for majority of the players not playing good d, especially when Kobe goes into chuck mode. Our offense is inconstant right now because of Kobe, when Nash returns it really may fix our losing problem if Kobe does let him dominate the ball. Nash will start the offense and get EVERYONE involved all game. The games Kobe has around 7-8 assists, we blew teams out basically. When Kobe goes into to chuck mode, we lose. Offense is inconstant because we are asking Kobe to run the PG position consistently when he is obviously not mentally capable of having that pass first mindset in multiple games, but thats why he is naturally a SG.

I didn't see the game, but I'm wondering if Kobe chuck mode was the result of Houston's defense staying with our shooters and allowing Kobe to go chuck mode.

It seemed that way against Orlando for the most part, whereas against Denver, they were hounding Kobe every time he touched the ball, thus his 7-8 assists and everyone else shooting lights out.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:40 pm

shot very well!
Ariza3

Postby trodgers on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:45 pm

Last 7 Games:
15.8 points
8.0 boards
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Weezy on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:48 pm

I can't imagine how frustrated this guy was under Mike Brown, being wasted, used completely wrong, not played. Glad he was so professional through it all, and really at all times seemingly.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:28 pm

hope his ankle's okay
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Balance&Options24 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:29 pm

Didn't follow him much in Cleveland, did brown misuse him there too?
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby XXIV on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:19 am

fkmikebrown wrote:hope his ankle's okay

I was wondering why he didn't play towards the end, has there been any news about his ankle?
XXIV

Postby Kit on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:58 pm

His post game interview he said he is fine.
Kit

Postby odom1year on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:38 pm

Jamison is a proved garbage. He may have great games sometimes. But I can promise you that he will disappear in important games, especially in playoffs.
odom1year

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:03 am

I think it was just a bad game for him. Jazz really out worked us on the boards as they usually do to us. Jamison guarding Kanter is just asking to get own...Kanter owned our entire team so i dont blame him for that.

Just one of those lazy sunday games. He's still great for us and will continue to play well. Hes got a road trip to prove it to us and i hope he does with his attack mode mentality and rebounding on both ends. Passed the ball well minus that turnover late in the game where he jumped before passing which was dumb.

Cant wait for him and Nash to play together
Ariza3

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:07 am

odom1year wrote:Jamison is a proved garbage. He may have great games sometimes. But I can promise you that he will disappear in important games, especially in playoffs.

Thank you Nostradamus. And no he is not a proved garbage (approved garbage?).
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby frankrj on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:13 am

Wow! seriously. This guy a perennial journeyman on usual avg teams gets a thread.
I guess Duhon has one too?
These guys cannot just be thrown together and expect to win when they proved nothing on other teams.It ain't Phil teaching them secrets it is Mike D.
I am a Laker fan for decades but pissed at mgmt for picking up scrubs (and old ones).
frankrj

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:19 am

^^^He's been on 5 teams in 14 years, (Lakers being 5th), and he's a perennial journeyman? How hard is it to look this stuff up before posting ?

Jamison isn't a scrub, he had a bad game.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby frankrj on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:03 am

He is not a winner nor he has improved his game. I can't stand it when people jump on bandwagons of has-been players once they come here. I know he was with Golden State, Dallas, Washington and Cleveland. If he was not attractive enough for mgmt to keep him in Cleveland and he signs for the minimum here it tells you something. His best is gone.
Next thing people wil say is Duhon this, Duhon that. Too overly optimistic.
I know Kobe is positive and all and I like his positivity but dam u cant believe in Jamison! C'mon be real. Kobe and Dwight is all this team has. The role players are not good ones and won't ever be against the rest of the league unless it's the hornets or bullets. It amazes me how the Clippers are so loaded and the Lakers are so underloaded unless you count OLDIES. You know the league is fast & quick now. The Lakers aren't loaded or quick. Many more trades are needed.
frankrj

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:11 am

Doc Brown wrote:^^^He's been on 5 teams in 14 years, (Lakers being 5th), and he's a perennial journeyman? How hard is it to look this stuff up before posting ?

Jamison isn't a scrub, he had a bad game.

Exactly. He tries hard, he has had some BIG games for us (33 points the other day, talk about what have you done for me lately attitude by the fans!), and he's a very capable player especially since he came here for nothing and he's our backup PF. That's just the thing, I know he started last year, but he really is a bench type player at this point (35 years old) - he's filling in some big shoes even if Pau has been less than stellar.

Jamison isn't a problem. Pau's knees are however. Hopefully he recovers quickly.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:47 am

He started off the seaon horribly. He's picked it up the last 5-6 games. Last night, he was bad; however, I think Utah is just a bad matchup for him. Millsap always kills us. Jamison is averaging 8 points. I think that will pick up to around 10-12 along with decent outside shooting. He'll be fine...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby khmrP on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:55 am

frankrj wrote:Wow! seriously. This guy a perennial journeyman on usual avg teams gets a thread.
I guess Duhon has one too?
These guys cannot just be thrown together and expect to win when they proved nothing on other teams.It ain't Phil teaching them secrets it is Mike D.
I am a Laker fan for decades but pissed at mgmt for picking up scrubs (and old ones).

who did you expect them to pick up with vet min contracts? :man3:
khmrP

Postby frankrj on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:07 am

dwighthowardsdad wrote:He started off the season horribly. He's picked it up the last 5-6 games.

Because he is in D'Antoni's free shooting offense system. Of course he'll look good. Was he with Nash in Dallas?

C'mon Mike B and Phil know defense and that is what will win playoff games. The Lakers barely lost to OKC last year from some bonehead players down the stretch. Mike D system and Jamison getting double figures in reg. season games is no indication of how it will go in post-season. Has it ever been? NO

The veteran's minimum. That is the problem. Signing Artest and Gasol to these max deals so you are unable to get better players off-season. You sign superstars Kobe/Howard to max deals not good/very good players like Artest and Gasol.
frankrj

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:45 am

^Calm down. Jamison for the price he came for is playing well. Will he do well in the playoffs? IDK and neither do you. For now, what he is giving us during the regular season is decent.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby borri on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:10 pm

One bad game since MD's hire. Nothing much here. Move along.
borri

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion