Antawn Jamison Discussion: Cockroach

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:59 pm

Everytime a good role player or shooter comes to L.A he is crap for us.
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:02 pm

^ Well lighting up wasn't exactly a great accomplishment considering he mostly went up against a huge defensive liability whether it be Smush Parker, Tiere Brown, or Derek Fisher. There's been alot of average point guards who lit us up over the years and Blake was one of them.

I think in that last game he fooled us. Based off that one game we all thought we were getting a guy who could come in be a solid backup to Fisher and eventually be the starter. Never of those two things ever happened which is a big reason we haven't gotten past the second round in the two seasons Blake has been here.

Now we finally have a legit starting point guard who also happens to be one of the best to ever play the point guard position in Steve Nash. Very exciting prospect to say the least. Even if Nash has an off year he'll still be a huge, huge upgrade over Sessions and Blake.
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby The Rock on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:^ Well lighting up wasn't exactly a great accomplishment considering he mostly went up against a huge defensive liability whether it be Smush Parker, Tiere Brown, or Derek Fisher. There's been alot of average point guards who lit us up over the years and Blake was one of them.

I think in that last game he fooled us. Based off that one game we all thought we were getting a guy who could come in be a solid backup to Fisher and eventually be the starter. Never of those two things ever happened which is a big reason we haven't gotten past the second round in the two seasons Blake has been here.

Now we finally have a legit starting point guard who also happens to be one of the best to ever play the point guard position in Steve Nash. Very exciting prospect to say the least. Even if Nash has an off year he'll still be a huge, huge upgrade over Sessions and Blake.


that realization came 1 full year after he signed with us. Mitch included. Nobody thought he'd be this mediocre
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19991
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby kray28 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:20 pm

Part of the problem with Jamison is that he's got a fork sticking out of his back, and the other is that Mike Brown thinks he's a small forward.

Newflash for Mike, it's 2012, not 2002. If you want to play Jamison, try him at the 4...in the process, you might actually get Pau some more rest.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21238
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby Rooscooter on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:39 am

My take of Jamison's struggles are that he's never been a short stint player. His career low in minutes per game is 32.4 other than one season in Dallas where he got only 29 and his rookie year.

He's got to adjust to coming off the bench and to his teammates. I think he'll bet better as the season goes along but anyone expecting more than 10 to 11 points a game is going to be disappointed I believe.... unless we have an injury he's going to get 15 to 20 minutes in 3 or 4 short stints with Brown.... that's difficult to find a rhythm with that kind of use.

He's also showing signs of age. His shooting % is getting lower every year for the last 4 years with last year's being at just over 40%.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22826
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:10 am

Lol people are actually surprised that this guy sucks.
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby kenzo on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:21 am

kray28 wrote:Part of the problem with Jamison is that he's got a fork sticking out of his back, and the other is that Mike Brown thinks he's a small forward.

Newflash for Mike, it's 2012, not 2002. If you want to play Jamison, try him at the 4...in the process, you might actually get Pau some more rest.

That would be a win for Antawn, win for Pau and win for the Lakers... which means Brown will eff it up.
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5968
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby karacha on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:23 am

If Ray Allen came to the Lakers, his 3pt % would drop to 25%.


All kidding aside, we need Jamison to play minutes at the 4, and we also need him to score 8-10 on a regular basis.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37452
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:51 am

Any offensive output he gives us is basically negated by the fact that he's possibly the worst defender in the NBA. There is a reason I wasn't high on this guy when we got him even for the vet min.

We can really only depend on Hill and Meeks to be our go-to guys off the bench
Last edited by JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby nthydro on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:51 am

The part that bothers me most is his complacency. He's not even trying to get his game going. At all. He's running through the motions. It's not like he's only been a spot up shooter his whole career. He's a scorer. But so far he's shown none of his offensive skills. Why in the world is he taking a backseat to guys like Sacre, Hill, Meeks and Ebanks? I don't expect him to be competing for 6th man of the year at this point in his career but he's certainly capable of double digit points off the bench.
nthydro

 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby v1n5anity on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:04 am

LOL but KeepBynum said Jamison is supposed to match Harden production-wise :man10: :man10:

Hilarious that he laughed when I said Jamison averaging 10-12 ppg would be optimistic.

I honestly would be surprised if Jamison averaged more than 10 ppg.
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby 24/23goats on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:55 am

shoulda watched more cavs games; you woulda known what you were getting with jamison. He can score 18-20 points, but it takes him 35-40 bad shots to do it..that with his horrible D makes jamison not worth it imo
24/23goats

 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:50 am

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby cthroatgtr on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:10 pm

They didn't pay a lot for Jamison so if he doesn't work out it won't be that bad. Right now Hill's energy is more important and if Ebanks plays better as MWPs backup, then Jamison may be the odd man out. I am not sure there were many other options out there. Still he should be playing PF not SF.
cthroatgtr

 
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: so cal

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby Finwë on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:18 pm

24/23goats wrote:shoulda watched more cavs games; you woulda known what you were getting with jamison. He can score 18-20 points, but it takes him 35-40 bad shots to do it..that with his horrible D makes jamison not worth it imo

Too bad you weren't around to tell Mitch Kupchak that and help him avoid making a really bad move
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby nthydro on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:29 pm

V1n5anity wrote:LOL but KeepBynum said Jamison is supposed to match Harden production-wise :man10: :man10:

Hilarious that he laughed when I said Jamison averaging 10-12 ppg would be optimistic.

I honestly would be surprised if Jamison averaged more than 10 ppg.


Did he really say that :man3:
nthydro

 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby v1n5anity on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:17 pm

nthydro wrote:
V1n5anity wrote:LOL but KeepBynum said Jamison is supposed to match Harden production-wise :man10: :man10:

Hilarious that he laughed when I said Jamison averaging 10-12 ppg would be optimistic.

I honestly would be surprised if Jamison averaged more than 10 ppg.


Did he really say that :man3:


lakers-discussion/espn-predicts-nba-champion-lakers-get-votes-t135634-25.html#p3704353
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby therealdeal on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:50 pm

Why do you have to dig that up to tease him?

He doesn't deserve that.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40268
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby GoldHammish on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:07 pm

therealdeal wrote:Why do you have to dig that up to tease him?

He doesn't deserve that.

CL: where your posting history will forever haunt you.
User avatar
GoldHammish

 
Posts: 4971
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:29 pm

:man10:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:50 pm

im not scared he wont produce but he wont give us more than 10ppg with the minutes hes getting. i think he'd get more playing with Nash and Pau anchoring the 2nd unit.

so maybe some rotations with be mixed around throughout games.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby Weezy on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:44 pm

I'll be concerned if Jamison keeps sucking once games count. For now, I'm not concerned, I didn't see a lot of effort from him, and his preseason numbers vs regular season numbers posted recently in this thread show a huge difference, as well as he himself saying he hates the preseason. If he sucks it up in the regular season I will jump in with the criticism, but I don't care about preseason.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50941
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby therealdeal on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:59 pm

GoldHammish wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Why do you have to dig that up to tease him?

He doesn't deserve that.

CL: where your posting history will forever haunt you.


Yeah well if TLF had said something to draw extra teasing that's one thing, but it was brought up out of no where.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40268
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby lotus on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:39 pm

The hyped panic against Jamison is ridiculous considering that he hasn't played 1 minute of the regular season as a Laker. Sheesh.
lotus

 
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 8:15 am

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Give him up to the All Star break before making a conclusion
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7824
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling

Postby 24/23goats on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Finwë wrote:
24/23goats wrote:shoulda watched more cavs games; you woulda known what you were getting with jamison. He can score 18-20 points, but it takes him 35-40 bad shots to do it..that with his horrible D makes jamison not worth it imo

Too bad you weren't around to tell Mitch Kupchak that and help him avoid making a really bad move

LOL im glad you took him...now i dont have to watch im on the cavs anymore :man12:
24/23goats

 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.